Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

HAKS

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby HAKS » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:09 am

Happy with Wiggle's local return process.

Sent some shoes back to the Aus address 2.5weeks ago. Cost $15 to get them there. Got the refund from Wiggle today and they took another $15 to cover the additional postage. So all up $30 to return the item whereas if I sent it directly I was looking at $50-60. Time-frame is a little slower as in the past when I've sent items direct they usually arrive within about a week but I'm happy for it to take a little longer if I save some $.
Current Ride: Trek Madone 6.5 (2013)

jd73

Postby jd73 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:39 pm

I have to disagree on Wiggle returns. I recntly returned locally a faulty item and it took nearly a month. Previously when I have posted to the UK it is 2 weeks max.

Postage may be cheaper usimg the local return, but as it was a faulty item wiggle pay for postage anyway. In future i will return direct to the UK

HAKS

Postby HAKS » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:54 pm

Guess the local return time frame will vary. I assume they only dispatch the goods back to the UK when they have a certain amount. If you fall within a slow period you could be waiting longer then if you happen to get something to them just as a larger return shipment is about to leave.

I think for small parts I would go direct as the postage savings wouldn't be much. However large/heavy items are likely going to be cheaper going via the Aus system.
Current Ride: Trek Madone 6.5 (2013)

linds

Postby linds » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:15 pm

linds wrote:ordered a cassette from c r c on 27 May. It was despatched 28 May. No sign of it since. From what I have since read, c r c is to be avoided if you want things within a month.
arrived;took 13 business days.

within their guidelines.

no tracking information available only dispatch date. So if it got lost you would not know until about 20 business days have passed..not a great system.

lobstermash

Postby lobstermash » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:33 am

G'day all. First post, having lurked for about a week. Being budget conscious and not knowing much at all about bike brands and such (I'm OK with a spanner, though), I stumbled across Reid and was impressed with what I could get for the $$$. It's hard to get honest and unbiased info on Reid bikes, and I don't live in a city with a Reid shop.

Their responses to email inquiries were pretty slow (my initial inquiry took a couple of days to get a response), sometimes with contradicting answers or straight out misinformation, however the bikes arrived safe and sound pretty quickly (next day delivery).

My wife was largely able to put hers together before I got home, in spite of the lack of instructions. She got a X229, which I'm pretty impressed with so far. I got a Falco Elite with Mavic wheels. The wheel set upgrade comes in a separate box and you have to change the cassette over yourself. I didn't have the right tool on hand, so my back wheel is still the heavy Alex. The only other issue I had with both bikes was that the Alex wheels needed a thorough trueing. The Mavics were perfect out of the box as expected. The dreaded 'free stuff' in the box didn't include a drink bottle or holder, the pump is worse than the cheapest K-mart pump, however the lights are perfect (I prefer a spotlight-free bike path) and the lock useful enough.

I wasn't planning on riding the Falco to work tomorrow, however it did so well on the test ride (which ended up being a bit further than planned) I reckon I'll make the journey.

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:47 pm

Big smile with Wiggle and ProBikeKit both got a order to me within 7 days.

Wiggle did let me know I item was now not in stock at time of pick but 3 days later got an email that it was on the way.

Based on past experience I will be picking it up Monday.
James
Veni, Vidi, Vespa -- I Came, I Saw, I Rode Home

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:58 am

Venus62 wrote:
Philipthelam wrote: T7 is overseas as well
I had not realised the physical address was in NZ. Thanks for that. I guess that does explain things a little better.
Hmm same here but I now have my order :mrgreen: and the sizing chart for me, has been spot on for the tights and arm warmers = 180cm 110kg :oops: = XXl and L. :)

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:18 pm

danny the boy wrote:Ordered a new saddle from Cell yesterday 10:30am, arrived midday today. Best bit was I didnt get the dodgy courier driver from my previous orders which had stopped my buying from them. Will bookmark their webpage back into my favourites. :D Better price than any of the o/s sites I looked up too.
Hi danny, thanks for the feedback. Hope that dodgy driver has found a different job!

