Oh man, May is so far away!
ningnangnong

by BNA » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:25 am

BNA

Re: Cell Bikes

Postby warthog1 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:25 am

CELL Bikes wrote:
DuncanS wrote:Mark,

Mark, do you have a reference for the improved performance claims for the gp4000s ver. ii on the website description?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Those were given to us by an Australian Continental representative. I'll ask him for his sources and put those on wiki-style.
(we just didn't make those up, haha)

-website mgr Mark

From your website:
Like it's predecessor the GP4000 S, Continental's Grand Prix 4000 S II Clincher Tyre continues to use Black Chili, but now has Vectran technology to dial up the puncture protection to Thor + Superman + Iron Man levels.

It reads like the original GP4000S doesn't have a vectran puncture protection belt, which it does :?
warthog1

Postby DuncanS » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:08 pm

Yep all indications are that it's the improvement from gp4000 to gp4000s, not incremental improvement for v.2

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
DuncanS

Postby CELL Bikes » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:13 pm

ningnangnong wrote:Oh man, May is so far away!

Tell me about it mate. I've got my name on one of those and have been frothing since last year.
The SRAM recall is a wet blanket on our eagerly awaiting expectations. A lot of staff have already reserved some for their own use (including myself).

We will keep squeezing for a earlier fulfillment, but May is the safe delivery ETA. Nothing worse than telling you guys the 'optimistic' ETA, then having to tell you "2 more weeks", "next week", etc.

-website mgr Mark
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.cellbikes.com.au/contact-us
CELL Bikes

Postby billy70 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:19 pm

Thanks for the update Mark - your honesty is much appreciated.

Major bummer though ...
billy70

Postby CELL Bikes » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:27 pm

billy70 wrote:Thanks for the update Mark - your honesty is much appreciated.

Major bummer though ...

Yeah billy70, honesty is the best policy. And yeah, although 'Major Bummer' is my least favourite person in the Online Sales Military, he's much better than 'General(ly) Screwed Over', haha...sorry, I'm the only person laughing at that.

-website mgr Mark
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.cellbikes.com.au/contact-us
CELL Bikes

Postby jasonc » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:08 pm

CELL Bikes wrote:haha...sorry, I'm the only person laughing at that.

nice HIMYM reference
jasonc

Postby ldrcycles » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:58 pm

jasonc wrote:
CELL Bikes wrote:haha...sorry, I'm the only person laughing at that.

nice HIMYM reference

+1, good to know i'm not the only one who saluted when I read that :lol: .
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.
ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:18 am

Any word on when you will have the Cell knicks in stock again? I could do with a new pair..... :)

When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.
ldrcycles

Postby WarbyD » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:23 am

Received my 3 pairs of the cell bibs yesterday.. Wore one of them this morning (36.5km). For $14.95/ea, I'm happy! :)
WarbyD

Postby JBark » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:19 pm

WarbyD wrote:Received my 3 pairs of the cell bibs yesterday.. Wore one of them this morning (36.5km). For $14.95/ea, I'm happy! :)

Are those the super weird coloured ones with the blue section in the middle? I've thought about picking some up, but just can't get past the oddness of the colours. :)

Now if they restocked the old regular white/black bib knicks and the generic yellow/blue/red jerseys they had a couple years back, I'd buy a stack of each for my commuting.

I can't find a picture of the knicks, but this is what the jersey's look like. Just nice and simple, perfect for commuting.
JBark

Postby WarbyD » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:31 pm

Maybe? Lol the colours don't seem odd to me.. Just black/blue..

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
WarbyD

Postby cancan64 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:34 pm

I dont mind the colours either...at $15 they go with everything
cancan64

Postby ploz » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:02 pm

+1 for the colour. I grabbed a couple, and it's amazing how the size of the bargain makes the design more appealing ...
ploz

Postby squeakywheel » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:07 am

JBark wrote:
WarbyD wrote:Now if they restocked the old regular white/black bib knicks and the generic yellow/blue/red jerseys they had a couple years back, I'd buy a stack of each for my commuting.

I can't find a picture of the knicks, but this is what the jersey's look like. Just nice and simple, perfect for commuting.

