Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

BigVin

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby BigVin » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:10 pm

Ordered some new Rudys from eRudy.com.au - arrived in 2 days to WA .
10/10 service.
Forza Basso - Vincere per noi!

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:40 am

Aushiker wrote: Bike24.net offers tracking on its orders. Tracking is via a German website. The latest update is:
Die Auslandssendung wurde in der Internationalen Paketstation bearbeitet.
which Google translates as:
The diplomatic mission was handled in the International Package Station.
Seems the order has gained a higher status :)
Very close... the "overseas order" rather than diplomatic mission.

I was considering Bike24.net however a kids bike I wanted was available from profirad.de. It wasn't the lowest price however was in stock and seemed more trustworthy than other retailers. All fine except a frame scratch/scuff and a response that I could get a 15 Euro refund or they would send a sticker pack (worth €6). I went with my own stickers.Email response time was a few days.

Currently trying out the German Bike-mailorder.de - slow response to an initial mail (pre order) however following mails were moved to 'management' and it was much quicker. Have ordered items not in stock but with 2-10 days... and it is now day 8.
Cycling is in my BNA

jules21

Postby jules21 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:32 pm

c r c are $*%&$ hopeless.

2 attempts to order a wheel off them have failed. the first time, the rim was sent damaged beyond repair. they refunded only part of the cost. the second time, the replacement rim they sent is 22.5", not 26 as advertised. they are utterly useless.

black4tress

Postby black4tress » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:18 pm

gassyndrome wrote:BMC Team Machine from Competitive Cyclist. Transferred via Paypal on 8th March, complete bike delivered to my door yesterday morning 15th.

Very impressed with their service. I had a number of alterations to the standard spec, and they were all installed and noted on the documentation perfectly.
I figured this is from the US so what fees and duties if any were incurred for importing that bike. Was thinking of a few nice looking models on that site.

PS - I think I stumbled upon a couple of users on ebay on-selling these for a handy profit.
Thanks
[Centurion LeMans Single Speed] [BMC Fourstroke FS03]

toofat

Postby toofat » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:22 pm

posotive experiences from

Wiggle, c r c Torpedo 7, velo gear, team cyclist (usa),fastgear,

Only negative was with Glory Cycles Orlando Florida

Bought a Sigma1606dts wireless computer
they tried to help fix it by email but when it was proven to be a faulty device they said they were not responsible and referred me to Sigma USA who reffered me to Sigma south east asia who said we didnt sell that unit
No refund no replacement
Still not sure who is at fault here but in my experience with this and other products some American retails appear to be of the view, that if you are on the other side of the world, there is not much effective action you as a consumer can take against them
Am now wary of them and prefer to deal with the wiggles and c r c who rely on overseas orders for as part of their business

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:54 pm

toofat wrote:they tried to help fix it by email but when it was proven to be a faulty device they said they were not responsible and referred me to Sigma USA who reffered me to Sigma south east asia who said we didnt sell that unit
Hi

That is interesting because I brought my Sigma ROX 9 from Bike24.net (Germany) and I have been asked to send it back to Sigma Sports South East Asia. If you PM me, I can provide the email address of the guy at Sigma Sports who I dealt with and for that matter the email address of the CEO at Sigma Sports :twisted: .

Regards
Andrew

jules21

Postby jules21 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:03 pm

jules21 wrote:c r c are $*%&$ hopeless.

2 attempts to order a wheel off them have failed. the first time, the rim was sent damaged beyond repair. they refunded only part of the cost. the second time, the replacement rim they sent is 22.5", not 26 as advertised. they are utterly useless.
i had a quiet laugh over this. the replacement rim was 26" after all - i thought it was less as i had compared it with the damaged rim it was to replace, which as it turns out is a 29er. it's still a c r c screw-up (sending me a 29er advertised as a 26er), but it actually works out well in the end - the damaged rim would have been useless to me anyway :)

toofat

Postby toofat » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:27 pm

thanks Andrew, pm on the way, i dont like to post a negative slant on a product or brand from just one transaction so would be happy to have this resolved

hiflange

Postby hiflange » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:51 pm

The service from Ground Effect in NZ is always faultless in my experience. Cool threads too.
Just got my autumn/winter 2010 order

alexander

Postby alexander » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:06 pm

Bought from a few places recently.

TBSM = great service, great updates to product and shipping status. Fast Shipping and processing of order. Good prices, mostly MTB

The Bike Depot = good service, I thought it was the best price, but slugged with 3% CC fee, which is odd seeing CC is the way to pay, I hate paying paypal because someone always gets less money. Ended up buying from them seeing it was less than $10 difference, the other place had it cheaper but they've stuffed me around in the past. Fast Shipping and processing of order.
If you've got a $10 head, get a $10 helmet

pixola

Postby pixola » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:14 pm

Just received my 2009 Campagnolo Shamal Ultra Ti wheelset from Slane Cycles in Belfast. Great deal.

