Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Top_Bhoy

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Top_Bhoy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:58 pm

biker jk wrote:Did you pay extra for expedited shipping from Evans? I paid for standard postage which doesn't have tracking and takes 10-12 working days according to Evans.
$14 for 2 sets of M7000 brakes and 2 rotors (total around $250) came in a reasonably bulky box via DHL. That was the only postage available at the checkout. I'm out during business hours so what I also like about the Evans delivery choice is that I am able to nominate my local collection point before it is delivered and I can collect it from there up to 6pm and on Saturdays. Easier for me and most likely them.

Top_Bhoy

Postby Top_Bhoy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:23 pm

Tim wrote:
Top_Bhoy wrote:It's a funny world! I've just had a very bad customer service experience with Merlin and won't ever use them again but probably someone will be along to tell me how they have been the best.
Yep :)
Recently received a new pair of RS81 wheels within 8 working days, in perfect condition, ordered between Xmas and New Year's. Not bad.
Been buying from them for about 4 years, no problem.
Price on wheels was considerably cheaper, at least $40.00, than Wiggle, Chain Reaction, Ribble, Evans etc.
My issue with Merlin wasn't delivery - I returned a faulty SLX rear brakeset and without any discussion or agreement, they took it upon themselves to send an XT rear brakeset. Now you may say that this is an upgrade but I bought the item as a complete matching front and rear set and they refuse to provide a matching rear replacement. From photos I viewed, the SLX and XT are so dissimilar in looks and colour that their proposal wasn't acceptable. I notified them of this within a few hours of receiving their email.

Now I have more hassle to return the items once the package arrives with several more weeks before I can get a refund. Until they receive the goods I am exposed to all the risks of international postage. During email correspondence, they made some disingenuous claims which didn't sit well with me. I have some more dollars to spend on my bike build but it won't be with them because I no longer trust them or their appalling customer service and attitude. First time I have encountered such an issue from an overseas retailer (not that I've had an issue on this scale before).

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:42 pm

Top_Bhoy wrote:
biker jk wrote:Did you pay extra for expedited shipping from Evans? I paid for standard postage which doesn't have tracking and takes 10-12 working days according to Evans.
$14 for 2 sets of M7000 brakes and 2 rotors (total around $250) came in a reasonably bulky box via DHL. That was the only postage available at the checkout. I'm out during business hours so what I also like about the Evans delivery choice is that I am able to nominate my local collection point before it is delivered and I can collect it from there up to 6pm and on Saturdays. Easier for me and most likely them.
Interesting. I paid $14 as well but it wasn't sent DHL and had no tracking. I would have thought spending $250 would have given you free postage.

Top_Bhoy

Postby Top_Bhoy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:54 pm

They don't have free shipping offer on at the moment...or at least up until last Tuesday when I placed the order. The overall price I paid, including the postage, was very close to c r c (within a few dollars) so it made sense to go with the excellent postal service I had received in the past. My delivery was a reasonably large box - perhaps it was sent via DHL because of its weight/size?

Bird

Postby Bird » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:49 pm

Ordered some bits from Bikewagon hoping to have before birthday in May... :roll:
More disappointed with the tracking.... it just disappears - then I'm assuming its hit our shores by carrier penguin.

:(
Carrier: UPS Mail Innovations

Package transferred to post office
Jan-09-17, 20:00 PM, Fontana, CA

Package processed by UPS Mail Innovations origin facility
Jan-06-17, 21:30 PM, Fontana, CA

Package received for processing by UPS Mail Innovations
Jan-06-17, 17:10 PM, Fontana, CA
Note: Tracking information may be transmitted with a delay. Please check back later to view updated information.

Ant_S

Postby Ant_S » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:17 pm

My Ribble order arrived yesterday 23/1, it was despatched 9/1 (same day as c r c order which arrived 13/1). So about 14 days/2 weeks in total & 10 days slower than c r c.

The box was also poorly filled out so it was half crushed. The handlebars are alloy and had a thin bit of bubble wrap in addition to their own thin plastic sleeve, so luckily they were fine, but the box should've had brown paper or something as stuffing to stop it crushing in so easily. Not sure carbon bars would've faired as well..

I ordered a chainring from Ribble which was ordered & despatched 19/1. So we'll see if it takes 14 days again for consistency haha

bianchi928

Postby bianchi928 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:26 pm

Purchased a set of wheels from Chain Reaction.

My bank charged me a 3% foreign transaction fee although the price was quoted in AUD and that amount was charged to my credit card via paypal.

My Bank advised it was how the c r c merchant was set up.

Not complaining, I understand bank fees but be mindful if using c r c.

Cheers
Stand on my dog I cut off your head

Bird

Postby Bird » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:46 am

Bird wrote:Ordered some bits from Bikewagon hoping to have before birthday in May... :roll:
More disappointed with the tracking.... it just disappears - then I'm assuming its hit our shores by carrier penguin.

So UPS were useless..

Contacted the seller on nastybay and he has been positive/great so far.

"I am very sorry for the delay in your shipment.
Yes we ship international shipments through a freight forwarding company. Unfortunately we can not track the package once it leaves the forwarding company in California, and is transferred to the USPS first class mail.
We have found that the average ship times to Australia are about 4 to 5 weeks, But sometimes packages get hung up in the customs process.
Please let us know if you do not have your package in the next 2 weeks and we can either send another one out or get you refunded."

Cant ask for more than that.

Patt0

Postby Patt0 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:50 am

bianchi928 wrote:Purchased a set of wheels from Chain Reaction.

My bank charged me a 3% foreign transaction fee although the price was quoted in AUD and that amount was charged to my credit card via paypal.

