Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

moreegolfer

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby moreegolfer » Thu May 03, 2012 1:27 pm

moreegolfer wrote:I checked My Account on the Wiggle site and the order is there 8)
Wiggle package arrived today so 7 days almost to their hour I placed my order. Happy days!

jimsheedy

Postby jimsheedy » Thu May 03, 2012 1:30 pm

MarkG wrote:I can't believe people still even bother asking wether Indo online stores are legit.
Indo = scam.
Prices = scam.
Western Union = scam.
Sorry . I promise never to do it again.

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Thu May 03, 2012 3:40 pm

jimsheedy wrote:
MarkG wrote:I can't believe people still even bother asking wether Indo online stores are legit.
Indo = scam.
Prices = scam.
Western Union = scam.
Sorry . I promise never to do it again.
Appology accepted! :)
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

jimsheedy

Postby jimsheedy » Thu May 03, 2012 3:46 pm

PM me your bank details and I'll send you $50 dollars as compensation

x8pg2qr

Postby x8pg2qr » Thu May 03, 2012 4:17 pm

Had a couple of good accessory orders from Pushys.com.au now. Prices seem to be approaching cellbikes levels (not quite, but reasonable).

Also, for some reason, the Garmin Edge 200 is cheaper locally than overseas. It is possible the price has been adjusted downwards in response to the “import extravaganza”.

Stuey

Postby Stuey » Mon May 07, 2012 10:58 pm

coffeeandwine wrote:Ground Effect
Ordered Tardis bike bag on 16/4/12, dispatched 17/4/12. Arrived 23/4/12. Always happy with quality of gear from GE.
Shouldn't that have arrived the day before you ordered it? :wink:

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Tue May 08, 2012 2:46 am

RibbleCycles - Deda headset, 2xbartape, 3xspacers, dog fang

Ordered 22/4
Shipped 24/4
Arrived 8/5

2 weeks on the dot.

durilium

Postby durilium » Tue May 08, 2012 12:26 pm

Bought an Ultegra 6700 chainset from c r c a few weeks ago which arrived cosmetically damaged so i returned it for exchange.

Recieved the replacement today and looked great so i fitted them, they don't spin straight(Both chainrings wobble from side to side a bit) like they should so are bent, after a few choice words i disassembled and reboxed them ready for return yet again.

Just to be 110% certain i refitted my existing Ultegra 6700 compacts and they spin straight and true like they should.

Both sets came in c r c's own oem box where as my compacts that i am replacing came in retail box and i had no issue with those at all. I am going to get a refund this time and buy the replacements from Wiggle and see how i go.

Dunno what is going on but it's not the only trouble i've had with items from c r c lately, it's almost like they are shipping out seconds, i never used to have any of these types of issues shopping with them only the last three months or so, first was a pair of rockshox recon golds with scratches in the gold coating all down one stanction.

I've also got a pair of ultegra front brakes that have a blown out pivot that cannot be tightened anymore to remove the sloppness that need to go back for warranty also, they are only 6mths old and well looked after.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Thu May 10, 2012 9:22 pm

Wiggle - Knog Boomer rear and a Deda top cap

30/4 - Ordered and paid
1/5 - processed and ready for dispatch
10/5 - in my hands

pricer then ribble, but quicker postage

_philly

Postby _philly » Fri May 11, 2012 12:03 pm

wiggle took about 8 days from the time i ordered.

Ribble took about 2 weeks :) i'm still pretty happy with it.

slidetaker

Postby slidetaker » Fri May 11, 2012 1:06 pm

CyclingExpress online.

Ordered 1 wheelset (in stock) and 2 tyres (dispatch 2-5 days) on 1 May, dispatched 8 May, received 9 May via AusPost.

7 working days. I am happy and will buy from them again. I am in outer Metro Melbourne.

TCAT

Postby TCAT » Fri May 11, 2012 5:15 pm

I purchased some tyres from the German company, Starbike. It took 18 days for Starbike to pack my order and 11 days for it to be transported from Germany to Australia. When I placed the order all items were in stock. I was not in a hurry for the goods but did expect a quicker delivery than 32 days. Wiggle & ProBikeKit are so much quicker from my experience.