I liked those jerseys too. Simple and cheap. I wish they'd get them in again.
squeakywheel

Postby michael_w » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:55 am

Free shipping on everything at Cell at the moment
michael_w

Postby ldrcycles » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:24 pm

michael_w wrote:Free shipping on everything at Cell at the moment

No good with no stock of either the knicks or bibs in my size :( . At least I know the knicks are worth waiting for :) .
ldrcycles

Postby Grgic » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:34 pm

Are you getting any more of these in?
Continental Grand Prix GP 4000s Chilli Compound Folding Tyre
If so will they be available at the reduced price?
Grgic

Postby biker jk » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:16 am

I received an email from Cell informing that my order is on its way. There's mention of another email to be sent with the tracking number. From recollection I have NEVER been sent an email with a tracking number before. Or the item usually is delivered before the email is sent out. What's everyone's experience with this?
biker jk

Postby minhyy » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:36 pm

biker jk wrote:I received an email from Cell informing that my order is on its way. There's mention of another email to be sent with the tracking number. From recollection I have NEVER been sent an email with a tracking number before. Or the item usually is delivered before the email is sent out. What's everyone's experience with this?

I made two separate orders from Cell over the weekend - both orders came with an email like yours saying a follow up would be sent with a tracking number. However, only the first order received a second email with a tracking number and references to Couriers Please.

In regards to these two orders, it was my first time ordering from Cell, and the items arrived yesterday and this morning without any hassle. Danke vielmals Cell Bikes
Party like it's 1999
minhyy

Postby Boognoss » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:14 pm

biker jk wrote:I received an email from Cell informing that my order is on its way. There's mention of another email to be sent with the tracking number. From recollection I have NEVER been sent an email with a tracking number before. Or the item usually is delivered before the email is sent out. What's everyone's experience with this?

Same here. I've received the email from Couriers Please the day after a delivery. The delivery itself was the day after my order was placed so at least they have the right part of their business working. :wink:
2011ish Avanti Quantum (DIY), 2010 Specialized Tricross, 2010 Salsa Casseroll

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby biker jk » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:56 am

Boognoss wrote:

Same here. I've received the email from Couriers Please the day after a delivery. The delivery itself was the day after my order was placed so at least they have the right part of their business working. :wink:

My order was placed on Monday, email saying that item was on its way and that a follow up email with tracking number would be sent was received yesterday morning, delivery this morning with no tracking number email sent. I agree that delivery is speedy, prices were good and free delivery was great. However, the problem with not sending out the tracking number remains. Indeed, several years ago, I emailed Cell about this issue and had no response. There clearly is an IT issue here which needs to be addressed. Otherwise, Cell shouldn't suggest that an email with a tracking number will be sent (at least before delivery).
biker jk

Postby troyww » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:31 pm

squeakywheel wrote:
JBark wrote:
WarbyD wrote:Now if they restocked the old regular white/black bib knicks and the generic yellow/blue/red jerseys they had a couple years back, I'd buy a stack of each for my commuting.

I liked those jerseys too. Simple and cheap. I wish they'd get them in again.

Also a fan . great for when it's hot .
Got 2 years out of my cell bibs and their getting a bit see through . Would of happily purchased another pair but my wife tells me I can't pull off the azure blue .
troyww

Postby i-cycle » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:42 pm

Upfront disclaimer - not a customer but I tried to be. This happened about a month ago, but only just found this link.

I called the website line to ask about the Akuna road bike (there are two slightly different versions, so had some questions). Website line rang out/ no answer so I called the Stanmore store line. Once they figured out I wasn't in Sydney and I was looking for delivery, they said the "online store was different, so call them". I said the line rang out but the salesman didn't really seem to care. He basically said there is no point if you're in Brisbane to buy a bike from Cell as a) they can't do a fitting and b) there is no free "first service".

Anyways, long story short, seeing the lack of care, I ended up getting a bike from the LBS a week ago....now to change the crank but that's another different story....
i-cycle

Postby i-cycle » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:51 pm

Have to say though....maybe that is a definition of good service...being realistic about what you can deliver and steering the customer away if you can't deliver it.
i-cycle

PreviousNext

Return to Buying a bike / parts