Discount bicycle gear - Anaconda

casual_cyclist

Discount bicycle gear - Anaconda

Postby casual_cyclist » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:22 pm

Anaconda is having a sale (again :roll: ). I am going to check out the Fluid Sport Bike Knicks which are $24, worth a look I guess. http://www.anaconda.com.au/Specials.aspx?p=18

If anyone is interested in hydration packs they have a 2L for $19. I am pretty sure it's the one I have which is very good. http://www.anaconda.com.au/Specials.aspx?p=13

Also, if you are looking for a reflective vest for dusk/night riding (e.g. Audax rides) I just picked up one from Kathmandu for $12.90 http://www.kathmandu.com.au/Accessories ... _Vest.html

Still on the hunt for a vest (Gilet).
Last edited by casual_cyclist on Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<removed by request>

grosry

Re: Discount bicycle gear

Postby grosry » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:37 pm

casual_cyclist wrote:Anaconda is having a sale (again :roll: ). I am going to check out the Fluid Sport Bike Knicks which are $24, worth a look I guess. http://www.anaconda.com.au/Specials.aspx?p=18
Not the greatest knicks - they are my old old old ones that I used to use for a month when I started out! Okay for $24- though! :)
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year but eventually it will subside and something else will take it's place. If I quit however, it will last forever." - Lance Armstrong

dhorrell

Postby dhorrell » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:02 pm

I had never heard of fluid before i discovered anaconda. Is it just a brand that anaconda made up? :?

Anyway, i got a pair of lights from anaconda for $30 and they haven't let me down yet, except the straps that hold them on are a bit weak. I thought i had lost my front one, but luckily it was just in my driveway. :P

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:12 am

casual_cyclist wrote:Still on the hunt for a vest (Gilet).
Torpedo 7 have this one on sale for $18.99.

Only issue, at least for me, is that it is not a mesh back. Mesh back is much better for ventilation.

Regards
Andrew

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:12 am

dhorrell wrote:I had never heard of fluid before i discovered anaconda. Is it just a brand that anaconda made up? :?
As far as I know, yes or rather it is a house brand.

Andrew

peter

Postby peter » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:24 am

dhorrell wrote:I had never heard of fluid before i discovered anaconda. Is it just a brand that anaconda made up? :?
Apparently Anaconda is the sole distributor:

http://www.fluidbicycles.com/contact.html

Which is not surprising since they are all part of Spotlight.

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:36 am

Aushiker wrote:
As far as I know, yes or rather it is a house brand.

Andrew
Correct. Some of it is ok (sunglasses in particular, basic jerseys), some of it not so good (eg the knicks) IMO.
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

JV911

Postby JV911 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:23 pm

Cell has a sale on too
<---LACC--->
<---BMC SLR01--->

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:27 pm

JV911 wrote:Cell has a sale on too
Nearly snapped up a lampre jersey for $15... then realised I had a laybuy to pay off at LBS, new tyres take priority :(
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

gorilla monsoon

Postby gorilla monsoon » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:33 pm

Agree that Fluid nicks are not that great, a bit thin in the padded bits. Cell nicks for similar price are much better IMO.

Last time I was in Anaconda, the one near Homebush, that they seemed to have rationalised a lot of their stock. Not a lot in the way of jerseys and no longs, odd, seeing it was getting into autumn.
Not my circus, not my monkeys

Chanboy

Postby Chanboy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:49 pm

FYI - I just picked up a hi-vis vest from GoLo for $6.95, looks almost identical to the one from Anaconda (which is still cheap for 12 bucks). Came with the little fluro carry bag also... which I've lost already... :-)

hartleymartin

Postby hartleymartin » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:54 pm

