Cell Bikes

CELL Bikes

Re: Cell Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:54 am

jacob_T wrote:Just wanted to say Mark was really helpful with my postage issue.

Great example of an Australian company doing things well!
No worries mate. We're here to help, and if you don't tell us, we won't know.
Thankfully, you guys do! (and cheers for that!).
-website mgr Mark
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.this link is broken/contact-us

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:12 pm

Richo82 wrote:The most frustrating thing for me is when I want to support a local company that has realistic online pricing, and then the stock levels are cactus.

Tried both online and your Melbourne store, was actually surprised when the physical store had more sizes than the online!

I still don't fit into a Small or Medium, any idea on when/if further stock will be available???

http://www.this link is broken/Castelli-Fr ... gory=37911" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hi Richo82, let me get back to you after a discussion with our purchasing manager.

Thanks for your feedback.

Ride safe and have a good week (TGIF, almost)
-website mgr Mark

richbee

Postby richbee » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:32 am

Be good if CELL could maybe stock more Campagnolo compatible items, cassettes, 11s chains & KMC quick links, and Clarks cables spring to mind.
Too many times I've needed one or other of the above items along with other bits and pieces, but had to order from offshore because local online stores don't/won't stock these

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:59 pm

Hi richbee, thanks for your feedback. Campy stuff in AU can be a bit pricy, often times with wholesale prices being almost the same as Wiggle's / c r c's selling price. Stocking Campy becomes a Catch22, 'should we carry it, and have to charge more (and not sell it), or should we just not stock it, knowing that we may not sell it' (a tough situation).
-website mgr Mark

ningnangnong

Postby ningnangnong » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:48 pm

Have to say, Cell's two new Omeo models look the biz!

Very appealing.

rjk

Postby rjk » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:00 am

Hi, just a quick note for the lights section.

I want to buy a to be seen light to mount on my helmet, when looking at the website most of the rechareable lights do not show how they are mounted or have pics of the mounting systems.

This means if i want a light i have to physically see the light to figure out if i can mount it on my helmet.

Which means that i dont order from cell, i usually put all of my purchases together and that means you are losing out on other sales.
Boardman CX pro now the commuter, Salsa Casseroll, Trek Domane

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:30 pm

ningnangnong wrote:Have to say, Cell's two new Omeo models look the biz!

Very appealing.
Hi ningnangnong, thanks for the feedback. Our inhouse designer Dave Musgrove really went to great lengths to make a carbon roadie racer fast, but comfortable!
So excited to get people on them soon! Check out our Sweepstakes for a FREE one here: http://www.this link is broken/campaign/win-this-bike.html

-website mgr Mark

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:45 pm

rjk wrote:Hi, just a quick note for the lights section.

I want to buy a to be seen light to mount on my helmet, when looking at the website most of the rechareable lights do not show how they are mounted or have pics of the mounting systems.

This means if i want a light i have to physically see the light to figure out if i can mount it on my helmet.

Which means that i dont order from cell, i usually put all of my purchases together and that means you are losing out on other sales.
Hi rjk, good call mate. This is something we will look to sort out very soon. We're working on a new photo studio to get pics like these.

Thankks for your feedback mate.
-website mgr Mark

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:37 pm

CELL Bikes wrote:
ningnangnong wrote:Have to say, Cell's two new Omeo models look the biz!

Very appealing.
Hi ningnangnong, thanks for the feedback. Our inhouse designer Dave Musgrove really went to great lengths to make a carbon roadie racer fast, but comfortable!
So excited to get people on them soon! Check out our Sweepstakes for a FREE one here: http://www.this link is broken/campaign/win-this-bike.html

-website mgr Mark
Oh come on! you have a black and white colour schemed bike and you went with Omeo? Change the m to an r and you have a sale.

