Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

MarkG

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby MarkG » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:09 pm

I've just ordered a paid for a Garmin Edge 510 from Bikebug.com

Prompt service and email responded to straight away.

They arrive in stock on Friday I think, so should get it next week some time.
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:14 pm

MarkG wrote:I've just ordered a paid for a Garmin Edge 510 from Bikebug.com

Prompt service and email responded to straight away.

They arrive in stock on Friday I think, so should get it next week some time.
I ordered a Garmin Edge 810 from bikebug as well. I've got the acknowledgement about order, it's currently processing. Should be shipping out today so I hope to have it by friday in time for my Audax ride on the weekend.
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

ozzymac

Postby ozzymac » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:54 pm

boss wrote:
warren.suen wrote:OK I've finally received my order from Cycling Express that was placed on the 17th of December.

Really dissapointed with their service as all it takes is a quick email to indicate a potential delay, and i think that was the first and last opportunity i give them so much for a aussie alternative.

Put a order in last night on Wiggle (28/01/13) and it was picked this morning waiting for dispatch, will update when i receive the items
Sucks that you've had a bad experience with CE. I hear that Cell are a great alternative if you want to shop Australian.

I find that if I order from Cell on a Monday, the gear is here by Wednesday.

I agree about Cell, great service ordered a gopro mount processed and arrived in a couple of days. So much easier and better service than ce.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

rpmspinman

Postby rpmspinman » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:01 pm

Ordered from Wiggle on the 17th Jan. About $860 worth of products. Paid for priority dispatch and Express delivery. Watched the tracking order daily. Order was delivered in oz on the 4th business day (late Tuesday) as promised. But stuck in customs for nearly 48hours, and didnt leave customs till mid afternoon Friday last week. 2 out of 3 packages arrived yesterday on the public holiday (28th Jan). (Lucky we were around). The 3rd parcel got delivered today I got told (29th Jan). No blame to Wiggle as they got the delivery to oz within the time they allocate. Customs however are another story. Anyone else get late delivery due to customs? Is this normal?
Cheers
Shav

My Bikes:
2011 Kona Dew Plus (commuter)
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 (road)
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:07 pm

Ribble Cycles - Deda seat post, stem, bars, tubes, lock, rear light

Ordered - 21/1
Dispatched - 22/2
Arrived - 29/1

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:16 pm

rpmspinman wrote:Ordered from Wiggle on the 17th Jan. About $860 worth of products. Paid for priority dispatch and Express delivery. Watched the tracking order daily. Order was delivered in oz on the 4th business day (late Tuesday) as promised. But stuck in customs for nearly 48hours, and didnt leave customs till mid afternoon Friday last week. 2 out of 3 packages arrived yesterday on the public holiday (28th Jan). (Lucky we were around). The 3rd parcel got delivered today I got told (29th Jan). No blame to Wiggle as they got the delivery to oz within the time they allocate. Customs however are another story. Anyone else get late delivery due to customs? Is this normal?
Could be the value being close to the magic $1,000 mark maybe?

rpmspinman

Postby rpmspinman » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:49 pm

Summernight wrote:
rpmspinman wrote:Ordered from Wiggle on the 17th Jan. About $860 worth of products. Paid for priority dispatch and Express delivery. Watched the tracking order daily. Order was delivered in oz on the 4th business day (late Tuesday) as promised. But stuck in customs for nearly 48hours, and didnt leave customs till mid afternoon Friday last week. 2 out of 3 packages arrived yesterday on the public holiday (28th Jan). (Lucky we were around). The 3rd parcel got delivered today I got told (29th Jan). No blame to Wiggle as they got the delivery to oz within the time they allocate. Customs however are another story. Anyone else get late delivery due to customs? Is this normal?
possibly or the weight. There was an indoor trainer within that order too.
Cheers
Shav

My Bikes:
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD

moreegolfer

Postby moreegolfer » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:12 pm

rpmspinman wrote:
Summernight wrote:
possibly or the weight. There was an indoor trainer within that order too.
What I indoor trainer did you get? I am looking for one so the bride can still get exercise in when the weather turns foul.

rpmspinman

Postby rpmspinman » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:20 pm

moreegolfer wrote: What I indoor trainer did you get? I am looking for one so the bride can still get exercise in when the weather turns foul.
It was ordered for a mate. He got the CycleOps Fluid 2 winter trainer http://www.this link is broken/cycleops-fluid- ... ining-kit/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He only got it yesterday but we had fun putting it together and giving it a go.
Cheers
Shav

My Bikes:
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD

sil3nt

Postby sil3nt » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:36 pm

jules21 wrote:
danny the boy wrote:Cycling Express now sending computer generated emails in response to sales enquiries.

