Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

duncan16v

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby duncan16v » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:33 pm

Another +1 for Wiggle and Chain Reaction.

I'm fed up with Cycling Express who seem unable to pack an item in the time it takes Wiggle to deliver stuff to Australia. Bah. I swore off 'em last year when they took three weeks to deliver a kid's bike that was in stock. Three weeks of phone calls, emails, tweets and facespace queries and when it finally turned up, I had to take it back to them to supply all the bits that were missing and to true the wheels. So much for $49 for assembly and checking and delivery. I allowed myself to be tempted with a freebie $30 voucher a week before Christmas. At least the stuff turned up this time even if it took 10 days.

Velogear in Melbourne had Dia Compe brakes and got them to me next day so top marks there. It's a pity they hardly stock anything i actually want because I'd buy from them again, no problem

spacehopper

Postby spacehopper » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:48 pm

Recently bought a Groupset through Ribble cycles in the uk. Great experience. Ordered on 16th December and arrived on 23rd.

nezumi

Postby nezumi » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:49 pm

I ordered my second c r c order on the 14th or 16th of December (I *think* 16th) and received the full order on the 20th.

2 x chains
1L degreaser
1 x cassette
1 x cassette tool
1 set disc brake pads

Great service and free delivery :D
2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4
2015 Merida Scultura 5000

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:34 pm

Ordered from Bikebug.com.au -

2 X Cateye Volt 300 lights (seriously great light for $49, blows my old Ay-Ups out of the water), and
Park Chain Brute tool to get the free shipping :lol:

Order was place on Boxing day, 26/12/13. They arrived yesterday 30/12/13. Pretty happy with that given the public holiday and the weekend. :D

rheicel

Postby rheicel » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:43 pm

I am not having luck with PBK.
1. Have to return SRAM Hydro kit after waiting for almost a month of delivery. It will probably take them another month to issue my refund.
2. Ordered a groupset 2 weeks ago. Website says they are in stock but when I followed up my order, PBK representative told me they are not in stock. I pulled the refund trigger straight away. What a waste of time and effort. Well at least the refund came in after a couple of hours.

I have used the money to get another gruppo, this time from Merlin.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

hinto12

Postby hinto12 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:50 pm

-1 http://www.probikekit.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thought I would share this beauty with the board

My wife ordered my a pair of Sidi shoes from probikekit.com.au for Christmas

They sent the wrong size, but when we tried to exchnage them they said the 14 day return policy had expired. My wife gently pointed out they had a 30 day policy, which they acknowledged, but then said that as the shoes had been "worn" when trying them on for size on Christmas morning they could not be exchanged.

Carrots

Postby Carrots » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:47 am

Recent order from Cell Bikes...

Quick turnaround, sent by Couriers Please which in theory would be overnight if not 3 day turnaround from Sydney to Adelaide, but christmas got in the way of that (no biggy).

However pretty disappointed with the way it was packaged - new set of Zipp Vuka Sprint bars and a pair of Salice glasses, just chucked into a satchel and sent, no packaging what so ever to protect them. Pretty disappointing.

Carrots

Postby Carrots » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:47 am

Recent order from Cell Bikes...

Quick turnaround, sent by Couriers Please which in theory would be overnight if not 3 day turnaround from Sydney to Adelaide, but christmas got in the way of that (no biggy).

However pretty disappointed with the way it was packaged - new set of Zipp Vuka Sprint bars and a pair of Salice glasses, just chucked into a satchel and sent, no packaging what so ever to protect them. Pretty disappointing.

tekapo

Postby tekapo » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:43 pm

Carrots wrote:Recent order from Cell Bikes...

I would check the bars for damage, there are so many ways a drop bar could have been damaged in transit if unprotected. Couriers and the postal system ain't exactly known for their gentle touch.

