Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

User avatar
Ross
Posts: 5354
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:53 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Ross » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:40 pm

Just under US$300 for the pair. Up there, yes, but super quick transit time (not that I was in a big hurry but fast is good).

bianchi928
Posts: 652
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:17 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby bianchi928 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:59 am

Purchased a Garmin 520 for my wife from Slane Cycles.

Saved $60 and delivery was 7 days from order.

I will use them again.
Stand on my dog I cut off your head

User avatar
MichaelB
Posts: 9167
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:29 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby MichaelB » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:34 pm

bianchi928 wrote:Purchased a Garmin 520 for my wife from Slane Cycles.

Saved $60 and delivery was 7 days from order.

I will use them again.


What was the landed cost ?

bianchi928
Posts: 652
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:17 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby bianchi928 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:12 pm

MichaelB wrote:
bianchi928 wrote:Purchased a Garmin 520 for my wife from Slane Cycles.

Saved $60 and delivery was 7 days from order.

I will use them again.


What was the landed cost ?


$290 landed.

Only saved $40 over the Pushys price but more than that at others (I went on an average) .
Stand on my dog I cut off your head

User avatar
hamishm
Posts: 584
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby hamishm » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:25 pm

I would've paid $40 for the Aus warranty personally.

bianchi928
Posts: 652
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:17 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby bianchi928 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:29 pm

hamishm wrote:I would've paid $40 for the Aus warranty personally.


You make a good point but my experience with Garmin wasn’t enough to justify the extra. Anyway, this post is about online experience, which I had a good one from Slane if anyone was considering using them.

Cheers
Stand on my dog I cut off your head

Chopper
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:34 am
Location: Sutherland Shire

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Chopper » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:33 pm

Ordered a Kyrptonite lock online from Cell around Tuesday lunchtime and it arrived early Wednesday morning! No charge for delivery either.

Will most def use again
Giant Defy
Cannondale Quick 4

fat and old
Posts: 3606
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:06 pm
Location: Mill Park

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby fat and old » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:55 pm

Wiggle: couple k of bits and peices, my biggest yet. Order Thursday 16/11, deliver Sunday 19/11. Sounds great aye? Except they left it at the door. I was 150km away, and had no idea until I checked the tracking. Was still there Monday am :D DHL fwiw.

Rapha: Over the counter job, Melb. store. Had a gift voucher and cannot use online (store bought....so remember kiddies!). Unfortunately I forgot the voucher, so paid in cash and gave my wife the card in lieu. Not being a cyclist herself I guess I'll get it back eventually. 8) :lol: 3 weeks from order to deliver. Keep that in mind folks, as it's not unusual. Realities of stock limits and fatso sizing....

thatmdee
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:54 am
Location: Newcastle

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby thatmdee » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:01 pm

I have to say, I was disappointed with my last Rapha experience. Ordered a pair of loopback trousers, and after only a couple of weeks, the seam split a little below the zipper. It was a bit of messing around to return (the address was different to the return label they provide.. I begrudgingly paid for an express post parcel). The item was returned 'repaired'. After about 5 days of wear, the same seam split again, this time slightly lower.

I've returned the pants two weeks ago now for an exchange, but no update. I requested an update a week ago and received a reply about a high volume of returns -- but nothing else.

I've since seen a couple of reviews on the Rapha site complain about the seam splitting. So, I'm left wondering why they insufficiently repaired the pants probably knowing it's an existing fault, hence causing more work (further returns) when they could have repaired the entire seam to ensure no further failures. In addition, the service is extremely slow and customer service has been poor. For a brand that is supposed to be 'premium'..

It's been a few months now, and I feel stupid for spending $195 on a pair of pants.

User avatar
redsonic
Posts: 1076
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:08 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby redsonic » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:49 pm

Very happy with my latest purchase from Sigma Sport. I was chasing some Pacenti Forza rims, and the US shops killed the deal with postage prices. Only $16 to ship with DHL express from Sigma Sport, with tracking and delivery in 5 working days. One of the rims was not in stock, but this was clear on the website, and it only took a couple of days for them to ship the order.

li2099
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:25 am

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby li2099 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:20 pm

thatmdee wrote:I have to say, I was disappointed with my last Rapha experience. Ordered a pair of loopback trousers, and after only a couple of weeks, the seam split a little below the zipper. It was a bit of messing around to return (the address was different to the return label they provide.. I begrudgingly paid for an express post parcel). The item was returned 'repaired'. After about 5 days of wear, the same seam split again, this time slightly lower.