If they are still on holidays then put a notice on your website letting people know. Top of my bike shop death list for 2013.
i bought a whole bike off them on Dec 25! they claim it has been "dispatched" since before NYs, but 2 weeks + and i haven't seen it yet. this is BS. they haven't responded to my email either.

i was starting to wonder if they've gone under and taken my money, but warren (few posts above) says they refunded him for OOS gloves, which is not something an insolvent firm would tend to do. so i'm a bit more relieved. but still, this is BS.
In all fairness I have ordered from Cycling Express a few times albeit being a little slow they generally are pretty good, I bought an Azzuri Forza last year and it took around 1.5 weeks to reach me.

I do have a current situation though where I ordered a set of Shimano RS80 C50's on the 14th of January and I still don't have them, now as I understand it this is Australia posts issue as it was sent registered but at the same time it starts to get frustrating when I have no wheels and I have no idea where they are and when I am going to get them.

I spoke to Aust post last week and they said that Cycling Express need to lodge an investigation, I spoke to a young lady there this morning and she is on the case so hopefully they get this sorted for me :/
Rides : Merida Reacto 907E & The SS Larry

moreegolfer

Postby moreegolfer » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:44 pm

rpmspinman wrote:
moreegolfer wrote: What I indoor trainer did you get? I am looking for one so the bride can still get exercise in when the weather turns foul.
It was ordered for a mate. He got the CycleOps Fluid 2 winter trainer http://www.this link is broken/cycleops-fluid- ... ining-kit/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He only got it yesterday but we had fun putting it together and giving it a go.
Thanks for that. I am keen on the Kurt Kinetic Road Machine thru Cycling-Inform, a little bit dearer but better I think if I have a warranty issue.

rpmspinman

Postby rpmspinman » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:10 pm

moreegolfer wrote:
Thanks for that. I am keen on the Kurt Kinetic Road Machine thru Cycling-Inform, a little bit dearer but better I think if I have a warranty issue.
Let us know how it goes.
Cheers
Shav

My Bikes:
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD

sil3nt

Postby sil3nt » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:26 pm

sil3nt wrote:
jules21 wrote:
danny the boy wrote:Cycling Express now sending computer generated emails in response to sales enquiries.

If they are still on holidays then put a notice on your website letting people know. Top of my bike shop death list for 2013.
i bought a whole bike off them on Dec 25! they claim it has been "dispatched" since before NYs, but 2 weeks + and i haven't seen it yet. this is BS. they haven't responded to my email either.

i was starting to wonder if they've gone under and taken my money, but warren (few posts above) says they refunded him for OOS gloves, which is not something an insolvent firm would tend to do. so i'm a bit more relieved. but still, this is BS.
In all fairness I have ordered from Cycling Express a few times albeit being a little slow they generally are pretty good, I bought an Azzuri Forza last year and it took around 1.5 weeks to reach me.

I do have a current situation though where I ordered a set of Shimano RS80 C50's on the 14th of January and I still don't have them, now as I understand it this is Australia posts issue as it was sent registered but at the same time it starts to get frustrating when I have no wheels and I have no idea where they are and when I am going to get them.

I spoke to Aust post last week and they said that Cycling Express need to lodge an investigation, I spoke to a young lady there this morning and she is on the case so hopefully they get this sorted for me :/
Just got a call back from Ellenor *spelling may be wrong she initialized the investigation with AusPost and she is going to organize a new set of wheels to be sent out tomorrow. It's been a while but I am glad at least that CE have been good enough to take ownership of the shipping issue (Auspost's issue) and send some more wheels my way.
Rides : Merida Reacto 907E & The SS Larry

cant_stop

Postby cant_stop » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:28 pm

Thought I would share two great examples of customer service.

1. Ay Up lights:
Ordered a set of Ay Ups yesterday at around 11am and received them today at 12. UNBELIEVABLE! Considering I live in Perth and they are based in Brisbane I found this amazing.

