Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

hamishm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby hamishm » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:05 pm

lynskey_rider wrote:When I contacted them about both issues, the reply was "contact the manufacturer directly".
The correct response to that is to mention Australian Consumer Law. Their response is unacceptable.

deadwax

Postby deadwax » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:41 pm

Just a little note; Bicycle Store don't seem to publish negative reviews, positive ones go up no problem though.

lynskey_rider

Postby lynskey_rider » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:52 pm

hamishm wrote:
lynskey_rider wrote:When I contacted them about both issues, the reply was "contact the manufacturer directly".
The correct response to that is to mention Australian Consumer Law. Their response is unacceptable.
Yep, after a quick Google of the ACCC that's what I told them. Tune changed.

Arbuckle23

Postby Arbuckle23 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:50 pm

Ordered parts from Bike Bug, Pushys & Wiggle last Wednesday.

Bike Bug parts turned up Thursday.
Pushys parts yesterday.
Wiggle parts today.

So Bike Bug, wow! :o
Wiggle, exceptional time from GB. :)
Pushys a bit slow, but acceptable. :|

caneye

Postby caneye » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:38 am

Wiggle parcel was delivered yesterday (Easter Monday). I thought it was a public holiday.

Impressed, to say the least.

TheWall

Postby TheWall » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:13 pm

Bought an assortment of cassettes, chains, tubes, SIS gels & clothes tonight. Cast the net fairly wide in the search (manflu is keeping me off the bike for a couple of days) and the order got split between Chain Reaction & Wiggle.

Their pricing was very different on identical items with Wiggle winning the clothes and SIS and Chain Reaction, courtesy of bundling, was significantly cheaper on the drive train goodies.

Wonder which will arrive 1st...

Jawa

Postby Jawa » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:58 am

After too many to count orders from Wiggle over the years I finally had a dud order through them. 16 days to arrive instead of the advertised 7, then when it finally arrived the box appears to have been compromised as it was sticky taped back up. Had a front light missing from my order, thankfully my new Oakleys were still there

Wiggle were quick to refund me the cost of the light as it was no longer in stock but I’d still prefer to have it nonetheless

Ordered a Kinesis Racelight 4S frameset from Pushy’s this week too. They had my size plus a I had $20 voucher, so $540 odd before postage which took 48 hours from Bris to Syd which was good
Not sure the RRP of these frames, they seem to go for $800 to $1000 odd online but im happy with the price I paid. Going to be the base for my for my first bike build

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:15 pm

Rapha - ordered a bundled kit so free postage. Tried the 5 day Aus Post option that i havnt seen before, usually only FedEx.

Wed 4/4 - ordered
Wed 4/4 - dispatched
Mon 9/4 - arrived.

nickobec

Postby nickobec » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:20 pm

Ordered Love The Pain kit end of December, supposed turn around time was 6 weeks (made to demand) 17 weeks later 2 of 3 items ordered are made (but still in US) but third item is MIA according to them. Customer service is bad. One I would definitely not recommend.
**** Update order delivered 26 April - took just under four months *****
Last edited by nickobec on Wed May 02, 2018 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

syu

Postby syu » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:48 pm

I'm sure it's already been discussed how Wiggle has been on a downward spiral in the last 6 months or more in regards to stock levels being pretty terrible and prices on the increase.

But Wiggle's free shipping threshold has jumped back up to $80 from $49 - that was short lived. W T F Wiggle.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:00 pm

Great service from Bike24 from whom I hadn't ordered in many years. Prices were competitive and delivered in 8 days which was much faster than the two weeks I recall as typical many years ago.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:47 pm

Ordered a pair of Knicks from monton sports. Arrived in 2 days. Quality feels good. Will see how they feel on the bike

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:53 pm

Jawa wrote:
Ordered a Kinesis Racelight 4S frameset from Pushy’s ..
I grabbed one of these as a quick replacement for the Volagi when I discovered a cracked seat tube. Have 3,000km on it already and love it.

A word of warning, the fork DOES need the expander on the lower crown so the lower bearing sits on properly. The Kenisis instructions were useless.

Of course, after I got the frame, it was cheaper a week after, but still happy with the $760 I paid. I phoned them and managed to get a bit more discount on the other bits I ordered at the same time, so happy.

What colour/size did you get ? I got the 56cm in Blue

Jawa

Postby Jawa » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:33 am

MichaelB wrote:
Jawa wrote:
Ordered a Kinesis Racelight 4S frameset from Pushy’s ..
A word of warning, the fork DOES need the expander on the lower crown so the lower bearing sits on properly. The Kenisis instructions were useless.