I've returned the pants two weeks ago now for an exchange, but no update. I requested an update a week ago and received a reply about a high volume of returns -- but nothing else.

I've since seen a couple of reviews on the Rapha site complain about the seam splitting. So, I'm left wondering why they insufficiently repaired the pants probably knowing it's an existing fault, hence causing more work (further returns) when they could have repaired the entire seam to ensure no further failures. In addition, the service is extremely slow and customer service has been poor. For a brand that is supposed to be 'premium'..

It's been a few months now, and I feel stupid for spending $195 on a pair of pants.


This could be the reason:
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... s-for-200m

User avatar
Aushiker
Posts: 22221
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA
Contact:

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Aushiker » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:27 pm

Purchased two t-shirts and a jersery from Twin Six

User avatar
Aushiker
Posts: 22221
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA
Contact:

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Aushiker » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:33 pm

Purchased two t-shirts and a jersey from Twin Six. Quick shipping etc so all good on that front however the sizing is not so good.

The t-shirts are differently on the lower of the sizing chart. I normally wear medium, I ordered one large size for me given I was a bit doubtful about the sizing and basically got what I consider a medium so be aware. The other t-shirt was a medium and that is too small for me. Thankfully it is for someone else so hopefully will fit.

The cycling jersey sizing is way off. I ordered a large (chest size 42", I am 41") and I am struggling to get into it. I measured it armpit to armpit and it is 19" across which suggests to me well short of the claimed 42".

I have contacted them as I am not keen on having to pay return postage when I placed the order in good faith. Will update when I get an outcome.

User avatar
jaseyjase
Posts: 2798
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jaseyjase » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:12 pm

Aushiker wrote:Purchased two t-shirts and a jersey from Twin Six. Quick shipping etc so all good on that front however the sizing is not so good.

The t-shirts are differently on the lower of the sizing chart. I normally wear medium, I ordered one large size for me given I was a bit doubtful about the sizing and basically got what I consider a medium so be aware. The other t-shirt was a medium and that is too small for me. Thankfully it is for someone else so hopefully will fit.

The cycling jersey sizing is way off. I ordered a large (chest size 42", I am 41") and I am struggling to get into it. I measured it armpit to armpit and it is 19" across which suggests to me well short of the claimed 42".

I have contacted them as I am not keen on having to pay return postage when I placed the order in good faith. Will update when I get an outcome.


appreciate your feedback on this as ive been eyeing their stuff for a while.

Noviss
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:14 pm
Location: Canberra, ACT

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Noviss » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:37 pm

Put an order in with Wiggle Friday 15/12/17 and the only tracking information so far is that Australia Post have approved the shipping information. Wiggle dispatched it on 16/12/17. This is the second time this has happened. Last two Wiggle orders have been the slowest ever - well over a week. Wiggle fill the order efficiently so I can only assume that the problem is with Australia Post. Never had any issues when the tracking and delivery was with Royal Mail. Knew where the package was every step and always had the goods within a week.

Pushys appear to be very competitive with their pricing so I might have to look at this option.

User avatar
biker jk
Posts: 6192
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:18 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby biker jk » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:42 pm

Noviss wrote:Put an order in with Wiggle Friday 15/12/17 and the only tracking information so far is that Australia Post have approved the shipping information. Wiggle dispatched it on 16/12/17. This is the second time this has happened. Last two Wiggle orders have been the slowest ever - well over a week. Wiggle fill the order efficiently so I can only assume that the problem is with Australia Post. Never had any issues when the tracking and delivery was with Royal Mail. Knew where the package was every step and always had the goods within a week.

Pushys appear to be very competitive with their pricing so I might have to look at this option.


I have the same issue. Ordered a day before you and no tracking information apart from "Shipping information approved".

Zippy7
Posts: 310
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 8:33 am
Location: Sydney, NSW

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Zippy7 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:24 pm

Wiggle order 14th November. Chased up end of November.
Order was > AUD100.
Tracking number did not work.
They told me there was an issue with the courier not scanning?
Apparently they "resent" the order and I received it the week before Christmas (thankfully, cos I bought stuff as presents).
Looks like the courier sent it to their returns warehouse?
No real apology or anything (typical of Wiggle), prefer to spend my money at Pushys (just placed order > AUD 100 with them).
Looks like both CRC and Wiggle customer service has nosedived under Private Equity ownership.
Will avoid them in future if I can.
Successful trades : Rheicel, Je, wgc138, 2ndeffort, celeste boy, rodneycc

User avatar
Aushiker
Posts: 22221
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA
Contact:

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Aushiker » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:23 am

Zippy7 wrote:Looks like both CRC and Wiggle customer service has nosedived under Private Equity ownership.
Will avoid them in future if I can.


