Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

tubby74

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby tubby74 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:31 pm

ordered commuter bike through wiggle. somehow despite selecting au$ I managed to place the order through one of their other domains so the price was in US$ instead. the invoice I was sent makes no mention of currency so had no idea until I saw the credit card charge for $100 more than I thought I was paying, and by then it was too late to cancel. At best I could refuse delivery (took 12 days anyway), and another 5 weeks for refund.
decided rather than wait long i'd just cop it and assembled the bike to find the front brake is badly warped. c r c were awesome to deal with when I had a problem there, dispatching a replacement within hours, be interesting to see how wiggle go

Carrots

Postby Carrots » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:10 pm

tubby74 wrote:ordered commuter bike through wiggle. somehow despite selecting au$ I managed to place the order through one of their other domains so the price was in US$ instead. the invoice I was sent makes no mention of currency so had no idea until I saw the credit card charge for $100 more than I thought I was paying, and by then it was too late to cancel. At best I could refuse delivery (took 12 days anyway), and another 5 weeks for refund.
decided rather than wait long i'd just cop it and assembled the bike to find the front brake is badly warped. c r c were awesome to deal with when I had a problem there, dispatching a replacement within hours, be interesting to see how wiggle go
Funny how some of us can have the complete opposite experience with some of these dealers... I had nothing but hell with c r c over a Garmin watch with a broken strap (the refunded it and I sent it back 10 weeks later - and now 3 months later I get an email saying can you get Aus Post to track it as it's never shown up). And polar opposite with Wiggle - been fab.

Hope the warped brake gets fixed asap!

boss

Postby boss » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:47 am

biker jk wrote:
fil_farina wrote:Still yet to understand why these style businesses can't have dispatch within 24hrs with delivery via courier to anywhere in Australia within 2-5 days. Other vendors I deal with can do it, so why can't bike related ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. Granted T7 is NZ based but Wiggle (UK based) got my order to me in five days. Both would have been effected by New Year holiday disruptions (admittedly Jan 2 is also a holiday in NZ).
T7 use Aus Post, which are a a shocker this time of year.

I sent several parcels (for a business I run) via AusPost on the 16th and 17th of December. Plenty of time to arrive before Christmas, given that you can expect 2-3 day delivery between capital cities.

Not.

They didn't get to the recipients until the 29th.

I wouldn't believe it, except for the fact I put the bloody things in the mailbox myself.

scirocco

Postby scirocco » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:35 am

Ordered an Ultegra groupset from Merlin Cycles in the UK on the 28th December. Dispatched the same day and delivered Thurs 2nd January. Cheapest anywhere on the internet, 5 days door to door and no whinging about disruptions due to the holidays.

By comparison ordered a wheelset from Torpedo 7 on the 31st December and it has not even been dispatched yet.

rheicel

Postby rheicel » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:42 am

scirocco wrote:Ordered an Ultegra groupset from Merlin Cycles in the UK on the 28th December. Dispatched the same day and delivered Thurs 2nd January. Cheapest anywhere on the internet, 5 days door to door and no whinging about disruptions due to the holidays.
Good! This only means that my 'impulse buy' will be delivered this week :D

fil_farina

Postby fil_farina » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:22 pm

May have just discovered 'pushys' over the last few days, I can see big dollars disappearing here I think......

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:51 pm

fil_farina wrote:May have just discovered 'pushys' over the last few days, I can see big dollars disappearing here I think......

Seriously? I always find them hideously expensive... Ie nearly $100 for a set of enve brake pads compared with wiggles $66... Nearly $50 gor an enve tshist... $20USD on the enve website... I guess it just depends what u buy :-)

tekapo

Postby tekapo » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:41 pm

Dr_Mutley wrote:Seriously? I always find them hideously expensive... Ie nearly $100 for a set of enve brake pads compared with wiggles $66... Nearly $50 gor an enve tshist... $20USD on the enve website... I guess it just depends what u buy :-)
They do have some decent clearance prices every now and then. Got a Basil double pannier for 36 bucks with a free shipping code a while back, and pair of Slant Sixes for 34, again with the free shipping. Their normal prices are not too enticing though.

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:22 pm

tekapo wrote:
Dr_Mutley wrote:Seriously? I always find them hideously expensive... Ie nearly $100 for a set of enve brake pads compared with wiggles $66... Nearly $50 gor an enve tshist... $20USD on the enve website... I guess it just depends what u buy :-)
They do have some decent clearance prices every now and then. Got a Basil double pannier for 36 bucks with a free shipping code a while back, and pair of Slant Sixes for 34, again with the free shipping. Their normal prices are not too enticing though.
Thought as much... I've never really had a good look on their site, but just seen their buy now prices on eBay, and they are just over the top...

tubby74

Postby tubby74 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:43 am

Carrots wrote: Funny how some of us can have the complete opposite experience with some of these dealers... I had nothing but hell with c r c over a Garmin watch with a broken strap (the refunded it and I sent it back 10 weeks later - and now 3 months later I get an email saying can you get Aus Post to track it as it's never shown up). And polar opposite with Wiggle - been fab.
Hope the warped brake gets fixed asap!
Got mail back on Monday night (I mailed them Friday night aus time) saying they will either send a new disc or I can take it to a local store to replace, scan the receipt and they will reimburse it. Normally would just say send the part but don't want to wait, TBSM have plenty of rotors in stock and I need to visit to get mtb serviced anyway.

