Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

tsatra93

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby tsatra93 » Mon May 20, 2013 6:11 pm

boss wrote:I am out to 17 days from dispatch on not one but two orders from c r c.

Sent to two different addresses... one is going to work, one is going to my PO BOX. Did that by accident... but yeah, seems like someone at Royal Mail hates me.

If these two have gone missing (which I suspect they will), that will be three parcels via Royal Mail that have gone missing for me in the last two months. Argh!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
My c r c order was dispatched on the 2nd May, got half of my order last week, the other half today (20th). Still waiting for my PBK order which was dispatched on the same day. For comparison wiggle got to me on the 8th (same dispatch date).

jzr

Postby jzr » Mon May 20, 2013 7:50 pm

Summernight wrote:Bought goods from Wiggle on Thursday. Received today (Monday afternoon). :shock:

That has got to be a record for me for goods from an overseas company.
Did you take note of the postage label on the bag?

Could have come from their warehouse in Sunshine, VIC. I know it is where they process returns but I believe they also hold some high turnover stock there as I've had some of their in-house dhb brand stuff sent in super record time but the shipping label didn't look as though it had come from overseas at all (just had the Sunshine address on it). Pure speculation, I don't actually know but it makes sense.

jzr

Postby jzr » Mon May 20, 2013 7:54 pm

boss wrote:
Rex wrote:Yep, thats why I avoid c r c and PBK.
But I have stuff coming from Ribble & Prendas at the moment using Royal Mail so I'm praying the postage gods will be no more than 2 weeks.
last order I had from Ribble got smoked by Royal mail, lost in post and they sent again using parcelforce
Dude, you are not having much luck hey. That really blows.

I can't remember, do c r c or Ribble offer tracking with their Royal Mail shipments? I buy stuff from startfitness.co.uk and it's just Royal Mail but they send a link to this tracking website where you plug in the Royal Mail parcel number but somehow it also tracks it through AU once AusPost pick it up and whack their own parcel number on it once it's here (FWIW the service is http://www.trackitonline.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). Don't know how it works but it definitely works and it was an order I only paid 10 pounds postage for so nothing too speccy, just ordinary mail service I believe. Wish more of them would do the same with Royal Mail.

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Tue May 21, 2013 12:35 pm

jzr wrote:
Summernight wrote:Bought goods from Wiggle on Thursday. Received today (Monday afternoon). :shock:

That has got to be a record for me for goods from an overseas company.
Did you take note of the postage label on the bag?

Could have come from their warehouse in Sunshine, VIC. I know it is where they process returns but I believe they also hold some high turnover stock there as I've had some of their in-house dhb brand stuff sent in super record time but the shipping label didn't look as though it had come from overseas at all (just had the Sunshine address on it). Pure speculation, I don't actually know but it makes sense.
The box says DHL Worldwide sent from Portsmouth, Hants, UK. I can't see any Sunshine label on it. I know about their depot in Sunshine but this doesn't seem to have come from there. And no, I didn't pay for any express shipping, which was why I was like :shock: .

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue May 21, 2013 2:03 pm

Ordered from Chain Reaction on Friday, delivered Monday morning. You can't ask for better service than that.

boss

Postby boss » Tue May 21, 2013 4:35 pm

tsatra93 wrote:
boss wrote:I am out to 17 days from dispatch on not one but two orders from c r c.

Sent to two different addresses... one is going to work, one is going to my PO BOX. Did that by accident... but yeah, seems like someone at Royal Mail hates me.

If these two have gone missing (which I suspect they will), that will be three parcels via Royal Mail that have gone missing for me in the last two months. Argh!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
My c r c order was dispatched on the 2nd May, got half of my order last week, the other half today (20th). Still waiting for my PBK order which was dispatched on the same day. For comparison wiggle got to me on the 8th (same dispatch date).
Well the first of my two parcels arrived today. Both were dispatched 2nd (although one was early and one was late in the day).

I think that something got a bit messy when we ordered and caused a delay with Royal Mail, cause there are plenty of people on here getting Royal Mail parcels within expected timelines.