You can pick up those hi-vis vests in any junk shop for about $5 or $6 in many places. Just remember to get one with the hi-vis striping around it for day/night use as the plain yellow vest is only good for day use. (Why would you bother with one without the hi-vis stripes?)
Martin Christopher Hartley

http://raleightwenty.webs.com - the top web resource for the Raleigh Twenty

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:26 pm

hartleymartin wrote:You can pick up those hi-vis vests in any junk shop for about $5 or $6 in many places. Just remember to get one with the hi-vis striping around it for day/night use as the plain yellow vest is only good for day use. (Why would you bother with one without the hi-vis stripes?)
Yeah, I looked in the local junk shop first but they didn't have any. Didn't have time to shop around too much as I need it for my 300 on Saturday.
<removed by request>

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:37 pm

ok, so I checked out the knicks at Anaconda. IMO they are rubbish, but what do you expect for $25? I picked up a pair of padded gloves for $9 though (discounted from $25) and a set of lights for $29 (down from $60). The front light is pretty amazing and makes my old ones look very dim. I will let you know how they all go after my 300 on Saturday. Everything will get a good run then - around 5 hours or so of night riding :shock:
<removed by request>

casual_cyclist

Re: Discount bicycle gear - Anaconda

Postby casual_cyclist » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:10 pm

Of course Anaconda are having another sale :roll: Looked at the jerseys for $39 but wasn't really impressed. I did pick up a beam rack bag for $25 (down from $40). Seems good. Also picked up 2 helmet lights for $10 which seem ok.

To me, the stuff that is not on clearance prices seems a lot overpriced. On the other hand, they have purpetual sales :roll:

EDIT: I forgot that they have a whole bunch of shimano shoes for $100 to $120 in limited sizes and styles. I don't really know anything about them though so can't advise further than that other then some have SPD written on them.
<removed by request>

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:33 pm

hartleymartin wrote: (Why would you bother with one without the hi-vis stripes?)
They are for internal (e.g. inside a warehouse) and/or daytime only use depending on colour (yellow/orange). No point paying extra for high vis stripes that arent going to be high vis.

Matty

Postby Matty » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:53 pm

Just thought I'd add that Anaconda are currently clearing out all the Topeak racks that they have. They are switching their supplier of racks from Topeak to Fluid so hence why they are clearing out the Topeaks. Sadly, I didn't come in time and they were out of the Super Tourist I wanted :(

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:55 pm

Matty wrote:Just thought I'd add that Anaconda are currently clearing out all the Topeak racks that they have. They are switching their supplier of racks from Topeak to Fluid so hence why they are clearing out the Topeaks. Sadly, I didn't come in time and they were out of the Super Tourist I wanted :(
I want one too but Innaloo was sold out
<removed by request>

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:02 pm

Just picked up a TopPeak beam rack ($40) and 2xJerseys ($39 each). Not too sure about the quality of the Jerseys but I need some spares.
<removed by request>

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:32 pm

Back to Anaconda tonight to return my beam rack (it didn't fit my bike). Picked up a rack for $40 that will fit the rack top bag that I have and like :D Picked up a spare Cat-Eye Velo 8 for my other bike for $30 (Joondalup shop). Also, Netti leg warmers for $30. They are selling out a lot of stock.
<removed by request>

Matty

Postby Matty » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:04 am

Casual Cyclist did they have any Topeak Rack bags left and the Joondalup store? The Osborne park one only had a small RX bag left.

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:35 am

Matty wrote:Casual Cyclist did they have any Topeak Rack bags left and the Joondalup store? The Osborne park one only had a small RX bag left.
I didn't see any, only Tioga for $40. They are nice rack bags (not for beams but for racks). I must say I wasn't looking tho. You could try calling in case?
<removed by request>

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:37 pm

Anaconda are now having a 20% everything sale for today and tomorrow. Includes sale items.
<removed by request>

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:21 pm

As an adventure club member I recieved a voucher in the mail earlier in the week - $40 off any purchase above $100. End result, $165 worth of Park tools already marked down to $105, got em for $65. Winner :)

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:36 pm

im_no_pro wrote:As an adventure club member I recieved a voucher in the mail earlier in the week - $40 off any purchase above $100. End result, $165 worth of Park tools already marked down to $105, got em for $65. Winner :)
Also includes a $40 voucher for a friend no? Any offers? :)

Andrew