Cell Bikes

jcjordan

Re: Cell Bikes

Postby jcjordan » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:25 am

Mark

I will say that the way that you and your company with its customers is its strongest asset.

I have believe that in the current business environment the only area where Australian brick and mortar companies (ie located and run within our boarders) is is the service aspects.

Most will pay more for this as they see it as part of the value of any purchase.

I for one did have a few difficulties with a couple of orders but the response I got means that I wanted to come back.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 4
James
Veni, Vidi, Vespa -- I Came, I Saw, I Rode Home

rangersac

Postby rangersac » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:38 am

Good experiences from my end using Cell with delivery especially rapid to Tasmania. This definitely can't be said for many other outlets!
De Rosa Macro | Intense Primer | Wayward Cape York | Cotic Rocket

kx315

Postby kx315 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:04 pm

Just completed my second order with Cell very happy :D only small gripe I have (and it is small) is my package was ordered on the 29/7 dispatched 30/7 arrived WA 2/8 delivered 6/8 so it hung around in a depot in WA for a few days longer that I thought it would (I am however an impatient person :lol:)

Happy to shop here again.
2012 Giant Cross City 2
2013 Giant Defy Advanced 0
2016 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:47 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Also no worries if it is negative. That's why I'm here, to sort out your issues and listen and action solutions to your complaints and observations on how we can improve our service to you.

Sometimes things happen that is out of our control, but what we CAN control is how we make it up to you, solve it, and get you sorted. That can always be within our control.
-website mgr Mark
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.this link is broken/contact-us

kx315

Postby kx315 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:52 pm

CELL Bikes wrote:Thanks for the feedback. Also no worries if it is negative. That's why I'm here, to sort out your issues and listen and action solutions to your complaints and observations on how we can improve our service to you.

Sometimes things happen that is out of our control, but what we CAN control is how we make it up to you, solve it, and get you sorted. That can always be within our control.
-website mgr Mark
As I said very small gripe however the tracking of the parcel appears to end once your courier hands to their WA agent. It might be worth asking them a question as to why. My shipment has been delivered but the web tracking still says its with WA agent.
2012 Giant Cross City 2
2013 Giant Defy Advanced 0
2016 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:02 pm

Couriers are pathetic in any case. I'm still waiting for a package from Brissy which was sent via Courier 10 days ago!
Fastway Couriers - worst company in history.
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:30 pm

MarkG wrote:Couriers are pathetic in any case. I'm still waiting for a package from Brissy which was sent via Courier 10 days ago!
Fastway Couriers - worst company in history.
I reckon that couriers please could give them a run for their money for that award

James

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:56 pm

Sadly, driving a car isn't treeated as a high level skill, and putting something into your van, driving to the address on the label and giving it to someone isn't exactly a high level skill. Hence, the staff doing such work (courier work) may not be in the running for "Best in Show".

dajackal

Postby dajackal » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:34 pm

I'm curious to find out more about the SS200a bike. Thinking about buying one for my Dad for an early fathers day present.
http://www.this link is broken/Cell-2013-SS200a-City-Bike" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is this a new model - I haven't seen it listed before. I was originally eyeing the SS200 and the SS200a seems like even better value with the Sora components. Is it a better deal, or am I missing something?

Also as we are quite far away from the Stanmore store, is it easy enough to have it delivered and then self install? I am worried that the derailleurs will need some adjustments as I don't know how to service this component. If it's just installing a saddle and handlebar, it shouldn't be a problem.

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:44 pm

dajackal wrote:I'm curious to find out more about the SS200a bike. Thinking about buying one for my Dad for an early fathers day present.
http://www.this link is broken/Cell-2013-SS200a-City-Bike" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is this a new model - I haven't seen it listed before. I was originally eyeing the SS200 and the SS200a seems like even better value with the Sora components. Is it a better deal, or am I missing something?

Also as we are quite far away from the Stanmore store, is it easy enough to have it delivered and then self install? I am worried that the derailleurs will need some adjustments as I don't know how to service this component. If it's just installing a saddle and handlebar, it shouldn't be a problem.
Hi dajackal, yes, this is a very low margin deal, at a great value, that we are simply using to offer customers a great deal. Instead of spending money on lots of advertising, we try to let our deals speak for us.

If you decide to order online, please leave a note in customer comments: "Mark said I could have a free bottle / cage", this goes for anyone in this forum as well, when buying a bike.

If you get it shipped to you, you'll only need to install the front wheel, turn the stem/handlebars the right way (and tighten the stem), and install the pedals. We tune the gears before the bike gets shipped out. Feel free to send me an email if you have any further questions (mark@this link is broken).
-website mgr Mark

dajackal

Postby dajackal » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:54 am

many thanks mark, i've since placed my order making it my first online bike purchase :)

im just curious though, it seems that the SS200a has been taken down from your website. has it sold out? will there be any issues fulfilling my order?