Cheers
Let them know and mention if they set up PayPal via PayPal.com.au we won't have to pay the 3% . If enough people do maybe they will. I use a debit card with no int. fees but I miss out on specials because it takes two days to load and I don't like to have money sitting there and doing nothing.

redsonic

Postby redsonic » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:18 pm

Bird wrote:
Bird wrote:Ordered some bits from Bikewagon hoping to have before birthday in May... :roll:

So UPS were useless..

Contacted the seller on nastybay and he has been positive/great so far.

"I am very sorry for the delay in your shipment.
Yes we ship international shipments through a freight forwarding company. Unfortunately we can not track the package once it leaves the forwarding company in California, and is transferred to the USPS first class mail.
We have found that the average ship times to Australia are about 4 to 5 weeks, But sometimes packages get hung up in the customs process.
Please let us know if you do not have your package in the next 2 weeks and we can either send another one out or get you refunded."

Cant ask for more than that.
I have used Bikewagon a fair bit, and their customer service is great. They usually post within 12 hours of the order going in. Yes, postage can be slow, but it is cheap (often cheaper on eBay than their standalone store). US postage costs skyrocketed a few years ago when they introduced new security requirements, so I am pretty sure Bikewagon absorbs some of the postage costs to Aus.

metalrideroz

Postby metalrideroz » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:40 am

Has anyone recently purchased from http://www.probikeshop.com ? Any feedback? Thankyou.

Zippy7

Postby Zippy7 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:49 pm

bianchi928 wrote:Purchased a set of wheels from Chain Reaction.

Cheers
I have bought plenty of stuff from Chain Reaction using my credit card on Paypal - no international charges applied so far.
I suspect it's your bank charging you and keeping that as extra profit. I'm using a Citibank Credit card for what it's worth...
Successful trades : Rheicel, Je, wgc138, 2ndeffort, celeste boy, rodneycc

Bird

Postby Bird » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:58 am

redsonic wrote:I have used Bikewagon a fair bit, and their customer service is great. They usually post within 12 hours of the order going in. Yes, postage can be slow, but it is cheap (often cheaper on eBay than their standalone store). US postage costs skyrocketed a few years ago when they introduced new security requirements, so I am pretty sure Bikewagon absorbs some of the postage costs to Aus.
yea me bits turned up over the 'long' weekend, so very happy with that.. left good feedback for them too... Just need to learn patience!

lynskey_rider

Postby lynskey_rider » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:38 pm

Trying to purchase from BikeBug an item at the advertised price sent out via an email.
They want us to support Australian stores, yet the price on their site is nearly 4 times the price the advertised via the email account. Extremely disappointed

Abby

Postby Abby » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:05 pm

Pushy's - ordered online Tuesday afternoon. Was sitting at my front door when I left for work this morning (Thursday). :-)

A few dollars more than the big UK online sellers - but if you need quick delivery, they are sensational...!!
Twitter / Instagram: @cgradecyclist

TheWall

Postby TheWall » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:38 pm

Like Abby...but Bikebug.

Ordered Monday night...delivered to Sunny Coast on Wednesday. Nice.

Zippy7

Postby Zippy7 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:08 pm

Ordered from ProBikeKit at 10pm on 5 Feb.
Packed notification on 7th Feb
Dumped on front doorstep today 15th Feb.
That's the free shipping option
Successful trades : Rheicel, Je, wgc138, 2ndeffort, celeste boy, rodneycc

Rural Rider

Postby Rural Rider » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:26 pm

Ordered some Cycling kit from Cycledeals.com.au last week ... free shipping - order was placed on a Monday - arrived in Country NSW the following Tuesday week. Happy with the Kit and the packing.

RR.
2017 Trek Emonda SL6
2016 Specialized Allez e5 Sport

Death_defying

Postby Death_defying » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:23 pm

Ordered some bits and pieces from c r c on friday 10th feb received in adelaide today. Less than a week from uk to adelaide. Pretty chuffed :)

hamishm

Postby hamishm » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:59 am

Rural Rider wrote:Ordered some Cycling kit from Cycledeals.com.au last week ...
Is that URL right? The .com.au domain doesn't exist and the .com domain is parked and for sale.

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:14 pm

hamishm wrote:
Rural Rider wrote:Ordered some Cycling kit from Cycledeals.com.au last week ...
Is that URL right? The .com.au domain doesn't exist and the .com domain is parked and for sale.
It might be cyclingdeal.com.au.
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

Rural Rider

Postby Rural Rider » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:53 pm

Yes, sorry lads ... my error on the url
2017 Trek Emonda SL6
2016 Specialized Allez e5 Sport

edd-there

Postby edd-there » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:51 am

Placed an order with Eurocycles on Flea Bay a fortnight ago. No response on if they've shipped my items. Gave them a call and the person in charge of the online orders were at a meeting and I was told they'd call me back. Still nothing. Anyone had experiences dealing with Eurocycles? :|

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:11 pm

Bikebug

20/2 - Ordered about 3pm Perth time
21/2 - Dispatched
22/2 - Arrived

too bloody good, with prices cheaper then c r c etc

Ribble

4/2 - ordered on a sat
6/2 - shipped
20/2 - arrived

not great, but not bad

Noviss

Postby Noviss » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:27 pm

Wiggle have spoiled me with their prior service. For the first time ever an order has taken longer than a week to arrive. Placed an order in the evening of 13 February and still waiting. Not sure where the hold up is - Australia Post tracking sucks big time compared to the previous providers. Last update said it arrived in Sydney on Saturday then nothing since.