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Wed May 22, 2013 4:03 am

For a unicyclist changing things like tyres pose a few more problems than for a bicyclist. We don't like change.

I have found it increasingly difficult to get the tyres that I have used for several years. Indeed any non-nobbly 24x1.75 tyres.

Inevitably I had to order on-line. I got half a dozen of an alternative delivered and at greater cost than I paid for my old CSTs.

Bottom line -they ride pretty much the same as the CSTs. But they are lasting only 700km at which time they are showing canvass. That's around four weeks. And well before that they are easily punctured. I started out with three flats in that first 700km.

The only upside is that I will be rid of them in another three months. :roll:
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

fidjit

Postby fidjit » Wed May 22, 2013 7:57 am

I purchased a set of Altura Gravity mitts from Evans Cycles when I purchased my rack bag. Why? Because buying the gloves pushed me over the 50 pound limit for free shipping and worked out better than just buying the bag and paying freight :)

After around 12 rides though, the stitching around the finger holes is starting to come free on ALL the finger holes on both gloves. Now I'm well aware that they're not the best nor most expensive gloves (about $15) around but I thought I'd make Evans aware of this and sent of a note with a couple of photos asking if they had any comments/ideas.

They emailed me late last night and advised that because it was under 90 days if I brought them into one of their shops or sent them back they'd exchange or refund. I replied saying that living in Tassie meant that neither idea was all that viable and that shipping them back would probably cost me more than the gloves then went to bed. Lo and behold I've just checked my email and there's a shipping notice saying they've sent me a new pair free of charge.

Can't beat that for service !!!

Needless to say, Evans Cycles is very high on my recommended etailer list !! :)

Gusbuster

Postby Gusbuster » Wed May 22, 2013 9:26 am

Wasnt a huge fan of Bike Bug North Sydney store however needed a new helmet fast. Ordered Monday, delivered Tuesday to Dubbo. Awesome service and a godd price. Will buy from them again.

slytec

Postby slytec » Wed May 22, 2013 11:24 am

Just completed my order with Cycling Express. I must say I am very impressed with the level of service that I received from their whole team!

I purchased a Verite Team C, a Netti Phoenix, and some smaller accessories, all ordered online, and picked up from the store.

The advice provided was great via emails and over the phone. There was an issue with the fulfillment system, but when I called up and said I wanted to pick up the bike on a Friday afternoon (I know it was jerk move), but they rushed to put it together for me so I could take it out for the weekend (bikers understanding the nature of bikers).

There was an issue with the helmet that I picked up though, there was damage on it and I had to wear an old helmet for the weekend ride, but I went in on Tuesday (30km drive in from work), and they replaced it hassle free as promised on the website. I was worried that they were going to go through a whole inquisition, but that definitely did not happen, I guess the evidence and timing took any concerns away.

Big thanks to Sam (advice), Elanor (customer service), Jared (builder) and Hayden (sales) for making it a good experience.

Rex

Postby Rex » Wed May 22, 2013 11:27 am

Yeah Evans Cycles are great, nice and quick shipping similar to Wiggle also.

I'm about to buy a helmet from BikeTart.com
A small cycling online store that unfortunately use Royal Mail, but good prices.

BrisVegas

Postby BrisVegas » Wed May 22, 2013 11:56 am

Took a punt on a cheap chinese ebay seller for a MTB fork. The fork arrived today within a week of me clicking "Buy it Now".

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 3602526008" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://stores.ebay.com.au/SpeedPark-bic ... 7675.l2563" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2004 Litespeed Tuscany Ti SRAM Force 2x10 & 2021 Bombtrack Hook EXT SRAM Rival 1x11

herzog

Postby herzog » Wed May 22, 2013 12:44 pm

I guess the worry with China I that you end up with a knock off.

A mate was over there recently and hired a fake giant MTB complete with fake Fox suspension!

