arm warmers and leg warmers

Nedlam

arm warmers and leg warmers

Postby Nedlam » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:43 pm

I do hope clothing is listed as parts?
Well as a am new here i have had a look around and cant find exactly what i am looking for so i thought i'd post it instead.

I had been a keen cyclist a whikle back but then i had a few opps and then left the saddle for a few years, a few too long. I do miss the saddle and the fitness.
I seam to find it hard, to get back into it. Thought its starting to warm up (adelaide) i am still looking to see what the best option on warmers for arms, legs and hands as i want to get back on the bike, and the only time i can is usually early. This means the weather will be fresh (cold) and i need to keep warm. Also is there any jackets that are ideal.

Also any tips on returning to the saddle and how to build up the enduance as i would also like to do the 2010 TDU challenge. I would be interested in the 101km but at this stage i think its going to be the 35kms? inbetween would be the ideal distance.

thanks and any help would be great.
Dean

provoked

Re: arm warmers and leg warmers

Postby provoked » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:58 am

Nedlam wrote:i am still looking to see what the best option on warmers for arms, legs and hands as i want to get back on the bike, and the only time i can is usually early. This means the weather will be fresh (cold) and i need to keep warm. Also is there any jackets that are ideal.

I have a pair of leg warmers made by netti and arm warmers from Kathmandu (when they had a sale). I'd say the warmers are just that, shouldn't be drastic differences between any two, although I'm guessing many here will tell you to spend too much on them :roll: I have a rain jacket and a gillet. I had the rain jacket before the gillet, and now that I have the gillet I never use the jacket unless it's wet (it's waterproof). So I'd say go find a nice gillet (got mine from Aldis a couple weeks back, superb buy!). Gillets generally help cut the wind which is the killer on those cold mornings.

Nedlam wrote:Also any tips on returning to the saddle and how to build up the enduance as i would also like to do the 2010 TDU challenge. I would be interested in the 101km but at this stage i think its going to be the 35kms? inbetween would be the ideal distance.

Ride, ride, ride and enjoy it. The distances will come as long as you enjoy getting out there.

Have fun out there!
Giant TCR Alliance 2 '09

The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make heaven of Hell, and a hell of Heaven. - John Milton

sogood

Re: arm warmers and leg warmers

Postby sogood » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:33 am

The key thing I learnt with arm warmers is that one should always opt for a smaller size. A tight and smooth fitting arm warmer beats a loose and sagging one any day. Otherwise there are minor differences in the material thickness across the brands.
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.