Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

hamishm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby hamishm » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:31 am

Noviss wrote:I am sure the volume of freight at the moment is huge. I am also sure it happens fairly regularly at this time every year. Isn't that what management is all about?
You can't blame Wiggle for that. All they can do is pack and ship it quickly, which they did when I ordered in early December. The rest is up to the postal services, couriers etc.

caneye

Postby caneye » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:00 pm

hamishm wrote: You can't blame Wiggle for that. All they can do is pack and ship it quickly, which they did when I ordered in early December. The rest is up to the postal services, couriers etc.
yah .. the local services have to manage their resources better :D

my order was placed on 18th. shipment from Wiggle reached the NSW Chullora distribution centre on 21st (3 business days) before Xmas. But it wasn't delivered to my home till after xmas (after deducting for xmas and boxing day, it's another 3 business days). I'm probably <20kms from Chullora. Would've been faster for me to rock up and pick it up from Chullora instead :lol:

Same thing with a parcel delivery from Pushys. Took 3 business days when it is usually 1 business day only.

Mind you, I'm not complaining about either shipment. :lol: Just sharing my experience and highlighting the common culprit here (i.e. austpost).

Noviss

Postby Noviss » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:21 pm

caneye wrote:
yah .. the local services have to manage their resources better :D

my order was placed on 18th. shipment from Wiggle reached the NSW Chullora distribution centre on 21st (3 business days) before Xmas. But it wasn't delivered to my home till after xmas (after deducting for xmas and boxing day, it's another 3 business days). I'm probably <20kms from Chullora. Would've been faster for me to rock up and pick it up from Chullora instead :lol:

Same thing with a parcel delivery from Pushys. Took 3 business days when it is usually 1 business day only.

Mind you, I'm not complaining about either shipment. :lol: Just sharing my experience and highlighting the common culprit here (i.e. austpost).
As I said in my initial post the issue isn't with Wiggle - they dispatched the goods efficiently. Auspost appear to be where the issue lies. My order (that was made on 15 December) has been in Chullora since 27 December according to the tracking. Not passing any judgement just highlighting the issue. :D

metalrideroz

Postby metalrideroz » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:35 am

Has anyone ordered from
http://www.gkasportsstore.com.au/index.php ?
OK?

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:27 am

metalrideroz wrote:Has anyone ordered from
http://www.gkasportsstore.com.au/index.php ?
OK?
Yep. Got some pare parts for my Bont shoes. No dramas

BJL

Postby BJL » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:57 am

BJL wrote:Put in a $320 AUD order with Wiggle tonight. Been needing to do it for ages but other things over the last couple of months have crippled my budget. Wiggle sent emailed a voucher for $20 off yesterday so the bike got priority this month.

I hope I get better service than some of you (I only read these comments after I ordered) :?
Received my order today without any dramas. :P

metalrideroz

Postby metalrideroz » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:35 pm

MichaelB wrote:Yep. Got some pare parts for my Bont shoes. No dramas
Thankyou.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:14 pm

I made the mistake of ordering again from Velogear. They had stuffed up in 2015 sending me the wrong bottle cages and I vowed never again. Silly me ordered some rim tape ("PKT o 2") and they only sent me one tape. BTW, are TheBicycleStore and Velogear the same online seller?

RobertL

Postby RobertL » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:57 pm

biker jk wrote:...BTW, are TheBicycleStore and Velogear the same online seller?
I believe that they are. I was looking at bibshorts earlier, and they had exactly the same stock at exactly the same prices. Including the same mega-specials on certain brands and models for sizes S or XXXL.

I've bought a few things from them and never had a problem.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:19 pm

RobertL wrote:
biker jk wrote:...BTW, are TheBicycleStore and Velogear the same online seller?
I believe that they are. I was looking at bibshorts earlier, and they had exactly the same stock at exactly the same prices. Including the same mega-specials on certain brands and models for sizes S or XXXL.

I've bought a few things from them and never had a problem.
I bought a few things from TheBicycleStore in the middle of last year and had no problem. It's Velogear purchases that are the problem. Go figure.

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:31 am

biker jk wrote:
It's Velogear purchases that are the problem. Go figure.
I had issue with them recently on a purchase. (My first and last with them).
Surly Ogre, Extrawheel trailer.

redsonic

Postby redsonic » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:56 am

rifraf wrote:
biker jk wrote:
It's Velogear purchases that are the problem. Go figure.
I had issue with them recently on a purchase. (My first and last with them).
I used Velogear regularly until they sent me the wrong item then made me jump through hoops to return it. Transaction dragged on and on and meanwhile, my bike build was on hold. They refused to send the replacement parts until they received the returns (this is despite receiving photos of the wrong items and of the addressed, stamped return package). The purchasing department had no idea what was in the warehouse, and I corresponded with a different staff member each time. One of the worst online buying experiences I have had, and I will not use them again. Interesting to hear TheBicycleStore may be the same company...

