Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

jasonc

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jasonc » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:27 am

aive wrote:Ordered a Garmin Edge 520 from Pushys on the weekend, and it arrived today (Tuesday)... and Monday was a public holiday.... amazing :P

The tracking details say it was shipped and delivered same day - not sure if that's right, or if they're based in Brissie or something...
Their warehouse is around Salisbury

DG1984

Postby DG1984 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:24 pm

Ordered from Wiggle on the 17th (Sunday, so Saturday over there). Received yesterday. I was expecting a couple of weeks, so not bad.

Now to return the incorrect sized garments...

Zippy7

Postby Zippy7 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:38 pm

Interesting to read the recent commentary on ProBikeKit.

I ordered from them 10pm 16th April and it arrived this morning. Box was a bit crushed, but contents appear to be fine. 10 calendar days is a good result for UK seller (yes, I knew they were UK as I had ordered from them years ago). No freebies this time around. I think I got some High5 freebies (samples) with my very first order with them. This time I spent >AUD$300 and no freebies...

I was even able to take advantage of an additional discount for not having bought from them for a while...

Bikebug were great too.
Ordered last Thursday morning, went to pickup from North Sydney store on Friday.
All good.
Successful trades : Rheicel, Je, wgc138, 2ndeffort, celeste boy, rodneycc

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:35 am

Ordered from Wiggle on 20/04, arrived in Sydney on 23/04. Status changed to "Customs Clearance Delay" on 26/04, and is still showing the same status now with No further updates.

Nothing special in the order, just clothes and spare tubes. So, 3 days to get to Aus, and so far it is day 7 of my box sitting somewhere in customs.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Thu May 05, 2016 11:21 am

Recent Wiggle order, about $100 worth of small bits.

28/4 - Ordered
28/4 - Processed
1/5 - Shipped
5/5 - out for deliver today

7 days from ordered to delivery, pretty happy with that.

Shpox

Postby Shpox » Thu May 05, 2016 9:33 pm

Pushy's. Ordered 11 pm last night. Arrived today at 10 am. They even throw in a free bottle of squirt. Amazed.

Zippy7

Postby Zippy7 » Fri May 06, 2016 11:51 am

Wiggle - ordered evening of 27th April, processed 28th April.
Delivered 6th May.
Not bad.
Successful trades : Rheicel, Je, wgc138, 2ndeffort, celeste boy, rodneycc

TheWall

Postby TheWall » Tue May 10, 2016 5:00 pm

As posted in Spotted a special as well...should I be this surprised by great service from an Aussie retailer?

Fantastic experience with these guys...

http://www.openroadcycles.com.au

Bought a couple of jerseys two weeks ago and delivery from Melbourne to Sunshine Coast was next day. One jersey was too tight (pre sale chat figured but we tried anyway!) and the return has not been an issue and I will order some more stuff shortly.

Excellent communication by email and phone and they really know their products especially the size variations that Castelli is famous for. I always like it when a cheaper. Good to hear for a local!

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Fri May 20, 2016 10:06 am

Evans Cycles - about $200 worth of gear, kit, lights, brakes

qualifies for free postage ($150 min)

18/5 - ordered and confirmed
18/5 - dispatched via DHL
20/5 - has arrived in Perth, with delivery due on Monday. Im gonna try and pickup from the Depot tomorrow.

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Fri May 20, 2016 11:00 am

Cell Bikes

Ordered 18/5
Shipped and delivered 19/5 (to Sydney suburb)
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

denwol

Postby denwol » Fri May 20, 2016 12:08 pm

BikeBug
Ordered 17/5
Delivered to the door(Innisfail, FNQ) 19/5

Pretty good for up here:)

Ignoto

Postby Ignoto » Fri May 20, 2016 1:33 pm

jaseyjase wrote:Evans Cycles - about $200 worth of gear, kit, lights, brakes

20/5 - has arrived in Perth, with delivery due on Monday. Im gonna try and pickup from the Depot tomorrow.
Interesting, I've never bought anything from Evans, but they've got some clothing I wouldn't mind grabbing. Does anyone know if this is standard shipping time by Evans?

TheWall

Postby TheWall » Fri May 20, 2016 3:04 pm

Ignoto wrote:

Interesting, I've never bought anything from Evans, but they've got some clothing I wouldn't mind grabbing. Does anyone know if this is standard shipping time by Evans?
Yep sure is. Have bought a bit over the years inc wheels.

Top_Bhoy

Postby Top_Bhoy » Fri May 20, 2016 6:54 pm

Ignoto wrote:

I bought a rain jacket and a couple of smaller items in April which qualified for the free postage and I received it in 3 or 4 days (cant exactly remember).

stylo

Postby stylo » Wed May 25, 2016 11:46 am

Just want to let you know something I experienced with online reviews and those star rating things.

