Shoe fit

ryan

Shoe fit

Postby ryan » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:33 pm

Hi everyone

I've recently made the move from clips and straps to a clipless set-up running Time ATAC pedals and shimano m160 shoes. I love the feeling of riding clipless but am a little concerned about the fit of my shoe.

It's probably a matter of personal preference but they do feel a bit big. When walking my heel does slide out of the shoe and on the bike I feel like my foot pulls up of the sole, especially when climbing. Is this normal? They seemed to fit well in the lbs but I think they have given quite a bit.

Would be interested in any advice / thoughts on how a shoe should fit. I'm considerig reselling and getting a new pair. I have put an innersole in but didn't really help. I've also tried doing the straps up really tight but get circulation problems before fixing problem.

Cheers
Ryan

Supe

Re: Shoe fit

Postby Supe » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:51 pm

ryan wrote:
It's probably a matter of personal preference but they do feel a bit big. When walking my heel does slide out of the shoe and on the bike I feel like my foot pulls up of the sole, especially when climbing. Is this normal?
They are too big, especially if your heel is pulling out when you are walking,

kibnedyo

Postby kibnedyo » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:57 pm

It sounds like they could be too big, but the obvious question is are you tyiing/strapping yourself in snugly? Try strapping in a little tighter before rushing out for new shoes. What have you got to lose with this experiment?

If you do go a new shoe, prefer three straps to two. This way you will get a better adjustment accross the top of the foot, keeping the foot firmly in the shoe without "ankle raise".

Wayfarer

Postby Wayfarer » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:21 pm

maybe try a thicker sole insert.
What are these salesmen peddling?

ryan

Postby ryan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:15 pm

Thanks for the comments.

Had a chat with two bike shops today; the one I purchased from and one other. The one I purchased from said they were a good fit, and any smaller my toes would hit the end of the shoe when riding. The other said that they did look to big and that it was a correct fit when the toes hit the end :shock:

I've got a northwave inner sole in at the moment but might try something thicker if pulling the straps even tighter doesn't help.

Cheers
Ryan

tipsy.mcstagger

Postby tipsy.mcstagger » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:41 pm

ryan wrote:Thanks for the comments.

Had a chat with two bike shops today; the one I purchased from and one other. The one I purchased from said they were a good fit, and any smaller my toes would hit the end of the shoe when riding. The other said that they did look to big and that it was a correct fit when the toes hit the end :shock:

I've got a northwave inner sole in at the moment but might try something thicker if pulling the straps even tighter doesn't help.

Cheers
Ryan
Smells a bit funny that one from the shop you purchased them from mate. It sounds to me that they are too big.