Popular Bike Shops
Join the Cycling Forums on Strava
Australian Cycling Forums on Strava
Latest Reviews and Articles
Will your next bike be Intelligent? ABS and Smart Bike Tech
Vitus Vitesse EVO Disc Review – Speed Machine indeed!
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:06 pm
Bikeline is Toowoombas oldest cycle retailer, currently operating from 13 Railway Street. The sector is exciting and challenging with customers increasingly accessing our products and services across all channels. Even after 25 years we continue to expand and we want you to be part of the journey.
We are now looking to recruit an experienced Mechanic to support our current mechanical crew in the service our great clientele. This is a challenging role. Day to day, you will be building bikes, undertaking repairs and completing bike services to a high standard within a set timeframe. We are passionate about providing great customer service and this means providing them with quality products and services.
We would like to hear from candidates with experience in undertaking repairs to bikes and have a passion for cycling.
• A great level of technical bike building knowledge & an understanding of how to gain further information as required.
• A good understanding of mechanical principles such as torque settings / materials.
• An understanding of all customer related policies, especially warranties.
• An interest in cycling & an enthusiasm about the products we sell.
• Fantastic organisation skills with the ability to prioritise important & time dependant tasks.
• Acute safety awareness of the use of machinery & tools by you as well as the shop floor & bike building teams.
• Able to identify issues with faulty bikes & problem solve.
• Patient & helpful towards customers & colleagues who will always have lots of questions.
• Great communication & listening skills, able to talk to people without the use of jargon or highly technical speak.
• Able to build relationships with store management, & 3rd parties such as representatives & mechanics from other brands.
• Good influencing skills, able to push back when asked for shop floor support if you think this will affect the workshop’s workload considerably.
• Confident to conduct your role in front of an audience, resolving on the spot issues with the customer present.
• Good decision making ability, able to use initiative to determine when you or your Manager should make a decision.
• Great precision & attention to detail.
• The ability to stay calm under pressure, maintain composure & keep order & focus amongst the team even under heavy workloads. You should maintain an open workshop mentality, even if your workshop is out of sight.
• Taking pride in all you do & an awareness of the impact your actions have on the store.
• A role model for the rest of the team, acting with integrity & treating everyone with respect.
• Punctual & flexible, able to take on additional hours to cover sickness, holidays or peak periods when required.
• Able to oversee the team, in the absence of the Workshop Manager.
• A good understanding of shop floor related tasks.
• A readiness to help & work as a team to achieve goals, regularly making suggestions to improve store performance.
• An understanding of (or ability to learn)Tower POS as well as general IT & Maths skills.
• The ability to train and coach others as well as a willingness to continually learn & develop your own skills.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, why not apply by emailing
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact Kerry Cosgrove, store owner on +61418151678 or via Bikeline Facebook Messages.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Enjoy the ride![/color]
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General Cycling Discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Malvern Star
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Tamiya
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.