fergy1987

Postby fergy1987 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:35 am

Just bought some Sunnies from Wiggle - but holy cr@p I am surprised they made it in one piece.....box was torn to pieces with the box seams split down both sides....and I also bought some of those Pro Bike Stands....they basically got a box chucked in everything I bought with no packing material, not even those airbag things or some bubble wrap....and the bike stands were just slamming around in the box..... Don't know how the Sunnies didn't get crushed, or fall out of the box......Pretty disappointed with it.....but just glad they all made it alive :P

cancan64

Postby cancan64 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:56 pm

Crap...I just placed a Wiggle order and forgot I need some sunnies
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

fergy1987

Postby fergy1987 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:40 pm

cancan64 wrote:Crap...I just placed a Wiggle order and forgot I need some sunnies
Cancel Order and Re-Order - I had to do it with my order and it was really easy :)

Zippy7

Postby Zippy7 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:56 pm

Chain Reaction - awesome this time around.
Ordered Saturday night, received dispatch notification on Sunday, delivered FRIDAY (today!).
Such a huge contrast to Wiggle, who took weeks last time!
Successful trades : Rheicel, Je, wgc138, 2ndeffort, celeste boy, rodneycc

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:22 pm

Zippy7 wrote:Chain Reaction - awesome this time around.
Ordered Saturday night, received dispatch notification on Sunday, delivered FRIDAY (today!).
Given Wiggle owns Chain Reaction it certainly is strange why they can't deliver as quickly.

Zippy7

Postby Zippy7 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:56 am

biker jk wrote:
Zippy7 wrote:Chain Reaction - awesome this time around.
Given Wiggle owns Chain Reaction it certainly is strange why they can't deliver as quickly.
Yes, it's strange. I do remember when the private equity company first took over c r c, things went downhill for a while.
Now it seems that they have improved their customer service again.
Noted that some lines of stock appear to be the same, but inventory still seems separate.
Successful trades : Rheicel, Je, wgc138, 2ndeffort, celeste boy, rodneycc

nemo57

Postby nemo57 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:02 am

Got a little Lezyne GPS from Probike Kit in January; the screen refused to fire up on Thursday. I got in touch with them, and had two answers overnight, one of which made handy suggestions for restoring function to the thing, suggestions that Lezyne's own website totally lacks. They worked. Good on them for nous and promtness!

caneye

Postby caneye » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:15 pm

pulled the trigger on the new fly6 from pushys on monday. Item was picked up by AustPost yesterday (Tuesday). This morning, I received an email from AustPost to expect delivery by .... Monday?
Fingers crossed that it will be delivered before the end of the week so that I can use it on the weekend.

What happened to 24-hour shipping, Pushys?
that used to be fantastic.

Ross

Postby Ross » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:11 pm

Pushys have held up their end of the deal, it was dispatched within 24 hours, what Australia Post do with it afterwards is obviously out of their control.

That's generally why I hardly ever buy from Pushys, it's roughly the same time for delivery and usually cheaper to buy from Wiggle.

BJL

Postby BJL » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:33 am

I finally made the order from Bike24 which I said I was going to do weeks ago. I ordered from them as they sell things like spokes which Wiggle doesn't (or very limited range) and c r c says everything is out of stock and has done so for weeks. Also needed new 5700 shifter hoods which can be hard to find except on EBay. (I'm one of the few people on the planet who has never bought anything off EBay) I also like to buy stuff from the same supplier rather than making multiple orders from all over the place. I'm just weird that way.

My first order from Bike24 so I'll see how it goes.

Shred11

Postby Shred11 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:56 pm

I’ve been buying from Pushys for about four years now and never had any problems. Recently a light I bought from them last year failed... I had no hassle at all getting it replaced. Pushys just sent a replacement out. Very happy with the after sales service.

BJL

Postby BJL » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:03 am

BJL wrote:I finally made the order from Bike24 which I said I was going to do weeks ago. I ordered from them as they sell things like spokes which Wiggle doesn't (or very limited range) and c r c says everything is out of stock and has done so for weeks. Also needed new 5700 shifter hoods which can be hard to find except on EBay. (I'm one of the few people on the planet who has never bought anything off EBay) I also like to buy stuff from the same supplier rather than making multiple orders from all over the place. I'm just weird that way.

My first order from Bike24 so I'll see how it goes.
I received my order this morning! (7:30am) :D

Very happy as it has only been 5 working days. Wasn't really expecting it until Monday.

lynskey_rider

Postby lynskey_rider » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:19 pm

I have given up on Pushys.

Have spent $2000 + in last 3 months with them and two items have failed straight out of the box.

When I contacted them about both issues, the reply was "contact the manufacturer directly".

When customer service is the only thing that these shops have over O/S online stores, they can't afford to be so poor. I am voting with my feet and my wallet