Purchased from a reasonably big overseas mob. The jacket was a perfect fit so I reviewed it as such. Was a bit annoyed that I had written a few other bits about them not price matching and not getting a credit for a discount that came through email a day later (like some other shops would do, but I accepted and knew about this before buying the item anyway) but that part was conveniently edited out and I was not informed about it before they posted up my "positive only review". They probably have a disclaimer somewhere in small print anyway that says they are allowed to do this.

Notwithstanding the fact that the price matching did not have anything to do with the product itself, it's still part of my buying experience which I wanted to share.

I didn't want to believe it before, but there you have it. THESE GUYS DO EDIT YOUR COMMENTS AND THEY DON'T TELL YOU THEY DO BEFORE THEY POST IT UP. My particular review is not that big a deal, but I am sure there are other potentially helpful reviews that get edited or not posted up. I'd be happy if they told me to just write about the product itself and leave the other parts out and I'd happily say No to letting them use my review. Last time I bother with putting up a review ...

filipw

Postby filipw » Thu May 26, 2016 3:25 pm

custom made carbon wheel set from TWE - ordered 19/5 - delivered today (awsome wheels)
bits and pieces bikebug - ordered 24/5 - delivered 25/5
bits and pieces pushys - ordered 24/5 - delivered 25/5

couldn't be happier :D

WhingingPom

Postby WhingingPom » Sun May 29, 2016 6:43 am

queequeg wrote:Ordered from Wiggle on 20/04, arrived in Sydney on 23/04. Status changed to "Customs Clearance Delay" on 26/04, and is still showing the same status now with No further updates.

Nothing special in the order, just clothes and spare tubes. So, 3 days to get to Aus, and so far it is day 7 of my box sitting somewhere in customs.
I recently had a box turn up from Wiggle with some Haribo in it. Given the other junk in the box, it must've been marked as a UK parcel at some point.

Maybe yours was the same and AQIS noticed Wiggle trying to smuggle food into the country? :lol:

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Mon May 30, 2016 6:11 am

WhingingPom wrote:
queequeg wrote:Ordered from Wiggle on 20/04, arrived in Sydney on 23/04. Status changed to "Customs Clearance Delay" on 26/04, and is still showing the same status now with No further updates.

I recently had a box turn up from Wiggle with some Haribo in it. Given the other junk in the box, it must've been marked as a UK parcel at some point.

Maybe yours was the same and AQIS noticed Wiggle trying to smuggle food into the country? :lol:
Yeah, I get haribos in my stuff sometimes. hate 'em, chuck it in the bin :lol:

Top_Bhoy

Postby Top_Bhoy » Mon May 30, 2016 4:59 pm

I ordered a frameset from Planet-X on Thursday night (Oz time) and it arrived this morning at 10am (again Oz time). No hassles and no damage which I take as an excellent, fast service in what took just over 3 1/2 days from ordering to deliver (including a weekend).

billy70

Postby billy70 » Tue May 31, 2016 6:27 am

Latest Wiggle order arrived in 4 business days, super speedy!

thomas1987

Postby thomas1987 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:13 pm

Cyclingexpress.com shipping is pretty impressive and it's free if you spend over $99. Ordered some tyres Tuesday afternoon and got it delivered today at noon (Thursday). That's less than two days and they ship from HK. Plus they do price matching and get a free gift (free multitool and tyre levers). Would recommend this store :D

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:27 pm

Another pushys order came through nice and quick. Late Thursday order, Tuesday delivery, thought it might have made Monday delivery but not disappointed. Unfortunately the tracking from couriers please only showed picked up, then delivered with nothing in between.

Currently also testing Torpedo7. Haven't ordered from them for a while.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:45 am

bychosis wrote:Another pushys order came through nice and quick. Late Thursday order, Tuesday delivery, thought it might have made Monday delivery but not disappointed. Unfortunately the tracking from couriers please only showed picked up, then delivered with nothing in between.

Couriers Please tracking is dysfunctional. I'm glad their delivery side is good though. Never any problems from Cell Bikes via Couriers please - sometimes morning dispatch and receive same day (Sydney warehouse to workplace on lower North Shore). The tracking never ever works though.
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:54 am

Boognoss wrote:
bychosis wrote:Another pushys order came through nice and quick. Late Thursday order, Tuesday delivery, thought it might have made Monday delivery but not disappointed. Unfortunately the tracking from couriers please only showed picked up, then delivered with nothing in between.

Couriers Please tracking is dysfunctional. I'm glad their delivery side is good though. Never any problems from Cell Bikes via Couriers please - sometimes morning dispatch and receive same day (Sydney warehouse to workplace on lower North Shore). The tracking never ever works though.
That has been my experience as well. Couriers Please tracking has not worked even once. Moreover, I usually receive the parcel before a tracking number is even sent.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:08 pm

ProBikeKit charge a 1% fee for Paypal purchases. I took advantage of their 12% off sale but don't recall a 1% Paypal fee being charged in the past. Admittedly, I hadn't purchased from them for a while.