Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

User avatar
Ross
Posts: 5005
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:53 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Ross » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:40 pm

Just under US$300 for the pair. Up there, yes, but super quick transit time (not that I was in a big hurry but fast is good).

bianchi928
Posts: 614
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:17 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby bianchi928 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:59 am

Purchased a Garmin 520 for my wife from Slane Cycles.

Saved $60 and delivery was 7 days from order.

I will use them again.
Stand on my dog I cut off your head

User avatar
MichaelB
Posts: 8283
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:29 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby MichaelB » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:34 pm

bianchi928 wrote:Purchased a Garmin 520 for my wife from Slane Cycles.

Saved $60 and delivery was 7 days from order.

I will use them again.


What was the landed cost ?

bianchi928
Posts: 614
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:17 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby bianchi928 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:12 pm

MichaelB wrote:
bianchi928 wrote:Purchased a Garmin 520 for my wife from Slane Cycles.

Saved $60 and delivery was 7 days from order.

I will use them again.


What was the landed cost ?


$290 landed.

Only saved $40 over the Pushys price but more than that at others (I went on an average) .
Stand on my dog I cut off your head

User avatar
hamishm
Posts: 444
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby hamishm » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:25 pm

I would've paid $40 for the Aus warranty personally.

bianchi928
Posts: 614
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:17 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby bianchi928 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:29 pm

hamishm wrote:I would've paid $40 for the Aus warranty personally.


You make a good point but my experience with Garmin wasn’t enough to justify the extra. Anyway, this post is about online experience, which I had a good one from Slane if anyone was considering using them.

Cheers
Stand on my dog I cut off your head

Chopper
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:34 am
Location: Sutherland Shire

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Chopper » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:33 pm

Ordered a Kyrptonite lock online from Cell around Tuesday lunchtime and it arrived early Wednesday morning! No charge for delivery either.

Will most def use again
Giant Defy
Cannondale Quick 4

fat and old
Posts: 2894
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:06 pm
Location: Mill Park

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby fat and old » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:55 pm

Wiggle: couple k of bits and peices, my biggest yet. Order Thursday 16/11, deliver Sunday 19/11. Sounds great aye? Except they left it at the door. I was 150km away, and had no idea until I checked the tracking. Was still there Monday am :D DHL fwiw.

Rapha: Over the counter job, Melb. store. Had a gift voucher and cannot use online (store bought....so remember kiddies!). Unfortunately I forgot the voucher, so paid in cash and gave my wife the card in lieu. Not being a cyclist herself I guess I'll get it back eventually. 8) :lol: 3 weeks from order to deliver. Keep that in mind folks, as it's not unusual. Realities of stock limits and fatso sizing....

thatmdee
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:54 am
Location: Newcastle

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby thatmdee » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:01 pm

I have to say, I was disappointed with my last Rapha experience. Ordered a pair of loopback trousers, and after only a couple of weeks, the seam split a little below the zipper. It was a bit of messing around to return (the address was different to the return label they provide.. I begrudgingly paid for an express post parcel). The item was returned 'repaired'. After about 5 days of wear, the same seam split again, this time slightly lower.

I've returned the pants two weeks ago now for an exchange, but no update. I requested an update a week ago and received a reply about a high volume of returns -- but nothing else.

I've since seen a couple of reviews on the Rapha site complain about the seam splitting. So, I'm left wondering why they insufficiently repaired the pants probably knowing it's an existing fault, hence causing more work (further returns) when they could have repaired the entire seam to ensure no further failures. In addition, the service is extremely slow and customer service has been poor. For a brand that is supposed to be 'premium'..

It's been a few months now, and I feel stupid for spending $195 on a pair of pants.

User avatar
redsonic
Posts: 988
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:08 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby redsonic » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:49 pm

Very happy with my latest purchase from Sigma Sport. I was chasing some Pacenti Forza rims, and the US shops killed the deal with postage prices. Only $16 to ship with DHL express from Sigma Sport, with tracking and delivery in 5 working days. One of the rims was not in stock, but this was clear on the website, and it only took a couple of days for them to ship the order.

li2099
Posts: 227
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:25 am

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby li2099 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:20 pm

thatmdee wrote:I have to say, I was disappointed with my last Rapha experience. Ordered a pair of loopback trousers, and after only a couple of weeks, the seam split a little below the zipper. It was a bit of messing around to return (the address was different to the return label they provide.. I begrudgingly paid for an express post parcel). The item was returned 'repaired'. After about 5 days of wear, the same seam split again, this time slightly lower.

I've returned the pants two weeks ago now for an exchange, but no update. I requested an update a week ago and received a reply about a high volume of returns -- but nothing else.

I've since seen a couple of reviews on the Rapha site complain about the seam splitting. So, I'm left wondering why they insufficiently repaired the pants probably knowing it's an existing fault, hence causing more work (further returns) when they could have repaired the entire seam to ensure no further failures. In addition, the service is extremely slow and customer service has been poor. For a brand that is supposed to be 'premium'..

It's been a few months now, and I feel stupid for spending $195 on a pair of pants.


This could be the reason:
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... s-for-200m

User avatar
Aushiker
Posts: 22010
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA
Contact:

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Aushiker » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:27 pm

Purchased two t-shirts and a jersery from Twin Six
Andrew
~ Aushiker.com

User avatar
Aushiker
Posts: 22010
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA
Contact:

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Aushiker » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:33 pm

Purchased two t-shirts and a jersey from Twin Six. Quick shipping etc so all good on that front however the sizing is not so good.

The t-shirts are differently on the lower of the sizing chart. I normally wear medium, I ordered one large size for me given I was a bit doubtful about the sizing and basically got what I consider a medium so be aware. The other t-shirt was a medium and that is too small for me. Thankfully it is for someone else so hopefully will fit.

The cycling jersey sizing is way off. I ordered a large (chest size 42", I am 41") and I am struggling to get into it. I measured it armpit to armpit and it is 19" across which suggests to me well short of the claimed 42".

I have contacted them as I am not keen on having to pay return postage when I placed the order in good faith. Will update when I get an outcome.
Andrew
~ Aushiker.com

User avatar
jaseyjase
Posts: 2750
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jaseyjase » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:12 pm

Aushiker wrote:Purchased two t-shirts and a jersey from Twin Six. Quick shipping etc so all good on that front however the sizing is not so good.

The t-shirts are differently on the lower of the sizing chart. I normally wear medium, I ordered one large size for me given I was a bit doubtful about the sizing and basically got what I consider a medium so be aware. The other t-shirt was a medium and that is too small for me. Thankfully it is for someone else so hopefully will fit.

The cycling jersey sizing is way off. I ordered a large (chest size 42", I am 41") and I am struggling to get into it. I measured it armpit to armpit and it is 19" across which suggests to me well short of the claimed 42".

I have contacted them as I am not keen on having to pay return postage when I placed the order in good faith. Will update when I get an outcome.


appreciate your feedback on this as ive been eyeing their stuff for a while.

Return to “Buying a bike / parts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: andrewjcw, firemac71, vaypaz