Cell Bikes

Redbull

Re: Cell Bikes

Postby Redbull » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:47 pm

You blokes get a mention at bike snob. Pity about the spelling :-)

http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com.au/2013 ... -love.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass

tekapo

Postby tekapo » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:29 pm

CELL Bikes wrote:
tekapo wrote:How about just free pick up in store like Reid? Doesn't have to be immediate or next day pickup, a couple of days will be good enough.
Hi tekapo, we have free pick-up for online purchases at our Sydney, Stanmore location:

http://site.this link is broken/help-centre-article?id=65

Convenient Pick-Up from Our Retail Store

Forgot to note that, I am talking about your Melbourne store. Sydney is just a tad too far.

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:02 pm

tekapo wrote:Forgot to note that, I am talking about your Melbourne store. Sydney is just a tad too far.
Hi tekapo, our Melb store has less stock and inventory so we look forward to increasing the Melbourne store range, and then offering instore pickup, just like we do at our Sydney store (and the warehouse is 2km away).

If you stop by the Melb store, please mention our 'world famous' spelling prowess to the staff (facepalm) (doh) (embarrassed). We've got to stop letting the staff's children write our sales messages (referring to observations by NYCbikeSNOB in this article).

-website mgr Mark
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.this link is broken/contact-us

leximack

Postby leximack » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:17 pm

don't know if anyone has mentioned it but I hate the new email format.
previously would get an email with select products and have prices and details etc listed on the email.
Now its just 20% of tyres, 30% of jackets etc and you have to go to the website to look at what is actually on sale. TBH i Couldn't be bothered going to the website so i don't know what specials you have and hence losing you a potential sale.
Please bring back the old format with actual products and prices on the actual email :!: :!: :!: :!:

Don

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:22 pm

Hi leximack (Don),

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, we've gotten some feedback similar to yours, however the overall response has been positive. Wiggle and a few others use this style, and we find that it works better for us for now.

We may offer a 'classic' style email when we start segmenting our newsletters for different groups and types of riders. Thank you again, for giving us your opinion, it will be noted and definitely considered for future mails. Everyone is important to us!

-website mgr Mark

leximack

Postby leximack » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:24 pm

CELL Bikes wrote:Hi leximack (Don),

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, we've gotten some feedback similar to yours, however the overall response has been positive. Wiggle and a few others use this style, and we find that it works better for us for now.

We may offer a 'classic' style email when we start segmenting our newsletters for different groups and types of riders. Thank you again, for giving us your opinion, it will be noted and definitely considered for future mails. Everyone is important to us!

-website mgr Mark
the old emails where great, ie an email pops up with GP4000s on special, great need some of those and pop in an order.
Now i don't go further than the delete button :( :(

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:41 pm

leximack wrote:
the old emails where great, ie an email pops up with GP4000s on special, great need some of those and pop in an order.
+1, definitely prefer the old emails.
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

rumble11

Postby rumble11 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:08 pm

Absolutely agree with this. A couple of days ago the email advertised a sale on Gopro cameras. I clicked the ad. No Gopros could be found anywhere. This irritated me enough to type this post.

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:37 pm

rumble11 wrote:
Absolutely agree with this. A couple of days ago the email advertised a sale on Gopro cameras. I clicked the ad. No Gopros could be found anywhere. This irritated me enough to type this post.
Hi rumble11,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We have newsletters on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The GoPros were on this past Monday's newsletter and featured the GoPro Hero 3 Black and Silver editions for $379 and $299. After a new newsletter comes out, the previous items in our '48hr Special' section gets changed to the new specials.

Apologies for any frustration caused. Your feedback helps us to see how we can improve and make it better.

If you are still interested in a GoPro, please let me know (mark@this link is broken).

Cheers,
-website mgr Mark

thomashouseman

Postby thomashouseman » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:54 am

ldrcycles wrote:
leximack wrote:
+2

philip

Postby philip » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:55 am

thomashouseman wrote:
ldrcycles wrote:
leximack wrote:the old emails where great, ie an email pops up with GP4000s on special, great need some of those and pop in an order.
+2
+3

sblack

Postby sblack » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:32 am

You can ad me to the list of those more likely to purchase from your old style of email as well Mark, seeing an item I need (or want) rather than a generic category listing is far more likely to get me clicking on the link.

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:36 pm

Thanks for your feedback everyone regarding the email/newsletter style. This kind of feedback is the exact reason why I am here.

This will be brought up at our Monday Mgr Meeting.