I ordered a flat bar from T7 a little while back, and it was in a big box by itself, and it was a 30 dollar bar not a 300 dollar bar, shipped by their "free" shipping along with some separately packed tires.

dudleygb

Postby dudleygb » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:21 pm

just bought shimano xc60, fox shorts, helmets and a few other things from pushy's. Excellent products and delivery was prompt. Ordered just after Boxing day, got it today 2nd Jan. Good experience.
Polygon COZMIC29 CX3.0

macski

Postby macski » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:33 am

Amazingly quick delivery from Bike Bug. Ordered some bits and pieces yesterday at 1.35 pm - parcel was delivered to home in Canberra at 7.30 am this morning. Couldn't believe it. :shock:

Have used them before and they were quick that time too. Will definitely shop with them again.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:54 am

Another speedy delivery from Wiggle thanks to DHL. Ordered Sunday night and arrived this morning, which given the New Year holiday is pretty quick. Full tracking and I subscribed to alerts so was emailed when the package cleared customs (last night) and was on board with the driver.

fil_farina

Postby fil_farina » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:57 am

Cell lagging on my latest order. Ordered some lube and gloves (that sounds dodgy), yet to be sent a confirmation order that it's been sent ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squeakywheel

Postby squeakywheel » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:47 am

fil_farina wrote:Cell lagging on my latest order. Ordered some lube and gloves (that sounds dodgy), yet to be sent a confirmation order that it's been sent ....

I have the same problem (items ordered on 29/12/13 before i realised they were shut til the new year). Also, when I log in it doesn't appear in my account. I've emailed a couple of times and have yet to receive a response.

Edit: and the online chat help isn't operational.

defy1

Postby defy1 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:03 pm

I have an issue with Cell as well, order that I placed on the 19th of Dec and still haven't received it.

No response as yet..understand they were on holidays till the 2nd of Jan.
Last edited by defy1 on Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fil_farina

Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby fil_farina » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:18 pm

Hmmm, not the best really. Cell should have the fact that they are closed plastered all over their website......

Carrots

Postby Carrots » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:26 pm

defy1 wrote:I have an issue with Cell as well, order that I placed on the 19th of Dec and still haven't received it.

Just to rub salt into the waiting wound... I ordered some gear on the 22/12... Was dispatched on the 23rd and received Monday 30/12 (Couriers Please were closed on the Friday after christmas otherwise would've arrived on Friday).

squeakywheel

Postby squeakywheel » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:38 pm

fil_farina wrote:Hmmm, not the best really. Cell should have the fact that they are closed plastered all over their website......

I agree, especially seeing as they were still sending emails promoting sales while they were closed.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:46 pm

Does anyone have any experience with T7? I ordered on Monday and received an order confirmation immediately but nothing since (such as dispatch confirmation).

tekapo

Postby tekapo » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:06 pm

biker jk wrote:Does anyone have any experience with T7? I ordered on Monday and received an order confirmation immediately but nothing since (such as dispatch confirmation).
They usually dispatch it a couple of days after the order. Mind you there was the Boxing day sales, and then the New Years holiday. So a bit of delay should be expected.

cancan64

Postby cancan64 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:24 pm

I placed an order with T7 on boxing day and had delivery before new years... with placed an order with target before me and still waiting

“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

cancan64

Postby cancan64 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:24 pm

Wife placed the above order with target... Bloody spell check

“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

fil_farina

Postby fil_farina » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:03 pm

Still yet to understand why these style businesses can't have dispatch within 24hrs with delivery via courier to anywhere in Australia within 2-5 days. Other vendors I deal with can do it, so why can't bike related ones?

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:08 pm

fil_farina wrote:Still yet to understand why these style businesses can't have dispatch within 24hrs with delivery via courier to anywhere in Australia within 2-5 days. Other vendors I deal with can do it, so why can't bike related ones?

I agree. Granted T7 is NZ based but Wiggle (UK based) got my order to me in five days. Both would have been effected by New Year holiday disruptions (admittedly Jan 2 is also a holiday in NZ).

defy1

Postby defy1 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:00 pm

Carrots wrote:
defy1 wrote:I have an issue with Cell as well, order that I placed on the 19th of Dec and still haven't received it.

Just to rub salt into the waiting wound... I ordered some gear on the 22/12... Was dispatched on the 23rd and received Monday 30/12 (Couriers Please were closed on the Friday after christmas otherwise would've arrived on Friday).
my order was dispatched soon afterwards as well....however CouriersPlease has send it to the wrong address. Tracking shows its being signed and delivered, but not to me.