Ordered: 9-4-12
Dispatched to DHL: 27-4-12
Arrived in AU: 8-5-12
Received by me: 11-5-12

pacra

Postby pacra » Fri May 11, 2012 9:37 pm

I've used Ribble quite a lot. Their prices are pretty much the same as the others, plus/minus a little.
The delivery is usually about 2 weeks from order confirm.
Total cycles have some really good older gear, but they seem to take about 3-4 weeks.
What I have noticed is the number of US online retailers who wont ship to Australia.

Big_Red

Postby Big_Red » Fri May 11, 2012 10:55 pm

Being a bit of a clydesdale rider, i've been looking out for a new wheelset and found www.bike24.net which stocks a 36H Mavic CXP33 wheelset with ultegra hubs and a 9 speed ultegra CS-6500 cassette. Cost including shipping is about 300 euros (approx AU$395 atm) and i was wondering if anyone here has used them before and how long it took for their stuff to get from Germany to Australia.

ozdavo

Postby ozdavo » Sat May 12, 2012 12:10 am

Big_Red wrote:Being a bit of a clydesdale rider, i've been looking out for a new wheelset and found http://www.bike24.net which stocks a 36H Mavic CXP33 wheelset with ultegra hubs and a 9 speed ultegra CS-6500 cassette. Cost including shipping is about 300 euros (approx AU$395 atm) and i was wondering if anyone here has used them before and how long it took for their stuff to get from Germany to Australia.
CXP33 is a low spec rim. For a strong cheap wheel check out Pro-lite Como's http://www.pro-liteoz.com/store/index.p ... oductId=61 Talk to Deon (often lurking these parts), gives great support to their products.
Always looking for new rides & ride partners in SE QLD area

Big_Red

Postby Big_Red » Sat May 12, 2012 12:18 am

Being 110kg + a light wheel won't cut it for me and as the Pro-Lite Como wheelset is 20H front/24H rear i'd probably break spokes or destroy it in short order. Pro-Lite don't do high spoke count wheels afaik.

bprb

Postby bprb » Sat May 12, 2012 2:01 pm

I haven't used bike24, so can't comment on shipping, but I think you've got exactly the right idea, and that price looks good to me. 36 spokes makes total sense at your weight — I wouldn't even be thinking about the low spoke wheels, because sooner or later you'll break a spoke and if there's 35 left you can ride home instead of calling a cab.

I certainly don't think of CXP33s as a low spec rim, and Ultegra hubs are nice. DuraAce hubs do have better seals and are easier to adjust after servicing, but they cost a lot more too. If you ride in the wet often, you just need to service the Ultegra hubs a bit more, but that's not overly hard to do.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sat May 12, 2012 3:51 pm

Big_Red wrote:Being 110kg + a light wheel won't cut it for me and as the Pro-Lite Como wheelset is 20H front/24H rear i'd probably break spokes or destroy it in short order. Pro-Lite don't do high spoke count wheels afaik.
i have the como's and i'm not kind on my wheels (i weight mid 80's, and wear a backpack commuting - broke 2 spoke in 4 months on my shimano RS10s). more than happy to recommend them for you. as said above dion is around here and am sure will sniff out the pro-lite reference and post shortly.

the como's run 20/24 BUT they are 3.2mm spokes, not 2mm. they are heavy, spin well and are strong.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Sat May 12, 2012 4:51 pm

CXP33's are very nice rims... Can be built up super tough... Only wish they did a tubular version... I would have my perfect cyclocross wheel set.

