Looking for a special bike, parts or gear, ask here.
Newbies, please read the Market Place Rules before posting in this section.
POST FORMAT: [LOCATION] description (WTB not required)
Hi everyone. It's time for another group buy while we're all enjoying the TDF and enjoying the success of Simon Gerrans. Many of you have participated in my Oakley group buys before and I thank you for your continued support. Some details have changed since I last did a group buy, in particular, I am now asking for a deposit prior to ordering. Please read the info carefully below to ensure we all understand the process/procedures of this group buy.
I used to have an online cycling business through which I made many different contacts. My business closed/ended in 2011 but I still have access to all of my suppliers and their wholesale prices. On Friday, 12th July I am sending an order off to my Oakley rep to get a few pairs of sunnies for my cycling mates here in Kerang, Victoria, and thought I'd once again open the offer up to the BNA community. I'll be ordering them from the US and the prices are usually 30-50% lower than Australian RRP, however with the falling Aussie dollar the prices may not be as good as they were in the past. If you'd like to order anything, or if you would like a price on anything, please let me know exactly what you're after via PM or email ( [email protected] ) and I'll get back to you. The price I give you will include postage within Australia, but you are more than welcome to come to Kerang (about 300km north of Melbourne) to pick them up once they arrive.
I can get most sunglasses and lenses, but I cannot get customised sunglasses. Most items will be here within the designated time line, however items on backorder may take considerably longer and there are usually a few pairs that I cannot get due to them becoming unavailable during the ordering process.
After sending the order away they will take at least 4-6 weeks to arrive from the US. I have made this offer to BNA members a few of times now and the turnaround can vary from 2-3 weeks to 8-10 weeks depending on availability.
Before I send your order I will require a deposit of $50. After they arrive I'll require the balance of your payment by bank deposit, cheque, money order or PayPal. I won't be making any money off your orders at all so if you need to pay via PayPal I will be asking you to pay a few dollars extra to cover the relevant fees.
You will need to go to the http://www.oakley.com/ page and choose United States of America as the "region" to see what I have access too. You can use the Australian Oakley page if you'd prefer however each site has slightly different items and the US generally has a larger range.
To calculate the prices, I:
- Take the US cost price
- Add the postage price to get them to my address in Australia.
- Add the cost of the box and bubblewrap that I send them to you in.
- Add the postage cost from Kerang, VIC to you.
For cheaper items this makes the cost quite similar to the US retail price, especially now that the dollar is declining, however these prices are still significantly lower than Australian retail prices (on most occasions).
Any questions etc, please contact me.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
The procedure for ordering is as follows:
1. Find the items you're interested in on the Oakley website.
2. Send me the SKU# from these items either via PM or by replying to this post.
3. I will send you the prices for your items. These prices will including postage within Australia.
4. If you agree on the price and would like me to order them for you, you'll need to send a $50 deposit to my bank account. I'll send you these details at the appropriate time. I'll hold this deposit until your order arrives or until your order is cancelled (due to unavailable items), and then I'll refund your deposit.
5. When your order arrives I'll send you an email requesting you to pay the balance, and I'll then ask for your postage details then too.
6. Then once your balance is received I'll post your items to you.
7. If you don't like any of the above then please don't waste my time. I don't make a cent from doing this and am doing it because I love cycling and love helping my fellow cyclists. Please keep this in mind.
Thanks Summer. I'll keep you updated on the progress of your other lenses. Hope you have a great weekend!
I've got these here now if anyone is interested. They were ordered by BNA members who didn't pay and/or communicate once they arrived to me. If you're interested in these let me know and I'll send you my account details. These are here now, ready to post to whoever wants them.
1. Oakley Big Taco - Crystal Black frames with Black Iridium lenses (SKU OO9173-02) = $130 including postage (rrp = $199.95)
2. HALF JACKET XLJ lenses (Clear) (SKU 13-402) = $50 including postage (rrp = $99.95).
I will take the Tacos. PM your acct details Ill send it today. I lost an arm off my jawbones so these can replace them and a cost for the SKU# 09-671 and SKU# 11-376
Can you get replacement arms? it doesn't seem I can get them?
PM has just been sent.
Hi Kyle. Thanks for the message. Unfortunately I can't find either of these on the Oakley website. Could you try either sending me a link or just the name and colour combination for each and then I'll try finding them again.
I wish I could however with BNA's new rules regarding Group Buys I'm not supposed to put listings like this in the Member to Member gear sales. I agree completely though. Normally with a listing like this I'd have 20-30 express an interest, but I've had about 5 this time.
I frequently send small orders off so just let me know what you'd like a price on, and then if you're interested I'll order them within the next few days for you.
Hi. Just checking that I haven't already replied to your message? I just replied to an email about the same pair and wasn't sure if you were the same person.
Can I please trouble you for a price (at this stage) on a pair of Jordy Smith polarized Jupiter Square (sku #009135-10)
They may not be available (Oakley Oz have confirmed they are an older model) so drams if not.
Cheers and kind regards
Stand on my dog I cut off your head
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Ross