Vector 2 keeps coming unplugged from pedal

JetRangerMike

Vector 2 keeps coming unplugged from pedal

Postby JetRangerMike » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:13 pm

Hey Guys,
Is it just me or does anybody else have problems with the pod coming unplugged from the pedal? I had my Vector 2's only a few days when the right pedal/pod came unplugged and ended up busting the pins on the pod, forcing me to buy a new pod.

Since then I've tried to use some tape to hold the pod plug in place, but with riding through rain etc. it's came unstuck ... today hit a patch of rough bitumen and sure enough the plug from the pod came disconnected again, forcing me to stop, plug back in and recalibrate. Very annoying ...

For me it always seems to be right pod that becomes unplugged ... right by the chainset etc. right where it can get easily damaged.

What do others do? Was think a bit of hot glue could do the trick ... any other ideas?

Mike

NGtim

Re: Vector 2 keeps coming unplugged from pedal

Postby NGtim » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:40 am

I think there is something definitely wrong with the installation... Can you please do some close up photos? Have you got spacers correctly installed? I have owned the Vector for almost 6000km's and have never had any issues with the pod coming disconnected! It's actually quite hard to disconnect when I am doing battery changes etc.

Regards

JetRangerMike

Re: Vector 2 keeps coming unplugged from pedal

Postby JetRangerMike » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:22 pm

Thank Ntgin,
I wasn't using spacers ... but through some in tonight for good measure, albeit there was reasonable clearance without the spacer. The pod cable does seem to press in further and more secure with the spacer.

But the other thing that I noticed as I was re-checking clearances etc. is that I had the pod facing the trailing edge of the crank rather than the leading edge that was recommended in the manual. So, I guess theoretically if in the heat of battle the chain did happen to clip the pod on the cable entering the spindle, then it could flick the cable out.

I've changed it so the pod is the other way around with the pod facing the leading edge, so in the unlikely event of the chain flicking the pod cable then it would just brush against the plastic without anything to potentially flick the cable out.

I heard from my LBS that others had the problem, which is why I hadn't thought too hard about it ... so thanks for forcing me to stop and think about it! :)

Will see how it goes with these couple of changes.

Mike