Sharing your (Private) sales on external sites such as ebay and gumtree.
Newbies, please read the Market Place Rules before posting in this section.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
The WA Historical Cycle Club is having an auction of donated bikes and parts at our next meeting on Feb 17
http://historicalcycleclub.com.au/event ... ruary-2014
* Large framed 1970’s Raleigh Rapide with wrap over stays. Complete bike with knackered Suntour derailleurs. The Weinmann centre pull brakes, GB bars and stem, original Raleigh cranks and seatpost are all in reasonable condition.
• Step through Swansea 2 Swan c. 1940. Complete unrestored bike with 1 Westwood rimmed wheel, 1 more modern steel rimmed wheel, Perry coaster hub
• Step through Malvern Star 2 Star. One lady owner who worked at, and met her hubby at, the Malvern Star worksop in Perth many moons ago. Complete bike, rough condition but has mudguards drilled for skirts and unusual swing-out expandable carrier.
• Step through Speedwell c1960’s or 70’s
• Mens Ricardo Racemaster shorter frame, alloy rims, serial 561998, reasonable condition
• Malver Star SL Sports early 70's reasonable condition
• several boxes of useful bits mostly 60’s to 80’s
Last edited by RobertFrith on Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bump and an update...
This is on tomorrow night.. one more bike to add to the list and a bit of a breakdown on the boxes of bits;
• medium roadster frame, bolt on stays, with steel rimmeds wheels, seatpost and nice Nicklin crankset
• box of cranks, a couple of Williams in good shape are the best of them but there are also some kiddie sized cranks and a nice Ashtabula that looks a cut above the usual flaking chrome muck
• box of pedals, mostly older platform/rubber
• box of about 6 handlebars, some steel some alloy, some with stems
• couple of 70's Suntour derailleurs, front and rear (not Superbe Pro I'm afraid) and Suntour thumbies
• handful of cute 60's and 70's speedos and lights, including an all in one Sanyo dyne and light
• box of seatposts and some Lee Chi brake levers, incl. an aero pair
• top tube retro kids seat
None of this stuff is amazingly rare but it's all going to start at $1 and the competition will probably be pretty light. I'll be bidding on the bars as I like the cut of the jib on an older steel pair with decent chrome. The box of cranks could potentially walk out for less than the eBay price of a single squarehead chainring bolt and there are 8 of those in there. If you don't want the whole lot just cut a deal with someone else on the night.
If you haven't been to a WAHCC meeting before tomorrow night is a great night to come along and see what we're about. Bring a few pennies for the auction and a couple of bucks for the tea and bikkie kitty If you haven't been along before you might want to consult the directions here - it can be a challenge to find in the dark! See you there
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users