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:34 am

Mark

Just out curiosity do you happen to know when you will be stored king the Lemond trainers again and for how much

James

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:55 am

dajackal wrote:many thanks mark, i've since placed my order making it my first online bike purchase :)

im just curious though, it seems that the SS200a has been taken down from your website. has it sold out? will there be any issues fulfilling my order?
Hi dajackal, your order will go through no worries mate. This was taken down from the website because it was meant to be an exclusive deal somewhere else. So you got lucky! :D

You have my email, and I'm only a click away!
-website mgr Mark

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:48 pm

jcjordan wrote:Mark

Just out curiosity do you happen to know when you will be stored king the Lemond trainers again and for how much

Hi James, we have the Lemond Direct Drive trainer and keep it in stock.

http://www.this link is broken/LeMond-Revo ... ct-Drive_2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-website mgr Mark

Fixie82

Postby Fixie82 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:04 am

Why can returns or exchanges on purchases from the website not be handled through the new Melbourne store? Seems redundant to have a retail outlet with the opportunity for face to face customer service not utilised in this capacity.

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:14 pm

Fixie82 wrote:Why can returns or exchanges on purchases from the website not be handled through the new Melbourne store? Seems redundant to have a retail outlet with the opportunity for face to face customer service not utilised in this capacity.
Hi Fixie82, that is a very reasonable and logical question which I will bring up with the owner and senior staff.

I've always been about 'make things as easy for the customer as possible'.

Send me an email or PM and I will let you know why personally, once I found out.
-website mgr Mark

Ross

Postby Ross » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:57 pm

Respect to Mark from Cell Bikes being on the forum and answering questions within a few hours. Shame Torpedo 7 wasn't half as efficient or timely. I think I've just made my last purchase from them.

Fixie82

Postby Fixie82 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:28 pm

^ +1 Great to get a refreshingly honest answer.

Thanks Cell Bikes

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:41 pm

Ross wrote:Respect to Mark from Cell Bikes being on the forum and answering questions within a few hours. Shame Torpedo 7 wasn't half as efficient or timely. I think I've just made my last purchase from them.
Hi Ross, thanks for your support mate. I wish more companies would see the value in having a voice in the popular forums. We can all learn from each other and see how to serve all of you guys better, or at least know what we need to improve and work on.

So many companies wonder how they can improve their service to customers....it's easy...just ask them and listen to them in forums!!!!

I've seen a tendency as well, for bike shops to rubbish other shops to customers in-store. This is in poor taste, and we should all let our service speak for itself. AU bike shops should be doing their best to provide the best prices and service to try and get back our dollars going offshore!
-website mgr Mark

lobstermash

Postby lobstermash » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:44 pm

Getting involved in a forum like this is brave. Because the content is controlled by 3rd parties, it can create difficulties for businesses when things start going wrong. I've seen a few try and get involved in their industry-related forums and get lambasted with criticisms that are difficult to deal with in a public forum.

You can bet your bottom dollar that there are other companies reading every word said about them on this forum... They just generally won't stick their neck out. So I'll heartily +1 Ross' comments as well.

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:57 pm

lobstermash wrote:Getting involved in a forum like this is brave. Because the content is controlled by 3rd parties, it can create difficulties for businesses when things start going wrong. I've seen a few try and get involved in their industry-related forums and get lambasted with criticisms that are difficult to deal with in a public forum.

You can bet your bottom dollar that there are other companies reading every word said about them on this forum... They just generally won't stick their neck out. So I'll heartily +1 Ross' comments as well.
If a company is like this...sticking your head in the sand won't make anything go away. I've found throughout the years, that if you cop it like a man, own up to any stuff-ups, and genuinely always try to do the best thing, most people will admire the effort in trying to make things right.

However, sometimes people have an ego, and hate to ever admit if things are wrong, or that they've stuffed up, or that something needs to be fixed. We're not perfect as well, sometimes everything that can go wrong does, all we can do is try our best to fix it.

This reminds me of a blog I once wrote ( http://blog.this link is broken/2011/01/wh ... ell-bikes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ), after I wrote it, I got an email saying:

" Hi, my name is XXX XXX, I own (witheld) Cycles Melbourne and Fitzroy, I noticed your (blog) saying why you are so cheap and I am greedy, to be honest I find this offensive.. "

The thing is, I never mentioned anyone's name in particular! Seems like someone was feeling guilty...
People like this are part of the problem, and not the solution. Hopefully some day we'll all (the bike shops) wake up and give you guys better service as a whole.
-website mgr Mark

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:22 pm

I just used the live chat thing on Cell Bikes - very cool!
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

dajackal

Postby dajackal » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:45 pm

Ordered my second Cell bike on Monday, received it this morning. Very impressed!

First time assembling a bike, let's pray I can without making it a dogs breakfast.

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:49 pm

dajackal wrote:Ordered my second Cell bike on Monday, received it this morning. Very impressed!

First time assembling a bike, let's pray I can without making it a dogs breakfast.
I can have one of our guys call you to walk you through, if you need assistance.
-website mgr Mark

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:42 pm

CELL Bikes wrote:If a company is like this...sticking your head in the sand won't make anything go away. I've found throughout the years, that if you cop it like a man, own up to any stuff-ups, and genuinely always try to do the best thing, most people will admire the effort in trying to make things right.

-website mgr Mark
Where's that damn "LIKE" button got to?
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011