tekapo

Postby tekapo » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:54 am

Dr_Mutley wrote: Thought as much... I've never really had a good look on their site, but just seen their buy now prices on eBay, and they are just over the top...
Their eBay prices includes "free" shipping, can't remember the exact number, its usually 5-10 bucks more than their website price. But less than their website price + website shipping. So if you are order one item, then go via eBay. If you are buying more, wait for a free shipping code. Or buy above the minimum spend of the website free shipping.

fil_farina

Postby fil_farina » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:08 am

Pushys had gear I've been looking for, for a while. Service appears to be pretty good so far too. I'm happy to pay a little more for good service, plus they're Aussie

Rex

Postby Rex » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:44 am

Bought a new K-Edge Camera mount direct from the K-Edge Australian distributors, De Grandi Cycle & Sport. Cheaper than anywhere I could find.
Order was processed near-immediately.

I have selected '1-day express postage' so let's see if I receive this today, considering I'm in Perth.

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:12 pm

Carrots wrote:Recent order from Cell Bikes...

Quick turnaround, sent by Couriers Please which in theory would be overnight if not 3 day turnaround from Sydney to Adelaide, but christmas got in the way of that (no biggy).

However pretty disappointed with the way it was packaged - new set of Zipp Vuka Sprint bars and a pair of Salice glasses, just chucked into a satchel and sent, no packaging what so ever to protect them. Pretty disappointing.
Hi Carrots. Thanks for your feedback. If anyone gets send a package they aren't happy with, regarding how it's packed, please take a pic and email it to me (mark@this link is broken).
Carrots, please email me, I have something for you.

-website mgr Mark
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.this link is broken/contact-us

petal665

Postby petal665 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:36 pm

tekapo wrote:
petal665 wrote:Ordered from cyclingexpress at the same time, not one piece of correspondence yet. Australian service suuuuuucks.
To be fair, Cyclingexpress online is a Chinese/Hong Kong company.
Indeed. That seems to have changed since I last paid cyclingexpress any notice. Looks like they moved to HK a few months back.

baldy1975

Postby baldy1975 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:01 pm

Ordered some loob and 2 new tires on 29th Dec and still not here. Will be my first and last Cell order. Not had this problem with other purchases from other suppliers.

MDL

Postby MDL » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:06 pm

baldy1975 wrote:Ordered some loob and 2 new tires on 29th Dec and still not here. Will be my first and last Cell order. Not had this problem with other purchases from other suppliers.

Give them a call. Somthings not right, last time i ordered it was shipping in 3 hours and received an email to say this.

Matthew

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:46 pm

baldy1975 wrote:Ordered some loob and 2 new tires on 29th Dec and still not here. Will be my first and last Cell order. Not had this problem with other purchases from other suppliers.
Hi baldy1975,

Apologies for your wait. We strive for our orders to be received within 48hrs (2 business days) from the time you order, if you live in a metro area.
Please email me your order number and I'll see what's going on and get you sorted mate.

Thanks for your consideration and I look forward to doing everything I can to make it up to you.

(mark@this link is broken) - website mgr Mark

Sweeper59

Postby Sweeper59 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:03 am

I've bought a number of items from Cell over the past few years, including clothing, tyres and lights, and I've been impressed with their service every time. I've even had deliveries arrive in Port Macquarie within 24 hours of ordering. I once ordered cycling shoes which didn't fit, but even posting them back and a receiving a replacement pair took less than 10 days.
Giant TCR 0
Nobody looks back on their life....and remembers the nights they got plenty of sleep !!

MDL

Postby MDL » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:13 pm

PBK - not on shipping. no tracking number. so support on eta on arrival. Got an answer of "upto 30 days"

Think i rather pay the $6 from wiggle, get a tracking number and be here in 6 business days.

Matthew

baldy1975

Postby baldy1975 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:02 pm

Well finally they arrived today. Well packed just abit disapointed with the time it took. Im in Tamworth, nthern Nsw. But still shouldnt take that long.

squeakywheel

Postby squeakywheel » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:20 pm

baldy1975 wrote:
Well finally they arrived today. Well packed just abit disapointed with the time it took. Im in Tamworth, nthern Nsw. But still shouldnt take that long.
I live one suburb away and mine took the same amount of time!

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:27 am

Hi baldy1975 & squeakywheel, apologies for the amount of time it took to receive your packages.

We had some network issues that caused our shipping operations to experience delays on the 2nd of January when we came back.

baldy1975 & squekywheel, please email me (mark@this link is broken) and I'd like an opportunity to offer you something that will show you we appreciate your constructive and honest feedback and that we will always do our best to improve.

-website mgr Mark

baldy1975

Postby baldy1975 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:37 pm

Thanks for the reply Mark.

schroeds

Postby schroeds » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:48 pm

Put in a big order at competitive cyclist. .. Then they sent me an email saying a number of items couldn't be sent to Australia. Annoying after is spent all that time shopping. Anyways I wrote back yesterday morning telling them what to refund . No reply

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Not so much a cyclist...more of a sit down comedian