Garmin Tanita scales and various activity monitors

BaldPatch

Garmin Tanita scales and various activity monitors

Postby BaldPatch » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:26 am

I own a Garmin Edge 800 and have been looking at the Tanita scales which can link up with the Edge and transmit your body weight and fat % .
The Tanita scales seem very expensive for $300, has anyone got any feedback on them?
Does anyone own a Fit Bit or another activity monitor? and if so do you think the information you get is worth the expense?

kb

Re: Garmin Tanita scales and various activity monitors

Postby kb » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:40 am

I was interested in this at one stage but decided it wasn't worth it for me. As overweight as I am, I get reasonable feedback from scale, mirror and tape measure. If I were to splurge would probably go Withings for around the same price, as Golden Cheetah supports it's API and will update your weight for you.

ValleyForge

Re: Garmin Tanita scales and various activity monitors

Postby ValleyForge » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:39 pm

My fitbit sits in my drawer at work. It didn't measure my main exercise (riding) and was such a pain to remember to charge and sync. I'm now looking for a wrist-based HR monitor watch so I can work out my recovery data from my riding. Alas nothing quite ticks all the boxes. Yet.

As for the scales, I use a impedance body composition scales which charts my % fat, muscle, bone etc. Then I write that down!
Ha ha ha! Cookies on dowels.