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:21 pm

bigfriendlyvegan wrote:Oh come on! you have a black and white colour schemed bike and you went with Omeo? Change the m to an r and you have a sale.
We wanted to go with that originally, but got a solicitor's letter. Our other choices were: Ooca-Oola, Oig Oac, OFC Oucket, and Oungry Oack.
-website mgr Mark

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:42 pm

CELL Bikes wrote:
bigfriendlyvegan wrote:Oh come on! you have a black and white colour schemed bike and you went with Omeo? Change the m to an r and you have a sale.
We wanted to go with that originally, but got a solicitor's letter. Our other choices were: Ooca-Oola, Oig Oac, OFC Oucket, and Oungry Oack.
-website mgr Mark
:lol:

So why Omeo?
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

Diamond1

Postby Diamond1 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:12 pm

I would also like to see this.
Richo82 wrote:The most frustrating thing for me is when I want to support a local company that has realistic online pricing, and then the stock levels are cactus.

Tried both online and your Melbourne store, was actually surprised when the physical store had more sizes than the online!

I still don't fit into a Small or Medium, any idea on when/if further stock will be available???

http://www.this link is broken/Castelli-Fr ... gory=37911" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I had the same experience with gloves. I was looking to buy a pair of gloves among other items and were looking at the $30/$40 dark/black pairs, only to settle on a pair to buy and find there were either none in dark colours or in a large size and encountered this a few times. I ended up buying the cheaper $10 or so Cell gloves as they were the only ones I could find that were both dark coloured and instock in a size that would fit me. So a slight loss of sale there perhaps although I guess it depends upon how much profit your shop makes per Cell brand of glove compared to reselling the other brands...

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:28 pm

ldrcycles wrote:

So why Omeo? [/quote]

Dave, the creator, designer and maker of this bike has sworn to only tell if you ask him at a bike show.
-website mgr Mark

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:41 pm

CELL Bikes wrote:
ldrcycles wrote:

So why Omeo?
Dave, the creator, designer and maker of this bike has sworn to only tell if you ask him at a bike show.
-website mgr Mark
Try this (from Wikipedia): Omeo is a town in Victoria, Australia on the Great Alpine Road, east of Mount Hotham, in the Shire of East Gippsland. At the 2006 census, Omeo had a population of 452. The name is derived from the Aboriginal word for 'mountains' or 'hills'.
Last edited by bigfriendlyvegan on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:47 pm

bigfriendlyvegan wrote:
CELL Bikes wrote:
ldrcycles wrote:

So why Omeo?
-website mgr Mark
Try this (from Wikipedia): Omeo is a town in Victoria, Australia on the Great Alpine Road, east of Mount Hotham, in the Shire of East Gippsland. At the 2006 census, Omeo had a population of 452. The name is derived from the Aboriginal word for 'mountains' or 'hills'.[/quote]

Check out the brain on bigfriendlyvegan! Nice one mate! Send me an email and I'll organise a promo code for you if you want (mark@this link is broken).
-website mgr Mark

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:51 pm

Diamond1 wrote:

I would also like to see this.

I had the same experience with gloves. I was looking to buy a pair of gloves among other items and were looking at the $30/$40 dark/black pairs, only to settle on a pair to buy and find there were either none in dark colours or in a large size and encountered this a few times. I ended up buying the cheaper $10 or so Cell gloves as they were the only ones I could find that were both dark coloured and instock in a size that would fit me. So a slight loss of sale there perhaps although I guess it depends upon how much profit your shop makes per Cell brand of glove compared to reselling the other brands...
Hi Diamond1, yeah mate, we've got to pull our fingers out. The issue is how much money we put into stock. When we get the numbers right, stuff ticks over and we can order more. When we get the numbers wrong, we have a smaller amount to put back into getting other stock that needs replenishing, but we're handicapped by already existing stock that didn't sell.

