Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Questions about purchasing bicycles and parts

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:40 pm

rheicel wrote:My latest order from Cellbikes is not so good. I ordered some bits and pieces that are on stock on their website. After 2 days, I have not heard from them. I left a message on their online chat. Daniel came back to me in email saying that the delay is because one of the item is not in stock. Why do I have to chase them? Can't they update me on what is going on? This way I can decide to cancel our go ahead with a substitute items.

Hi rheicel, apologies for your experience this time around. Yes, we need to do better! We're working on a way to notify customers of any delays, so you can decide if you want to cancel or wait. We're lucky to have Daniel because he's all we got and on a good day, he's taking care of quite a few cases. If any of you have an issue, please feel free to contact me ( [email protected] ) or Daniel ( [email protected] ). We're always happy to help, and I try my best to answer questions if I am up at night, even on the weekend.

Thanks for your feedback rheicel, it will help us action a better solution.

Ride safe and have a good week mate.
-website mgr Mark
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.cellbikes.com.au/contact-us
CELL Bikes

by BNA » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:46 pm

BNA

Postby rodneycc » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:46 pm

How good is it to have this guy on the forum! Really you can't go past customer service like this offering his personal email address to contact him day or night that I see regularly. And just like the ProLite guy, their contributions here and their respect for the rules is outstanding in my opinion. And to the guy with the thread on "Q & A Challenge 01 - Building a Better Bike Shop" take a leaf out of these guys book and be a contributor to this great forum, (and offer the odd great special!). I personally think all LBS's over Australia should have an active interest in the BNA forum for the better good of cycling. (He says as he steps down from his soapbox!)
--
2012 Giant Defy Composite 1
2013 Giant Talon 0 29er
2013 Flight Podium 1
2013/14 Bianchi Infinito CV
rodneycc

Postby rheicel » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:24 pm

^^Well said Rodney. We will all have problems in buying online and directly to any lbs. But the unmatched customer care that help you sort out the issue is what will make you come back and buy from them again in the future.
On the other side, we need to make sure these guys are aware of the issues as these will make them better. (only if they are willing to take challenge though)
rheicel

Postby Big_Red » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:13 pm

Latest order of some SPD mtb shoes & out front SRAM mount for my gamin 500 from Wiggle (free shipping option) at 9.20pm on 6 Nov, received email saying order processed at 1.20am 7 Nov, arrived at work 8.30am today (14 Nov) to find parcel on desk. Sweet. Looks like parcel dispatched from Vic warehouse.

Also ducked into Goldcross yesterday on the way home from work for their "non-online" special of a pair of Maxxis Refuse tyres for $40 at 5.20pm just before they closed and scored the last pair in the shop. Just what the doctor ordered as my rear tyre had worn down to the liner during a 127km ride i did Saturday which included 40km on North Stradbroke Island. Only 1 puncture on these tyres in 3500km of commuting, so worthy of buying again.
Big_Red

Postby ningnangnong » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:11 am

Ordered a cassette and chain from PBK last night, promptly dispatched two hours later.
ningnangnong

Postby Marto » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:30 am

Ordered some parts from Bikebug at 1pm yesterday. (Selle SMP Dynamic Saddle ($219), Elite Iceberg Thermal Bottle, ABUS U-Bolt lock, Saris Bones 3 Car Rack).

Dispatched 5:30pm yesterday, out for delivery from Brisbane depot 7am today.

