Oceania Bicycles (wholesaler) Closing

Duck!
Expert

Oceania Bicycles (wholesaler) Closing

Postby Duck! » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:19 pm

As per the heading, Oceania Bicycles, distributor of, among others, brands such as Fuji, Kestrel and SE bikes, Bryton GPS computers and Pedal Nation accessories are closing as of this month. If you're a) in Melbourne and b) on Farcebook, check out their page for details on direct-to-public sales days, as they've run some over the last couple of weekends.

What the future holds for distribution of those brands carried by Oceania remains to be seen.
I had a thought, but it got run over as it crossed my mind.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Oceania Bicycles (wholesaler) Closing

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:02 am

They are good brands. I met the team many years ago in their Melbourne warehouse though they have generally kept a lower public profile as far as wholesales go in my book (for the brands as well).

If the prices are good, there should be some lucky new bike owners. Would be a good opportunity for growing distributors to pick up some good and know brands and growing their presence.
Cycling is in my BNA

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Oceania Bicycles (wholesaler) Closing

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:55 pm

And now it is back. "Craig McGregor, General Manager for Oceania Bicycles, has decided to start a fresh business of his own, carrying on distributing many of the brands that Oceania Bicycles distributed."

So we have a rename and the same brands and many of the same reps. Obviously good news for the retailers who should be able to rely on the continuing distributer supply and support. I expect a refresh and optimisation of the business structure to overcome whatever caused the closure.

source: Bicycling Trade
Cycling is in my BNA