We appreciate you guys looking, and considering a purchase from us. I apologise for not having the stock, colour, sizes that you need. We will do our best to get it right and keep more of the things you want in stock. Thanks for the honest feedback Diamond1 (and everyone).
-website mgr Mark

furorsekka

Postby furorsekka » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:46 pm

jacob_T wrote:I put in a web order for a few bits and pieces via my phone yesterday,
Went through the checkout and processed, however when I got the order email I had been charged an extra $10 for shipping.

I understand that shipping is an additional cost that the buyer has to pay, and am happy to do so, but it did not show up on the order review, or checkout when I processed at all... and this shouldn't be the case.

All in all, I think Cell bikes has great service, but this is a bit strange and annoying.

Hey Mark,

With regards to this, I had the same thing occur to me, the shipping doesn't populate till you click 'checkout' and log into your account. Once you log in however it takes you to the card payments screen and ignores the shipping tab which states the shipping cost (if not qualified for free shipping).
At this stage if you go back to your cart or click on the 'shipping' tab the fee will populate however by this point the customer has already clicked through and submitted the order.

If I could suggest that you populate a standard shipping fee at the first instance, this may avoid confusion.

Warm regards,
Matt

lobstermash

Postby lobstermash » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:25 am

Just wanted to say how impressed I am with an order I put through on Friday, that was packed that day and arrived Monday. Included in that order were a couple of pair of Cell Azure bib shorts. Not only are they some of the cheapest bibs around, they are really high quality and very comfortable.

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:20 pm

furorsekka wrote:Hey Mark,

With regards to this, I had the same thing occur to me, the shipping doesn't populate till you click 'checkout' and log into your account. Once you log in however it takes you to the card payments screen and ignores the shipping tab which states the shipping cost (if not qualified for free shipping).
At this stage if you go back to your cart or click on the 'shipping' tab the fee will populate however by this point the customer has already clicked through and submitted the order.

If I could suggest that you populate a standard shipping fee at the first instance, this may avoid confusion.

Warm regards,
Matt
Hi Matt, thanks for the feedback mate. I've attentioned this to our Head of Technology and he will look into this and find a solution. We really appreciate all the feedback, as we find out how to serve all of you better, make it easier for you to order, as well as keeping you as happy as possible. We're not perfect by any means, but all of your feedback will help us get as close as possible to that.

Website mgr Mark

m@

Postby m@ » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:33 pm

G'day @CELL Bikes, just wondering whether the Melbourne store runs a demo program for Selle SMP saddles? I've noticed them through the window, but I'm rarely in Fitzroy during business hours...
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:02 pm

m@ wrote:G'day @CELL Bikes, just wondering whether the Melbourne store runs a demo program for Selle SMP saddles? I've noticed them through the window, but I'm rarely in Fitzroy during business hours...
Hi m@, let me confirm mate.

Will be in touch.

-website mgr Mark

tez001

Postby tez001 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:17 pm

Do all prices on the website reflect what is in store?

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:06 pm

Our Stanmore store usually gives online prices when the purchase/s are for $99 or more.

Our Fitzroy North store may give online prices depending on the item.

Our retail shops are run by managers who are separate from the online store.

The store allows you the opportunity to physically handle and size a product before purchase, but our retail store incurs costs that are not incurred by our online business. These include handling and display, as well as the provision of professional staff who are able to provide you with expert advice. For this reason, our retail store prices may vary than those on our online store.

tekapo

Postby tekapo » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:45 pm

CELL Bikes wrote: The store allows you the opportunity to physically handle and size a product before purchase, but our retail store incurs costs that are not incurred by our online business. These include handling and display, as well as the provision of professional staff who are able to provide you with expert advice. For this reason, our retail store prices may vary than those on our online store.
While that might be the case, no one likes to find a product online, make the trek to the store, then to find a higher price. The lest you can do is price match your online prices if someone asks for it. You then keep the online come instore shopper happy, and still be able to charge a higher price to the walk ins.

tez001

Postby tez001 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:06 pm

Thanks for the clarification. Maybe the website should indicate the online price and instore price.
Bit disappointing when you turn up and your expected to pay more after researching online what you want etc.