Donate a bike to a family in need

Questions about purchasing bicycles and parts

Postby maria-louise » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:26 pm

My name is Maria and I am currently doing research on the settlement of refugee families here in Australia. I am in touch with a family of 5 children that do not have many finacial ressources, however, the children loves to ride bikes, especially to school, because all the other children ride their bikes to school. Unfortynately, the family cannot afford to buy bikes for the children, and as I am a student coming from Denmark (Europe) I do not have much money to spare either. I am interested in finding out if any of you parents out there have any spare bikes that your children have grown out of, that you would like to donate to this family. I know that the style that is in fashion is the mountain bike/ BMX style and the kids are in the ages: 4 (boy), 6 (girl), 8 (boy), 9 (boy), 11 (a very tall 11 year old). The bikes would be loved very much by these children. If you have anything that is in reasonable condition please do not hesitate to contact me on e-mail: [email protected] . Thank you. Sorry. Forgot to mention that I am In Western Australia in the Perth Area.
Last edited by maria-louise on Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maria-louise

by BNA » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:38 pm

BNA

Postby maria-louise » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:38 pm

Sorry. Forgot to mention that I am In Western Australia in the Perth Area.
maria-louise

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:48 pm

Hi

Please visit www.bicyclerecycling.com.

They are a good resource of programmes for bike recycling. In the links section under WA they have a site listed which could be a good starting point for you: Hedland Senior High. This is ahighschool and they had a program of recycling bikes for students and the community. I would E-Mail or better, call them to find out if they can help.

Cheers
Christopher
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby cludence » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:22 pm

If you have no luck with Headland Senior High, let me know as I might be able to chase something up for you. I have heard of another place over your way, I just dont have the details offhand.

karen.
cludence

Return to Buying a bike / parts