Tyres

Munster

Tyres

Postby Munster » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:28 pm

I currently have michelin Lithion.2 on my ride and have had 2 punctures in my first 400km, i was thinking of moving to a Rubino Pro, is this a wise choice, which is a more durable tyre.
2010 Giant TCR Advanced
2010 GT Avalanche 2.0

ni78ck

Re: Tyres

Postby ni78ck » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:51 pm

i use hutchison fusion 2 kevlar, no punctures in 3000km yet :shock:
Cervelo R5
Cervelo S5 VWD - dura ace Di2

familyguy

Postby familyguy » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:47 pm

You'll find a few votes for Rubino/Rubino Pro on here. I've used them, fairly hard wearing. Just junked one of a pair after 2500 cause of glass, but otherwise the other one is still in good condition. Vittoria Zaffiro's are a reasonably tough tyre as well. They're not really racing tyres, but good all-rounders.

I've just started using Maxxis Re-Fuse. Supposed to be a very tough tyre. Came through Sydney Gong with barely a scratch.

Jim

m@

Postby m@ » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:50 pm

<insert obligatory reference to Conti GP4000Ss here>
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe

bongo

Postby bongo » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:13 pm

Will back up claims on the zaffiro and rubino,more grip from the rubino,but no punctures from either.

jacks1071

Postby jacks1071 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:10 am

Munster wrote:I currently have michelin Lithion.2 on my ride and have had 2 punctures in my first 400km, i was thinking of moving to a Rubino Pro, is this a wise choice, which is a more durable tyre.
Get Vittoria Zaffiro's with a wire bead if you can find them - they are brilliant. Grip isn't the best in the wet so you must be a little careful but they don't puncture easily, they roll alright, they are super durable and cheap as chips.

I wish everyone I rode with used them so we wouldn't be stopping for punctures (that being said I have converted most of my group).
Our Website is: http://www.kotavelo.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Find us on Facebook by searching for "Kotavelo"

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:15 pm

jacks1071 wrote:
Munster wrote:I currently have michelin Lithion.2 on my ride and have had 2 punctures in my first 400km, i was thinking of moving to a Rubino Pro, is this a wise choice, which is a more durable tyre.
Get Vittoria Zaffiro's with a wire bead if you can find them - they are brilliant. Grip isn't the best in the wet so you must be a little careful but they don't puncture easily, they roll alright, they are super durable and cheap as chips.

I wish everyone I rode with used them so we wouldn't be stopping for punctures (that being said I have converted most of my group).
Yeah, my Zaffiros went well till worn out. Then I found Maxxis ReFuse. Mich' tyres are all soft from what I've seen. ProRace 2 and 3.

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

jaykay

Postby jaykay » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:22 pm

People must be sick of my Vittoria Rubino Pro love posts - but hey they rock! If you want a reasonably fast tyre, excellent puncture resistance and decent price the Rubino is a great choice.
They will be slower than your current tyres but the way I see it is if you are riding to work, say 20kms the time difference to get there and effort required (due to rolling resistance) would be pretty small but having to stop and change a tube would be 5/10mins (for me at least) so they are worth it for a day to day tyre. Maybe a abstract example but it is convincing enough for me . :D
"If you get rich off this stuff, just take care of my family. I don't want my kids to have to go to college."
GT Sport