They consistently dispatch orders the next business day, and have good prices for most items. That is the sort of service that is competitive with Wiggle/Ribble/CRC etc.
Marto

Postby jules21 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:37 am

purchased spokes from www.moruyabicycles.com.au . dispatched very quickly and received in a couple of days (interstate). they have a fantastic stock of all the fiddly spares (spokes, bearings, etc.) that the big boys tend not to carry. they were very quick to respond to my email query and were on the money. these guys are A1 in my book - 2nd time i've used them.
jules21

Postby tekapo » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:46 pm

Ordered from Wiggle on Thursday AEDT. Order was shipped Thursday GMT. Received Monday. Was not impressed with the packaging at all. The box was a sheet of card board folded up with the corner/edges left unsealed. When I got it one of the edges was wide enough to put a hand through, two others were visibility split open. Luckily nothing was missing, although one of the smaller parts could have come out of that gaping hole. I don't mind them not using proper boxes, but at least seal all the edges etc. Also no padding/air bags etc, perhaps I am just too used to Amazon's packaging. Btw the box was only 30cm by 20cm by 20cm.
tekapo

Postby HAKS » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:04 pm

jules21 wrote:purchased spokes from http://www.moruyabicycles.com.au . dispatched very quickly and received in a couple of days (interstate). they have a fantastic stock of all the fiddly spares (spokes, bearings, etc.) that the big boys tend not to carry. they were very quick to respond to my email query and were on the money. these guys are A1 in my book - 2nd time i've used them.

I've also used them for some fiddly little hard to find parts. Always get good service :)
Current Ride: Trek Madone 6.5 (2013)
HAKS

Postby thejester » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:50 pm

Was going to buy Fulcrum 5 from wiggle (AT) $249 with free delivery. Decided to do the right thing and go domestic to Torpedo7 even though they were (AT) $279 delivered. Instead bought Fulcrum Quattros (AT) $299 delivered. THREE days later item despatched!! Expect in 6days maybe less!!
In the mean time T7 sent me an email advertising a further 10% off. I just thought "damn should have held off. Oh well, they will be here 3-4days."
Can't believe in this day and age when retailers are crying about foreign purchases that they can't even achieve a 24hr despatch target.
I was so angry I fired off a narky email and then rang to complain a few hrs later. All I really wanted was the wheels delivered ASAP so I could ride thedamn things. Not much T7 could do after the fact, they are however refunding me 10% so I at least get the better price if I had waited to order.
Full credit that they picked up the phone within 3 rings, let me vent, gave an explanation not an excuse and offered up the 10% refund straight away.
So while very angry at 3 day despatch happy with their customer service.
Trek Madone 3.1
Giant CRX4 - Black Ghost
Shogun Trailbreaker3
I need a dualie
thejester

Postby tekapo » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:17 pm

thejester wrote:Was going to buy Fulcrum 5 from wiggle (AT) $249 with free delivery. Decided to do the right thing and go domestic to Torpedo7 even though they were (AT) $279 delivered.

T7 is Kiwi, although some may consider them to be the seventh state. But customs will still slug you if its over 1k.
tekapo

Postby thejester » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:44 am

Day 4 and tracking number shows goods have not yet reached the "in transit" stage.
T7 are really annoying me.
Won't say I will never use them again, but they are dropping down the list.
Trek Madone 3.1
Giant CRX4 - Black Ghost
Shogun Trailbreaker3
I need a dualie
thejester

Postby tekapo » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:53 am

thejester wrote:Day 4 and tracking number shows goods have not yet reached the "in transit" stage.
T7 are really annoying me.
Won't say I will never use them again, but they are dropping down the list.

I ordered from there last Thursday. Seems to be shipping from an Australian warehouse as an eparcel tracking was provided. Shows initiated on Friday. Shows "Delivered" on Wednesday (Delivered to my PO box but haven't picked it up yet). No Transit stage.
tekapo

Postby tekapo » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:01 pm

tekapo wrote: I ordered from there last Thursday. Seems to be shipping from an Australian warehouse as an eparcel tracking was provided. Shows initiated on Friday. Shows "Delivered" on Wednesday (Delivered to my PO box but haven't picked it up yet). No Transit stage.