Also, I've been away for the past 2 weeks getting married in Thailand, so I look forward to answering questions, or helping anyone out regarding an order or ordering experience. It's good to be back, thanks everyone.
-website mgr Mark
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.this link is broken/contact-us

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:00 pm

Congratulations Mark!
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

defy1

Postby defy1 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:20 pm

Whens the CELL shop opening in Melbourne..?

defy1

Postby defy1 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:45 pm

linds wrote:ordered a cassette from c r c on 27 May. It was despatched 28 May. No sign of it since. From what I have since read, c r c is to be avoided if you want things within a month.
+1 ordered some pedals a while back and never received them. Had to wait 2.5 months to get my refund.

Redbull

Postby Redbull » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:24 pm

c r c are pretty slow over the past couple of months. I wonder if I'm just a bit impatient because they have been coming so quickly previously.

Wiggle have been smashing records getting stuff here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:09 pm

Wiggle order placed on Monday this week and arrived at my office today (Thursday). DHL rock!

Also ordered something non-cycling related from an East Coast US vendor on Friday last week. It arrived on Monday after travelling all weekend. Again DHL.

Cheers, Simon
Sent from my mApple myPad using Tapatalk HD
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

Ross

Postby Ross » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:23 pm

Placed an order for a few things from Wiggle about a month ago and 5 out of the 6 items were sent and I received them in about a week. Usual good service. The part that was on backorder I wasn't in a hurry for, had basically just ordered it to pad the order to get it over the free postage threshold. Anyway, I received an email from Wiggle on Friday saying they have cancelled the backorder and have refunded my Paypal account. I didn't have to email them or ring them to get the backorder cancelled, they did everything they needed to do themselves without any prompting from me.

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:55 pm

defy1 wrote:Whens the CELL shop opening in Melbourne..?
Hi defy1, soft opening this past Saturday. GRAND Opening this Saturday!!! (29 June)
-website mgr Mark

marckietan

Buying from Goldcross website

Postby marckietan » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:48 pm

Just to share my experience buying from the Goldcross website last week. Ordered online for delivery to Sydney on 18th June. 19th June - email from Goldcross saying that one of the items I ordered was unavailable and that it would be refunded. Come 24th of June...no email saying that my order had been shipped so I rung their number.

Very helpful person on the call, apologised for the delay and said he would call back once he had checked on the status of my order. When he came back, he said that one other item was unavailable and that they would need to refund that as well.

all in all...disappointing online experience although the guys who helped on the call was super helpful. However I did have to chase up the order and their online system clearly doesnt reflect real time stock.

rheicel

Postby rheicel » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:14 pm

Go Cellbikes, go!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:18 am

rheicel wrote:Go Cellbikes, go!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks rheicel! If anyone visits the new store, please feel free to send me and email with feedback! (mark@this link is broken).

Pedaling

Postby Pedaling » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:37 pm

I purchased three lights from CELL on Friday night, and they arrived today (Tuesday).
Lights are great for under three dollars each (88% off), and very prompt delivery. :D
After this experience I would definately recommend using them.
Thanks CELL!
"Life is just a ride" Bill Hicks
2012 C59 Colnago
2013 Giant TCR

andione1983

Postby andione1983 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:22 pm

A happy wiggle customer here brilliant quick postage from the UK to australia in about 3-4 days.
I will be back

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2
Road Bike - Giant Advanced Defy 2 (2018)
MTB - Boardman Team Pro (2013)

slian

Postby slian » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:31 am

Been having a disconcerting experience with Rapha recently.

Ordered 2 items in an order but only one arrived in the post.

Emailed them about it, waited a week, no reply. Emailed them again a few days ago, still waiting for reply.

Anyone has any recent experience with Rapha, good or bad?

Slvr32gtr

Postby Slvr32gtr » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:44 pm

I put an order in with Bikebug on Monday. It arrived today and was well packed.

Very happy with the service, pricing and automated updates given through the process. Big thumbs up to them!

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:59 pm

Ordered crank from Merlin Cycles last Wed, arrived today.

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:31 pm

Ordered some Speedplay pedals from Cell Bike this arvo, dispatched within the hour.
Brilliant!

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:55 pm

Ordered new arm pads for TT on Sunday night from Wiggle, arrived today..