AvantiPlus bike store rebrand to My Ride

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

AvantiPlus bike store rebrand to My Ride

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:52 pm

AvantiPlus stores are spread across Australia and it has been commonplace to see local bike shops suddenly become an AvantiPlus store - sometimes it is primarily a new sign and new stock or it is a complete shop fit-out in the AvantiPlus style. (At other times, stores then drop their Avanti affiliation and return). There are currently 26 stores in Australia and 22 in New Zealand

The New Zealand owners of Avanti - Sheppard Cycles will roll this out in 2018 and have started with the first store in Cannington in Perth.

The new branding drops the dominant blue and green and a black/white foundation with 'popping' logo of yello, lime and turquoise to form the letter R.

My Ride is accompanied with a catchphrase "Bikes for life". The rebrand shifts from the 'bike shop' and stores are presented more as lifestyle retailer (e.g. Apple stores present or operate as 'computer shops').

The new naming however does two things. Firstly "My Ride' creates a stronger affinity between the bike rider and cycling. This can also mean that it appears to exclude 'the general public' who just want a bike.

In the catchphrase is a misnomer - the average modern bicycle has a limited lifespan. Obviously you can stretch out the life but if you consider how many sports bikes from the 80's and 90's are still actively in service for their owners, then bike for life are the exception and more likely with custom framebuilders. Essentially the catchphrase is simpler and says "we love bikes"

A bit more details and interview in Bicycling Trade:
Cycling is in my BNA

Velt

Re: AvantiPlus bike store rebrand to My Ride

Postby Velt » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:19 am

They posted a video of what it looks inside if anyone is curious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELKwP0i ... e=youtu.be

gsxrboy

Postby gsxrboy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:00 pm

I quite like it. The store isn't too far away from me and I went to school with some of the lads there. The store layout looks great, easy to navigate and well grouped for like for like bikes.

Bundling it up as a lifestyle concept is more than fine, as that's where the market should ... push bikes... Not racing, not mega $ halo machines. All those things come naturally as a rider progress through their life... cycle.. The bikes for life catchphrase doesn't mean a 100 year old bike, it's bikes for life. More than one, N+1 and all that.

Engage people on two wheels first, then comes the benefits after of more sales, better health, lower community costs.

mikgit

Postby mikgit » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:07 pm

My main store is an avanti plus, they have been doing tv adverts for the bikes for life for a bit...I always took it as riding bikes for life as opposed to bikes that last a lifetime
Fat Chance Yo Eddy 2.2, Intense Sniper XC Pro, Look 675, Cervelo R3, GT Xizang, GT Zaskar, Yeti ARC, DiamondBack Apex