Ok, Its shipped from NZ. But its directly via Auspost eparcel. I guess T7 uses some sort of bulk carrier to deliver to Auspost which then forwards it on. Which is probably why there isn't really a transit stage.
tekapo

Probikekit. Bad business integretory

Postby wontac » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:05 pm

Hi,
I'd just like to give a big THUMBS DOWN to probike kit. Mostly they've been good in years gone by but the last 3 orders they've stuffed up. They say it isn't about the mistake it's how you correct it that's the test. If that is so then they deserve a double thumbs down from me. Last time I ordered bib shorts and got confirmation of bib shorts. They sent me non bib shorts. I contacted them, filled in all their papaerwork and sent them back at my expense. They then sent me non bib shorts again and here's the cheeky bit.... they changed my order so it looked like I ordered the non bib shorts (at the bib shorts price) and again gave me a really bureaucratic and evasive response. I sent it back again and now they've said that they will refund some of the money that I've spent with them..... for their mistake..... on a product that they're still advertising. They said they'd refund me one of the postage too but I'm yet to see that even though I informed them of that close to a month ago. I'm stagered at their lack of morals and it seems I don't have a lot of leverage as they have my money and now they have the goods. Does anyone out there have any experience dealing with English consumer affairs?

So if you are looking for someone you could try [email protected] even though you'd be lucky to get a response. If you are reading this Marc... it would be the decent thing to do to at least contact me and try and resolve the issue.
wontac

Postby thejester » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:19 pm

Day 7 goods are finally showing "in transit" (AT) 4.28pm.
This better mean they arrive on day 8.
Trek Madone 3.1
Giant CRX4 - Black Ghost
Shogun Trailbreaker3
I need a dualie
thejester

Postby biker jk » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:10 pm

Exemplary Wiggle service continues. Ordered Thursday night and received Monday morning (with free DHL tracking). Also provided 17% discount off list price to Platinum members.
biker jk

Postby jasonc » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:42 pm

biker jk wrote:Exemplary Wiggle service continues. Ordered Thursday night and received Monday morning (with free DHL tracking). Also provided 17% discount off list price to Platinum members.

exactly the same for me.
jasonc

Postby Tassiecelt » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:04 pm

One online shop I will avoid from now on is thebicycleshop.com

I lost a lot of money dealing with these guys a series of purchases and returns simply because they neither listened to my requests nor fully understood the products they were selling.

I ask for a handlebar bag that would take an iPad, they sent one that was way too small. I asked for a trunk bag that would fit a 100mm wide rack, they sent one that needed a wider rack.

Not only did I loose money, but when I demanded a statement to show how they figured the money they had kept back they didn't reply.

Sent from my iPad
Tassiecelt

Postby thejester » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:25 pm

Yey!!
Day 8 they have arrived and while not yet sheathed they look smoking hot on the MadOne.
All is forgiven T7. Thanks for my lovely wheels at a fantastic price.
Trek Madone 3.1
Giant CRX4 - Black Ghost
Shogun Trailbreaker3
I need a dualie
thejester

Postby jasonc » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:23 am

got my road ID in the delivery window. Product as expected. :)
jasonc

Postby slidetaker » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:18 pm

Typical bike stuff order to CRC last Wednesday afternoon, free shipping via Royal Mail, got it yesterday afternoon.

8 days, metro Melbourne. Happy customer.
slidetaker

Postby dominicj » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:32 am

Ordered some gloves from Knog which arrived as expected next day (paid for express delivery). Unfortunately they were the wrong size so emailed off the their team who advised to ship them back for replacement. Expected a week or so turnaround to get mine back to them after I shipped them back the next day but when I got home I found the replacements had been shipped express from Melbourne the previous day (shortly after my email). Far exceeded my expectations, even for a boutique brand (aka. $45 gloves).

Super happy with their customer service and would not hesitate to use them again or recommend.
dominicj

Postby theOracle » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:19 am

Like most other people have mentioned, delivery of purchased goods from Wiggle is very quick indeed. Have brought stuff off dodgy eBay dealers and waited months for the damn things.
theOracle

Postby fil_farina » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:30 am

Wiggle continue to impress. Ordered Friday 20th, arrived today (24th) to regional SA. Incredible for this time of year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fil_farina

PreviousNext

Return to Buying a bike / parts