BrisVegas

Postby BrisVegas » Wed May 22, 2013 12:45 pm

my mistake. My seller was Taiwanese, not Chinese.
2004 Litespeed Tuscany Ti SRAM Force 2x10 & 2021 Bombtrack Hook EXT SRAM Rival 1x11

celeste boy

Postby celeste boy » Wed May 22, 2013 7:10 pm

I received the phone call on my mobile today from 'customs' who said I was over the $1000 on an order. Asked if that included postage and I said 'yes'. Was that the right thing to say?
he said he would have to work out the GST and he would get back to me. That was 6 hours ago!
I guess I have been lucky with groupsets but wheels stand out I suppose.

CB

boss

Postby boss » Thu May 23, 2013 11:22 am

BrisVegas wrote:my mistake. My seller was Taiwanese, not Chinese.
Same issues with knockoffs in Taiwan as with China. Somewhat worse really, as Taiwan has a more established bike/component manufacturing industry than China.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu May 23, 2013 11:07 pm

celeste boy wrote:I received the phone call on my mobile today from 'customs' who said I was over the $1000 on an order. Asked if that included postage and I said 'yes'. Was that the right thing to say?
he said he would have to work out the GST and he would get back to me. That was 6 hours ago!

CB
The calculation for GST and duty is in The Ultimate Guide to Buying a Bike and Gear Online and this is an example to show you how it works:

Duty is calculated on just the cost of the item while GST takes into account the shipping costs (as well as duty). If you had of said that shipping was extra, you would have to pay more GST.
Cycling is in my BNA

linds

Postby linds » Thu May 23, 2013 11:23 pm

http://www.velogear.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - I have had only good experiences with them in my short time buying bike stuff on line. Their gear seems good quality and so far always as described with no problems, competitive prices and fast postage.

Rex

Postby Rex » Fri May 24, 2013 12:26 am

Received a nice package from Prendas today... just 8 days using Royal Mail!

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri May 24, 2013 8:16 am

had a part on back order from wiggle for over a month. got an email saying they've sent one. problem is I ordered 3. so there are still 2 on back order...

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Fri May 24, 2013 8:33 am

Guys at Wiggle have got my vote again.

Had a tire split at the seam so rather than flicking it straight bavk took a photo and asked if I should return or was this enough.

They agreed that sending it back was pointless waste of money.

They are adding the tire to the order I just put in.

From sending the email to result less than 36hrs. Can already see the tire in the order 5 min after I sent the order number to the chap dealing with the case.

Promises kept = happy customer
James
Veni, Vidi, Vespa -- I Came, I Saw, I Rode Home

Ross

Postby Ross » Fri May 24, 2013 9:15 am

celeste boy wrote:I received the phone call on my mobile today from 'customs' who said I was over the $1000 on an order. Asked if that included postage and I said 'yes'. Was that the right thing to say?

CB
Shouldn't be any duty payable on wheels, though they don't always know their own rules as I bought 2 sets of wheels and was charged duty (+GST) on one but not the other. I think you will be liable for GST though. The amount of GST is based on the cost of the goods plus postage as AUbicycles has pointed out already so yes you did the right thing.

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Fri May 24, 2013 11:07 am

Ross wrote:

CB
Shouldn't be any duty payable on wheels, though they don't always know their own rules as I bought 2 sets of wheels and was charged duty (+GST) on one but not the other. I think you will be liable for GST though. The amount of GST is based on the cost of the goods plus postage as AUbicycles has pointed out already so yes you did the right thing.
You can ask for a refund of the duty if you were incorrectly charged it on that one occasion. If you have the details and even if it was a few years ago they should still give you the refund if you follow it up with them. Of course, whether it is worth your time is another factor. :)

ningnangnong

Postby ningnangnong » Fri May 24, 2013 2:38 pm

ningnangnong wrote:Ordered a jersey with Prendas last night- was packed and shipped only a few hours after I ordered! Was delighted to find postage was only £4.
Arrived today. Basically a week from ordering - not bad for Royal Mail.

Will definitely be ordering from Prendas again.

Gerry.M

Postby Gerry.M » Fri May 24, 2013 3:26 pm

Ordered from Cell yesterday at 11am
Arrived today (Melbourne) at 12pm

Can't ask for better than that..