What colour/size did you get ? I got the 56cm in Blue
Thanks for the heads up, will file that info away for when I build it. Never built up a bike before so when it comes to learning im like a sponge with this sort of stuff

I got the blue one in size 60, $540 after a $20 discount voucher I had, but then $30 for postage so $570 all in.
I'm pretty happy with that

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:39 am

Jawa wrote: Thanks for the heads up, will file that info away for when I build it. Never built up a bike before so when it comes to learning im like a sponge with this sort of stuff

I got the blue one in size 60, $540 after a $20 discount voucher I had, but then $30 for postage so $570 all in.
I'm pretty happy with that
Nice price. Bike was pretty easy to build up, and all the bits are there. Drop me a line if you need anything.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:30 am

Had to do some quick stocking up of various bits in prep for winter, and had to do 4 separate orders from 4 places to get what I was after. We'll see how each of them does ;

ebay - M5 bolts (button head cap screw ones) to get more clearance for the F3 FormMount I just reviewed - to get the Bolt a bit closer to the bars
BikeINN - Gripgrab CyclinGaiters - 1st order from them, and we'll see how they go
PBK - Bluemels mudguards (need new ones to fit the Kenisis 4S), 4th Hand cable pliers & gear cables to get to free shipping
Chain Reaction - Rain overshoes, toe covers & 28C Michelin Power All Season road tyres

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:13 pm

A couple decent orders from Merlin/c r c/T7.

Merlin
17/4 - ordered
17/4 - shipped
20/4 - arrived and currently out for delivery

c r c
17/4 - ordered
18/4 - shipped
20/4 - has arrived in perth,

T7
18/4 - ordered
19/4 - shipped

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:29 am

MichaelB wrote:Had to do some quick stocking up of various bits in prep for winter, and had to do 4 separate orders from 4 places to get what I was after. We'll see how each of them does ;

ebay - M5 bolts (button head cap screw ones) to get more clearance for the F3 FormMount I just reviewed - to get the Bolt a bit closer to the bars
BikeINN - Gripgrab CyclinGaiters - 1st order from them, and we'll see how they go
PBK - Bluemels mudguards (need new ones to fit the Kenisis 4S), 4th Hand cable pliers & gear cables to get to free shipping
Chain Reaction - Rain overshoes, toe covers & 28C Michelin Power All Season road tyres
So quick update - nothing landed yet, but all have indicated that they have been shipped, with the BikeInn stuff shipping last.

Zippy7

Postby Zippy7 » Tue May 01, 2018 10:00 pm

Chain Reaction - ordered 23 April, delivered 1 May.
The box was clearly marked Chain Reaction with RIDE EAT SLEEP REPEAT plastered on it.
Still very good delivery time, and no problem with the order.
Just seems the brakes I ordered have been tested or something, as the pads don't appear completely brand new...
Successful trades : Rheicel, Je, wgc138, 2ndeffort, celeste boy, rodneycc

nickobec

Postby nickobec » Wed May 02, 2018 12:06 am

BikeInn ordered 21 April 15% off sale, bought 2 pairs of winter shorts, only got 15% off one pair, as the other pair had already been heavily discounted (ie 60% of the Wiggle price), so that was ok.
Shipped 30 April, annoyed by the delay, I expected a few days to ship in middle of sale and weekend. But got a little sweetener, a refund via paypal, BikeInn decided a I should have 15% off the whole order, so 15% off the second set of bibs. With no cold or wet weather due, I am a happy customer.

Arbuckle23

Postby Arbuckle23 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:30 am

Returning a faulty item to Pushys.
They could not be more helpful.
Very pleasant experience.

syu

Postby syu » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:34 am

Merlin order made yesterday, already received a dispatch email - it shipped 2pm Sunday their time.

So that's something I learnt, they dispatch on a Sunday. I was fully expecting it to ship on Monday their time.

PBK order also made.

Wiggle's prices are just not competitive and the issues with stock levels. Merlin free shipping threshold is only $10 more and PBK is $5 less.

I'd expect an influx of overseas orders arriving on our shores in the month of June.

gtext

Postby gtext » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:26 pm

Placed a order on line with Highly Tuned Athletes Hampton yesterday for a Garmin Edge 1030 and Garmin Varia radar tail light. Their website shows "now in stock" for both. Next day delivery advertised if in stock but expected that I may have missed their deadline. Rang today to check and was told by them that they had to order more 1030's should ship Tuesday and no stock on the radar should be later this month. He seemed surprised when I said that their website said both in stock.
Guess I was sucked in by their false advertising and not contacting me to say so. Lesson learnt to ring first next time.
Hopefully both eventually arrive or I'll go and see them personally.

Dcyclist

Postby Dcyclist » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:10 pm

Ordered a new bike online from 99Bikes to replace my broken bike. Merida Scultura 5000 got a great price. The website said 2-7 days delivery. Ordered Wednesday night last week, on Thursday morning I received a text to confirm that my order was received and the bike was being prepared, that afternoon I got another text to say that the bike was ready to be picked up that afternoon from my nominated store. It was great to be able to take it to work the next day, then out for a good ride on Saturday. Very impressed with the service from 99Bikes Bentleigh.
Dave
Merida Scultura 5000
Bianchi C2C Via Nirone

WhingingPom

Postby WhingingPom » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:00 am

lynskey_rider wrote:I have given up on Pushys.

Have spent $2000 + in last 3 months with them and two items have failed straight out of the box.

When I contacted them about both issues, the reply was "contact the manufacturer directly".

When customer service is the only thing that these shops have over O/S online stores, they can't afford to be so poor. I am voting with my feet and my wallet
I had a similar response from them when the strap failed on a pair of SIDI shoes after 8 months. Apparently, they "don't provide a warranty on shoes" as nobody knows how they're used. Spoke to Cassons (local distributor) who sent a replacement strap out the same day.

On the plus side, it's one less online shop to compare prices at. Won't touch them with a barge pole.