Ride safe and have a great weekend everyone!
-website mgr Mark

15wilsonwu

Postby 15wilsonwu » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:15 pm

Hi Cell Bikes, do you know what's the difference between the normal BMC jerseys and the Custom BMC jerseys on the website?

Thanks in advance.
2015 BMC TimeMachine TMR02
- Ultegra 6800
- Shimano RS31

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:27 pm

15wilsonwu wrote:Hi Cell Bikes, do you know what's the difference between the normal BMC jerseys and the Custom BMC jerseys on the website?

Thanks in advance.
Hi 15wilsonwu,

Will let you know as soon as I'm back in the office on Monday.

Ride safe and have a great weekend mate.
-website mgr Mark

Ross

Postby Ross » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:32 pm

Respect to Mark from Cell Bikes for replying to questions on the forum at 10:27pm on a Saturday night!

fil_farina

Postby fil_farina » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:04 pm

Well I must say a massive thank you to Mark and the team at Cell.

Just purchased my first roadie and on a very limited budget, Mark was more than happy to help.
The origInal bike I was after wasn't available in my size, but a quick compromise later (and some freebies) and all was sorted.
I would have sent in excess of 15 emails to Mark and every single one was answered very quickly.
Service and delivery was exceptional to regional SA as well, which is very handy.

I've no issues at all recommending these guys and more businesses could learn a thing or two from Cell in regards to customer service and communication.

A big double thumbs up and I look forward to dealing from you guys long into the future!

Muchly appreciated

Fil

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

15wilsonwu

Postby 15wilsonwu » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:58 pm

Ross wrote:Respect to Mark from Cell Bikes for replying to questions on the forum at 10:27pm on a Saturday night!
True that!
2015 BMC TimeMachine TMR02
- Ultegra 6800
- Shimano RS31

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:32 am

Ross wrote:Respect to Mark from Cell Bikes for replying to questions on the forum at 10:27pm on a Saturday night!
Hi Ross,

The best and worst thing about smartphones, and tablets, and connectivity is that you can always be 'plugged-in'. I love bikes, bike products, talking about bikes, and of course helping others with bike questions or whatever they need.

It's my pleasure to help out as much as possible, because without you guys, I wouldn't have a job! So when you love what you do, it's never really work!
-website mgr Mark

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:35 am

fil_farina wrote: A big double thumbs up and I look forward to dealing from you guys long into the future!
Muchly appreciated
Fil
Hi Fil,

I didn't realise it was that many emails (I never keep count, haha). I will get back to you with your pedal question when I'm back in the office. I just need to double-check what we have (inventory numbers in the computer vs what is really on the shelf can be different.

-website mgr Mark

BastardSheep

Postby BastardSheep » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:31 am

Hey guys, you used to stock the Topeak MTX trunkbag DXP. I know because I had it on my wishlist which I use for things to buy down the track but don't _need_ now. I'm getting close to wanting to buy it, but I see you don't stock it anymore. Is it getting replaced? The Topeak trunkbags you still list are all too small for what I want, and I'd like something that slides/clips into my topeak gear rack so I don't have to bother with straps & loose strap ends etc.
n=1 | 2006 Learsport TR3240 Hardtail

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:37 am

Hi BastardSheep,

We've got a new Purchasing Manager now, so stock, product availability, and range should be much much much better. Would you mind sending me an email (mark@this link is broken) and I can contact you personally regarding this.

Thanks again to everyone who has posted their thoughts and constructive feedback on how we can improve our service to you.
-website mgr Mark

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:41 am

How'd that sales meeting go?

Just for the record, I basically delete the Wiggle emails, they are only useful for the sale codes - far too generic for my needs. I already know that the Campy clothing is 70% off, you told me last week. You can never know what your customer needs at the time, but something more specific would be helpful.

BastardSheep

Postby BastardSheep » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:13 pm

Wow, all the other bits and pieces I ordered this morning just before making the above post just arrived. I believe that's a new purchase speed record!
n=1 | 2006 Learsport TR3240 Hardtail

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:22 pm

I once went to an Online Shopping conference, and one retailer claimed they delivered an order within 10-minutes, as the customer lived just near the warehouse....as we are based in Leichhardt, I personally will commit myself to breaking that record if possible!

We are also striving for a Metro Sydney delivery time of 2hrs if possible down the line.

Thanks for considering us, and choosing us for your needs! (I will get back to you regarding the Topeak MTX-DXP, still waiting for word from the supplier)
We try to move as fast as possible, however when our communications chain requires outsider information, it can be really frustrating, as we want to tell you as fast as you want to know!

-website mgr Mark