TimW

Postby TimW » Sat May 12, 2012 5:19 pm

jasonc wrote:
Big_Red wrote:Being 110kg + a light wheel won't cut it for me and as the Pro-Lite Como wheelset is 20H front/24H rear i'd probably break spokes or destroy it in short order. Pro-Lite don't do high spoke count wheels afaik.
i have the como's and i'm not kind on my wheels (i weight mid 80's, and wear a backpack commuting - broke 2 spoke in 4 months on my shimano RS10s). more than happy to recommend them for you. as said above dion is around here and am sure will sniff out the pro-lite reference and post shortly.

the como's run 20/24 BUT they are 3.2mm spokes, not 2mm. they are heavy, spin well and are strong.
I have como's on my second bike, i rate them very highly, and will buy another set down the track, great value almost bullet proof wheels.Tim (86 kg)

zoom bean

Postby zoom bean » Sat May 12, 2012 6:20 pm

Big_Red wrote:Being a bit of a clydesdale rider, i've been looking out for a new wheelset and found http://www.bike24.net which stocks a 36H Mavic CXP33 wheelset with ultegra hubs and a 9 speed ultegra CS-6500 cassette. Cost including shipping is about 300 euros (approx AU$395 atm) and i was wondering if anyone here has used them before and how long it took for their stuff to get from Germany to Australia.
Expect at least 3 weeks in my experience. Have ordered from them 3-4 times and each time have been a minimum of 3 weeks to a max of 10 weeks (the 10 weeks was delayed due to accidentally sending to the order to Austria instead of Australia). Have just ordered a second set of the wheelset mentioned above, this one left 24th of April according to the tracking, yet to arrive but am not overly worried and expect it to arrive soon.

Big_Red

Postby Big_Red » Sat May 12, 2012 9:00 pm

zoom bean wrote:
Expect at least 3 weeks in my experience. Have ordered from them 3-4 times and each time have been a minimum of 3 weeks to a max of 10 weeks (the 10 weeks was delayed due to accidentally sending to the order to Austria instead of Australia). Have just ordered a second set of the wheelset mentioned above, this one left 24th of April according to the tracking, yet to arrive but am not overly worried and expect it to arrive soon.
Thanks zoom bean (and others!) bike24 look to have only slightly slower shipping than what i've experienced from Wiggle/Evans/c r c. For the mid 80's riders out there, sure, a light wheel might be nice for you, but i'll kill it pretty quickly. Having a 2kg wheelset would not phase me at all with my riding on the roadbike - most of my work commutes have been on the mtb which weighs 17kg! Currently running an old mavic rim (20+ years old and not a V section like the CXP33) on my steel frame Paconi with Campagnolo Record freewheel hubs and a 6 speed Suntour Winner cassette. Spoke breakages only started to happen after i'd ridden it for about 600km and i managed to throw the chain between the cassette and the spokes one ride. :( The resultant "chainsawing" action has obviously weakened the spokes on the drive side of the wheel enough so that breakages are inevitable.

edit: Has anyone seen a better deal for the CXP33 with ultegra hubs + cassette than bike24?

galactictuan

Postby galactictuan » Sun May 13, 2012 8:18 pm

zoom bean wrote: Have ordered from them 3-4 times and each time have been a minimum of 3 weeks to a max of 10 weeks (the 10 weeks was delayed due to accidentally sending to the order to Austria instead of Australia).
Gotta admit, that made me literally lol.

bprb

Postby bprb » Sun May 13, 2012 9:42 pm

galactictuan wrote:
zoom bean wrote: Have ordered from them 3-4 times and each time have been a minimum of 3 weeks to a max of 10 weeks (the 10 weeks was delayed due to accidentally sending to the order to Austria instead of Australia).
Gotta admit, that made me literally lol.
Reminds me of the time I contacted Giro (the helmet manufacturer) in the US to ask for contact details of their Australian distributor. The name and number they sent seemed odd, and yes, it was the Austrian distributor. I actually had trouble getting the Giro customer service person to understand the problem with that.

zakka101

Postby zakka101 » Mon May 14, 2012 2:06 pm

cycling express. second time i have used them and wont be the last, love them!
cheap prices, had everything i needed! im excited.

ordered on a wednesday afternoon, got the dispatch email friday morning. received goods monday morning. wasnt in a rush to get the goods so i was pretty happy with how it all turned out!

Thanks cyclingexpress!