WTB 90s STI/Ergo groupset

Looking for a special bike, parts or gear, ask here.
Forum rules
Newbies, please read the Market Place Rules before posting in this section.

POST FORMAT: [LOCATION] description (WTB not required)

WTB 90s STI/Ergo groupset

Postby matt1986 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:58 pm

Hi guys,

Building up another bike for a friend and he's insistent on integrated shifting, despite my best attempts to advocate indexed downtube shifters. Anyone have a 90s groupset with STI or ergolevers that they'd let go for somewhere in the region of $250?

Cheers,
Matt
matt1986

by BNA » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:40 pm

BNA

Re: WTB 90s STI/Ergo groupset

Postby spirito » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:40 pm

matt1986 wrote:

Building up another bike for a friend and he's insistent on integrated shifting, despite my best attempts to advocate indexed downtube shifters. Anyone have a 90s groupset with STI or ergolevers that they'd let go for somewhere in the region of $250?

Be picky about what's offered to you - old parts are old parts and is sometimes a false economy (good luck getting spares for some things). Often people can spend much more $'s and time trying to get it all to work when you can have new silver groupsets for around of just under $500 + it will come with full cable sets and you can choose crank length, cassette size and front derailleur mount type. I'd suggest Shimano 105 or Campagnolo Veloce for a good budget groupset.

http://www.shinybikes.com/groupsets-road/
Cranky Jim wrote: God did not invent gears. Men invented gears ... because we are not gods.
spirito

Postby for_sleep » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:30 pm

Would you be interested in a set of 3300 Sora shifters? 8-speed, some cosmetic wear but in good working condition. Also should have the corresponding Rear Derailleur and Front Derailleur somewhere. Let me know and I'll try dig them out
for_sleep

Postby matt1986 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:44 am

spirito wrote:
matt1986 wrote:

Be picky about what's offered to you - old parts are old parts and is sometimes a false economy (good luck getting spares for some things). Often people can spend much more $'s and time trying to get it all to work when you can have new silver groupsets for around of just under $500 + it will come with full cable sets and you can choose crank length, cassette size and front derailleur mount type. I'd suggest Shimano 105 or Campagnolo Veloce for a good budget groupset.

http://www.shinybikes.com/groupsets-road/

Cheers Spirito - if it were my bike there'd already be an alloy Veloce group in the mail, but my mate doesn't want to spend over $500 for the whole bike, so economising is a must. Veloce is the best value groupset around as far as I'm concerned.

For_sleep, thanks for the offer, but it looks like I'll be picking up a Sora/Tiagra 8 speed group.

Matt
matt1986

Return to Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap