Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

jaseyjase

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jaseyjase » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:12 pm

jaseyjase wrote:3 orders last week, Wiggle, PBK and T7.

17/10 - Ordered in the morning from T7, Wiggle and PBK
17/10 - Dispatched that night from Wiggle and PBK
18/10 - Disptached from T7
23/10 - Wiggles parcel arrived, as expected.

Still waiting on PBK and T7, not really expecting a 7 day turn around from either.
29/10 - T7 package arrives

Still waiting on PBK.

fil_farina

Postby fil_farina » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:49 pm

fil_farina wrote:Hmmmmm, might be in the same bother with Wiggle. Went the free shipping (normally pay for tracked courier) ordered Monday 21st, to be delivered either yesty or today 29/30th according to tracking supplied. Tracking supplied also mentions it's been both dispatched yet awaiting dispatch, so NFI really......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Arrived today. Just in time for the weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redbull

Postby Redbull » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:10 pm

c r c are on fire.

Ordered on Saturday night arrived Thursday morning.
The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass

Pedaling

Postby Pedaling » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:24 pm

Redbull wrote:c r c are on fire.

Hope so!
I have ordered some tyres for a mate last Thursday, and we need them for the Gong ride this Sunday. :shock:
"Life is just a ride" Bill Hicks
2012 C59 Colnago
2013 Giant TCR

Pedaling

Postby Pedaling » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:40 am

Pedaling wrote:

Hope so!
I have ordered some tyres for a mate last Thursday, and we need them for the Gong ride this Sunday. :shock:
Not Happy c r c, ordered three tyres and a pack of tubes on the 25th, and have seen them yet!
Lucky I have some old tyres for a mate.
2012 C59 Colnago
2013 Giant TCR

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:39 pm

My last torpedo 7 order sent the wrong colour tyres, there was no record of the colour on the order details, invoice or history. Either sometime between adding to cart and processing it reverted to a different colour in the order and I didn't check it (unlikely), or they ran out of the colour I wanted and sent me what ever they had left, then blamed me for it when I asked what happened. Subsequent specials on the same tyre didn't have the colour I wanted either. (Spare tyres for a fixie so colour/image is VERY important)

They offered their returns process to exchange, but I only bought because they were on special not because I needed them so means I would end up paying more posting them back
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:31 pm

Pedaling wrote:
Pedaling wrote:

Hope so!
Not Happy c r c, ordered three tyres and a pack of tubes on the 25th, and have seen them yet!
25th is only last Friday! If you needed them so soon, you should have ordered earlier or bought from your LBS.

Redbull

Postby Redbull » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:32 pm

dalai47 wrote:
Pedaling wrote:
Pedaling wrote: Hope so!
25th is only last Friday! If you needed them so soon, you should have ordered earlier or bought from your LBS.
+1

I'm really happy with the quick delivery but I expect all online stuff to actually have to wait around 14 days (longer in some instances) - sometimes the quick deliveries are all because the stars align - picked, packed, hit the right truck, hits the right plane, etc.
The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:58 pm

jaseyjase wrote:
jaseyjase wrote:3 orders last week, Wiggle, PBK and T7.

17/10 - Ordered in the morning from T7, Wiggle and PBK
17/10 - Dispatched that night from Wiggle and PBK
18/10 - Disptached from T7
23/10 - Wiggles parcel arrived, as expected.

Still waiting on PBK and T7, not really expecting a 7 day turn around from either.
29/10 - T7 package arrives

Still waiting on PBK.
1/11 - PBK package arrives, so 2 weeks. Not bad, not great.

Pedaling

Postby Pedaling » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:17 pm

The order wasn't really for me, they were for a mate who is riding the Sydney to Gong ride on Sunday.
Strange thing is, he just had his bike serviced at his LBS and the rear dérailleur was way out of tune after the service. He brought it along to work and I readjusted it for him. While I was working on his bike I noticed the rear tyre was so worn it had treads exposed through the rubber, so I jumped on line and grabbed him some tyres last Thursday from c r c. In hindsight I should have went with Cell as I know the tyres would have arrived in time.
As for the LBS, they could have replaced the tyres when they serviced the bike, although through their inept service, they failed all round! I did price the same tyres at my LBS a couple of weeks ago, but the price was more than double the online price. I like to be kissed when I am being ......
2012 C59 Colnago
2013 Giant TCR

boss

Postby boss » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:42 pm

boss wrote:I had Wiggle successfully price match + 10% an item within 12 hours.

Was a DA C24 front wheel, c r c had it cheaper by $30. Usually id just go the cheaper shop and be done with it, but express from c r c was $50, while Wiggle only ask $26.

Sent screenshots and all the details that they ask for on their price match info page, coupon code through.

Too easy. And saved $40 on the c r c price, $70 on the wiggle price. And got the cheaper express shipping from Wiggle.
As I mentioned, paid the $26 for express ship. Ordered Tuesday morning, arrived Friday arvo.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:08 pm

another trio of orders, lets see if they can beat Wiggle with the head start

1/11 - ordered from Cycling express and EvansCycles
1/11 - dispatched from Cycling Express and EvansCycles
5/11 - ordered from Wiggle

race on!

skull

Postby skull » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:00 pm

Has anybody used carbonxsports. I tried to order some stuff off them. Went thru the registration process and when it come to the payment screen the site didn't provide any payment options.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

cyclebee

Postby cyclebee » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:13 pm

Cellbikes - impressive...

Order went in Wednesday evening 30 October
Goods despatched and in my hand Thursday afternoon 31 October.

This has got to be the fastest despatch ever. Delivery was to Sydney CBD.

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:27 pm

jaseyjase wrote:another trio of orders, lets see if they can beat Wiggle with the head start

race on!
My money is on ce.

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:21 pm

gold star to im_no_pro!
jaseyjase wrote:another trio of orders, lets see if they can beat Wiggle with the head start

race on!
6/11 - wiggle dispatched
6/11 - CE order arrived, pretty happy with that.

li2099

Postby li2099 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:20 pm

Bought AU$100 worth of goods from Chain Reaction Cycles on 31st Oct.
Used free shipping.
They sent it by DHL.
Arrived 5th Nov.
Terrific
10/10

Bought a Garmin 510 bundle from Wiggle for $315 on 29th Oct.
Used free shipping.
Arrived 6th Nov. Right on estimated delivery date.
10/10

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:18 pm

Twin Six

Placed Order: October 30, 2013
Delivered: November 7, 2013

Eight days ex USA

Happy with that.

Andrew

RoFlmaTiC

Postby RoFlmaTiC » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:15 pm

I ordered a wetsuit from PBK on Monday the 21st of Oct, hoping to get it for the Mandurah half IM (Nov 10th). Got a despatch confirmation on the same day but wasn't delivered until this morning! Luckily I was able to borrow a wetsuit for yesterdays event.

I ordered a different wetsuit from ribblecycles a few days after my PBK order and that arrived early last week.
2011 Cervelo S2 | 2014 Cervelo P2 | 2014 Apollo Giro Disc | 2018 S Works Tarmac Ultralight | 2020 Ragley Trig Adventure

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:55 pm

jaseyjase wrote:gold star to im_no_pro!

race on!
6/11 - wiggle dispatched
6/11 - CE order arrived, pretty happy with that.
11/11 - Wiggle order arrives, as per tracking estimate. still waiting on evans.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:42 pm

MountainBikesDirect.com.au in Queensland

Good prices (nice to support local businesses) and good delivery (free postage) and a $10.00 off next order discount voucher

Placed order on: November 3, 2013
Delivered on: November 11, 2013

Eight days which wasn't bad given I placed the order on the weekend.

Andrew

loz618

Postby loz618 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:07 pm

I've had my first and absolutely last experience with Torpedo7 recently.

I placed my order for a new set of planet bike touring mudguards and a t shirt at the beginning of september. A week or two later only the t shirt arrives. Fair enough, I think, mistakes happen, I give them a call and they say they'll send out the mudguards, no problem.

A couple of weeks pass and the mudguards do indeed arrive, but not the model I ordered. I had paid for the 'harcore touring' model, which fits 700cx35 wheels and they had sent me the mountain bike 26" version. Unfortunately due to work and other commitments I can't really call them during their usual (NZ) business hours, so here started a series of email exchanges. Typically they have taken between 3-7 days to respond to even the simplest email. Initially photos were requested and after I sent them I was told a week later that the code on the packaging is that of the model I ordered and that 'Guy' from Torpedo7 is 'unsure what the problem is?'. My invoice clearly states that I gave them my money for what Planet Bike calls the 'touring fenders' not the 'ATB fenders' I have received. Apparently someone employed by a bicycle retailer cannot distinguish between MTB and Road components. Stunning.

More emails back and forth and the last I heard was over a week ago saying that they were 'looking at getting this amended now'. I have sent an email a couple of days ago asking what's happening, but no response yet. It's been roughly a month and a half since I paid for the 700c 'Touring Fenders' and I have not yet received them.

I wanted to shop locally but I guess it's back to c r c/Evans/Wiggle whose customer service has always been top notch.

Avoid Torpedo7 if you want a simple life.

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:40 am

rheicel wrote:My latest order from Cellbikes is not so good. I ordered some bits and pieces that are on stock on their website. After 2 days, I have not heard from them. I left a message on their online chat. Daniel came back to me in email saying that the delay is because one of the item is not in stock. Why do I have to chase them? Can't they update me on what is going on? This way I can decide to cancel our go ahead with a substitute items.
Hi rheicel, apologies for your experience this time around. Yes, we need to do better! We're working on a way to notify customers of any delays, so you can decide if you want to cancel or wait. We're lucky to have Daniel because he's all we got and on a good day, he's taking care of quite a few cases. If any of you have an issue, please feel free to contact me (mark@this link is broken) or Daniel (d.dusanic@this link is broken). We're always happy to help, and I try my best to answer questions if I am up at night, even on the weekend.

Thanks for your feedback rheicel, it will help us action a better solution.

Ride safe and have a good week mate.
-website mgr Mark
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.this link is broken/contact-us

rodneycc

Postby rodneycc » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:46 pm

How good is it to have this guy on the forum! Really you can't go past customer service like this offering his personal email address to contact him day or night that I see regularly. And just like the ProLite guy, their contributions here and their respect for the rules is outstanding in my opinion. And to the guy with the thread on "Q & A Challenge 01 - Building a Better Bike Shop" take a leaf out of these guys book and be a contributor to this great forum, (and offer the odd great special!). I personally think all LBS's over Australia should have an active interest in the BNA forum for the better good of cycling. (He says as he steps down from his soapbox!)
2013 BMC TM SLR01;2013/14 Bianchi Inf CV
2013 Lynskey Helix;2013 XACD Ti Di2
2013 Giant TCR Adv SL1;2014 Giant Defy Adv SL

rheicel

Postby rheicel » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:24 pm

^^Well said Rodney. We will all have problems in buying online and directly to any lbs. But the unmatched customer care that help you sort out the issue is what will make you come back and buy from them again in the future.
On the other side, we need to make sure these guys are aware of the issues as these will make them better. (only if they are willing to take challenge though)