2. Erudy (Australian online Rudy Project retailer):
I noticed a few weeks back that one of the arms of my Rydon sunglasses had snapped, I contacted erudy and was told to send them in and if it was deemed a warranty issue they would be replaced. Although communication at times was poor, for example I was never told that my glasses were received, covered under warranty or even sent back to me, today I received a package containing a new frame, a free pair of lenses and a new carry case.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:28 am

did a wiggle order monday night (21st). got the card friday 25th. did the online thing. only thing is the number written down is different to the number of my parcel. :shock:
5 mins on the phone with dhl and parcel will be delivered tomorrow.
wiggle: good
dhl: not so good

kunalraiker

Postby kunalraiker » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:17 am

Bought a Bag and Chamois cream from Wiggle on Monday morning AEST.
Got it delivered today, Express DHL all the way from UK.

And shipping was free!

Love you Wiggle :)

the_big_fella

Postby the_big_fella » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:38 pm

Cell have done it again.

After slicing open my front tyre on some gravel, I needed a speedy replacement, and couldn't wait for Wiggle or c r c to deliver.
Having had good experiences with Cell in the past I went with them for an order of new tyres. Price was very competitive by LBS standards.
Ordered 10:30am Wednesday, arrived 10am Thursday in Canberra. Can't complain about that. Now I am ready to roll again. :D :D :D

Andrew09

Postby Andrew09 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:22 pm

On one particular day I received the usual email from Cell advertising their current specials. Opened the email at 7.30am. Placed an order at 8am. Order was delivered at 2pm that very day. It would have taken me the same time to get to their store and back in Sydney peak hour traffic. Cell and their courier company is a partnership that works well. Imagine the look on my face when the order turned up and I thought to myself "I'm not expecting anything." Der!

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:07 pm

So the garmin edge 810 that I thought was in stock at bikebug turned out to be NOT in stock. Appears website is not live with stock levels. Only bought from bikebug due to being "in stock and then the price. If HTA have it in stock I'm prepared to cancel my order come tuesday and get it from HTA.
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

fatdudeonabike

Postby fatdudeonabike » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:57 pm

kunalraiker wrote:Bought a Bag and Chamois cream from Wiggle on Monday morning AEST.
Got it delivered today, Express DHL all the way from UK.

And shipping was free!

Love you Wiggle :)
Boooo. I ordered last Saturday and still dont have my order in Canberra yet! ("Still" is probably poor word usage - I never expected to have it in a week...)

merlin6014

Postby merlin6014 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:53 pm

Usually have good experiences with the uk stores but ordered some pedals from pbk the other day. Took a week and when they arrived they were just in their own box with no packing whatsoever, yep no bubblewrap, foam nothing. Box was crushed pedal had a chip out of it and to be honest they wernt very responsive to my predicament. Basically wanted me to send it back and wait 8 weeks for the manufacturer to inspect it then i "may" get a replacement. This despite me sending them photos. Say What package your damn shipments properly and replace !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !! when you dont. Not hard. Doubt ill buy off them again there has been a few stories of their dodgy packing

gururug

Postby gururug » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:34 am

Noticed my last pbk delivery was in plastic only too. 2 Boxed Tyres and a pump ( bubble wrapped ).

I guess if there is damage and they carry the return costs all is well that ends well. The month delay however will lose them Aussie customers.

I still think they'll come out on top though.

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:46 pm

Paced my first wiggle order last weekend late mon night AEDST, free shipping - meant I didn't need to pad the order to get free shipping. Delivered today according to tracking, will check the order when I get home.

Interesting point: Two tyres, $14.66 each, total $29.33, two bar ends $0.91each, total $1.83. Order total $31.15. Appears there is some rounding in the prices. I was robbed $0.01 :shock:

Edit: box it arrived in was huge! Must've cost a fortune by cubic weight considering it was only 2 road tyres and 4 tiny bits of plastic. Previously whenive ordered wire bead tyres they have been folded up to fit a smaller box. Secretly hoped they had included some free rim samples by mistake :D
Last edited by bychosis on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

Sparx

Postby Sparx » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:55 pm

Have to say I usually have nothing but praise for Wiggle.

But I ordered a light from them at the end of November, they sent me the wrong one and only got me a new one half way through January. And that one is faulty. So Not very happy with wiggle on this occasion.

reefer

Postby reefer » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:03 pm

Ordered a S14 Front light from http://www.magicshineledlights.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Delivered overnight, well packaged and works a treat, quite bright :D