That is good to know. I am not finding them that price competitive anymore either and also prefer to shop at Pushys and/or http://bike24.com.

CKinnard
Posts: 2993
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:23 am

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby CKinnard » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:05 pm

thatmdee wrote:I have to say, I was disappointed with my last Rapha experience.

It's been a few months now, and I feel stupid for spending $195 on a pair of pants.


thanks for that. I was considering a $400 order with Rapha because of their consistent quality over the years....but you just turned me off.
back to buying $50 team kits from Asia for me. some are good some have weak seams, but easily fixed at home. am happy if I get 1-2 season's wear out of them.

BJL
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:45 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby BJL » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:40 pm

Put in a $320 AUD order with Wiggle tonight. Been needing to do it for ages but other things over the last couple of months have crippled my budget. Wiggle sent emailed a voucher for $20 off yesterday so the bike got priority this month.

I hope I get better service than some of you (I only read these comments after I ordered) :?

User avatar
Aushiker
Posts: 22221
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA
Contact:

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Aushiker » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:50 pm

Garmin Edge 1030 from Ryda Dot Com [via eBay so got the Powerup 20% discount, net price of $592 for the head-unit]. Placed the order on Boxing Day, Ryda advised it was shipped ex Sydney on Thursday December 28 and it was delivered here in Perth on Friday December 29. Free shipping too.

Noviss
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:14 pm
Location: Canberra, ACT

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Noviss » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:46 pm

Noviss wrote:Put an order in with Wiggle Friday 15/12/17 and the only tracking information so far is that Australia Post have approved the shipping information. Wiggle dispatched it on 16/12/17. This is the second time this has happened. Last two Wiggle orders have been the slowest ever - well over a week. Wiggle fill the order efficiently so I can only assume that the problem is with Australia Post. Never had any issues when the tracking and delivery was with Royal Mail. Knew where the package was every step and always had the goods within a week.

Pushys appear to be very competitive with their pricing so I might have to look at this option.


I am still waiting for this order. Australia Post sent me a text to say it was going to be delivered on Thursday 28/12/17. Then a text on Thursday to say the delivery is unlikely. And its still not delivered. Tracking says its stuck in Chullora. Amazon/Pushys, if you can get your logistics together - and it doesn't involve Australia Post - you have won me.

User avatar
Tim
Posts: 1953
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:02 pm
Location: Gippsland Lakes

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Tim » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:21 pm

Noviss wrote: Last two Wiggle orders have been the slowest ever - well over a week.


Mate, only a few years ago a delivery from the UK within 28 days was pretty good.
It's Xmas time. Can you imagine the volume of freight at the moment?
I wouldn't get too stressed about it.

Noviss
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:14 pm
Location: Canberra, ACT

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Noviss » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:55 pm

Tim wrote:
Noviss wrote: Last two Wiggle orders have been the slowest ever - well over a week.


Mate, only a few years ago a delivery from the UK within 28 days was pretty good.
It's Xmas time. Can you imagine the volume of freight at the moment?
I wouldn't get too stressed about it.


Not stressed, just disappointed. Wiggle built their business on good prices and outstanding service and delivery.

I know the value of the custom I provide wiggle is probably insignificant but their standards have slipped. I had a maintenance project on my commuter bike that I planned to complete between Christmas and New Year. I thought I ordered the goods in plenty of time to have them by this weekend. Australia Post even indicated I would have the goods on Thursday - thats what the text they sent me on Wednesday said. Now I will receive the goods - if I am lucky - next Tuesday.

I am sure the volume of freight at the moment is huge. I am also sure it happens fairly regularly at this time every year. Isn't that what management is all about?

Farmer Elvis
Posts: 313
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:45 pm
Location: Nort West N.SW.

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Farmer Elvis » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:00 am

Tim wrote:
Noviss wrote: Last two Wiggle orders have been the slowest ever - well over a week.


Mate, only a few years ago a delivery from the UK within 28 days was pretty good.
It's Xmas time. Can you imagine the volume of freight at the moment?
I wouldn't get too stressed about it.

Agree, you've got to cut delivery companies a bit of slack at this time of year. To think that a company is going to be able to find more trained staff and trucks for a couple of weeks of the year, as much as they would like to be able to deliver every parcel on time. It's not going too happen.

Return to “Buying a bike / parts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Velt