Service was prompt and wheels as ordered. Still have one order outstanding ( parts on backorder ) but so far so good!

ni78ck

Postby ni78ck » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:22 pm

just recieved my goodies from ribble in 3 days :D :D :D
Cervelo R5
Cervelo S5 VWD - dura ace Di2

HAKS

Postby HAKS » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:54 pm

ni78ck wrote:just recieved my goodies from ribble in 3 days :D :D :D
Normal shipping?

Wiggle: Returned 2 items, refunded full cost today. Took about 8 business days. Silly me forgot i got a nice discount when i bought them so prob should have just kept the items instead of returning them to be only better off by about $15 :roll:
Current Ride: Trek Madone 6.5 (2013)

Zoiks

Postby Zoiks » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:32 pm

Ordered some parts from Wiggle.
2 orders within 15 minutes of each other and "sent" within half an hour of eachother arrived 8 business days apart.

Also, emailed wiggle about returning some shoes and getting replacement cleats (dhb shoes go narrow too quick which leaves too much load on the cleat = broken cleat). Has been 5business days now and no reply
Current bike: 2003 Giant TCR2 w/ full 105

ni78ck

Postby ni78ck » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:13 pm

HAKS wrote:
ni78ck wrote:just recieved my goodies from ribble in 3 days :D :D :D
Normal shipping?

Wiggle: Returned 2 items, refunded full cost today. Took about 8 business days. Silly me forgot i got a nice discount when i bought them so prob should have just kept the items instead of returning them to be only better off by about $15 :roll:
last order took 10 days :)
Cervelo R5
Cervelo S5 VWD - dura ace Di2

HAKS

Postby HAKS » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:37 pm

PBK - Ordered last Thur PM, arrived today (Thur). 5business days is pretty good for PBK :)

rich00

Postby rich00 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:15 pm

Ordered Open Pro rims from Evans Cycle -- Free Delivery via UPS !!! Got them in 5 Business days. Ordered hubs, chain and cassette from Ribbles and got free delivery as I meet their limit for Royal mail deilvery, got them in 5 days as well.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:13 am

Little update on Bike-mailorder.de - English leaves a bit to be desired and some emails are just in German (which is fine for me) however may otherwise cause confusion. Anyway, items were listed with a yellow traffic light 2-10 days delivery and after 10 days there was an (automatic) email explaining that there were some delays receiving parts from wholesalers however should it take any more than a week - there were instructions on how to proceed.

I was not in a hurry, and the gear arrived just a few days later which is great - earlier than expected as I was assuming that the shop may have been stock with good gear however the reality may have been that a lot may not be available.

Packaging was ok, not fantastic however there were no problems with the gear - everything AOK and the cool thing was that everything fit well (just sawed the NC-17 riser bars down this evening) and it is quicker than my LBS as they would have to order in the non-standard parts anyway. That being said I personally stick with my LBS to get in and build wheels and do other bits and pieces - just depends.
Cycling is in my BNA

Zoiks

Postby Zoiks » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:37 am

Zoiks wrote:Ordered some parts from Wiggle.
2 orders within 15 minutes of each other and "sent" within half an hour of eachother arrived 8 business days apart.

Also, emailed wiggle about returning some shoes and getting replacement cleats (dhb shoes go narrow too quick which leaves too much load on the cleat = broken cleat). Has been 5business days now and no reply
Just to follow this up. Wiggle emailed me back 8 business days after I sent them an email. Said they are refunding my account and replacement cleats are being sent out. Im happy with this :D
Current bike: 2003 Giant TCR2 w/ full 105

ghettro

Postby ghettro » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:37 pm

I just ordered a Campy Athena gruppo and then a week after got a pair of zonda wheels from ribble (mostly to avoid duty). Processing time was about 3 working days and it took about 5 days after that to arrive here. I got the wheels yesterday but the gruppo is still in customs, bah. Otherwise I'm very happy with how fast ribble was. The packing for the wheels could have been a little better (if they put those caps on the ends of the axles) however they just used double thickness cardboard and some foam - the wheels arrived in perfect condition. I'm quite likely to buy from them again as their prices are better than wiggle and pbk in some cases.

Chef

Postby Chef » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:04 pm

Ordered a 140R taillight from DiNotte on Friday evening. They arrived today - wednesday. Very impressed.
Very, very bright 8)

Cheers
Phil

Ross

Postby Ross » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:57 pm

Anybody got any current discount codes for PBK other than AUSRBR?

Nobody

Postby Nobody » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:26 pm

Bike24.

Happy with service and the wheels I bought. They also ship Mavic.

But as Aushiker said, delivery can take a long time. Took 17 days for me.

HAKS

Postby HAKS » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:58 pm

Ross wrote:Anybody got any current discount codes for PBK other than AUSRBR?
BUNNY15 will get you 15% until midnight Mon 5th April GMT

Ross

Postby Ross » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:46 pm

Cheers!