Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

jaseyjase

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jaseyjase » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:46 pm

Bikebug - similar issue.

Pair of look keo 2 max carbon pedals

21/3 - ordered and paid for
26/3 - order status still says processing
27/3 - called em up, they said it should have gone out, but looks like it slipped through the cracks, will be sent out today.

Not the best experience for the first time, but considering how much traffic they've been getting, not surprised. Ill probably give them another chance only cos they are very competitive if not better priced then the UK, plus supporting an aussie shop.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:33 pm

Prendas - Jersey and Cap

20/3 - Ordered and paid
21/3 - shipped
28/3 - Arrived

awesome, will buy again for sure.

TropicalChills

Postby TropicalChills » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:26 pm

Thought this might be the place for this one, I did a search through the forum and could not find a reference to it
http://www.idbikestore.com
looks a little too good to be true and the google maps address (grassy park in Indonesia) and the shotoshop store front is suspect

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:58 pm

http://www.togoparts.com/forum/showthre ... &tid=68377" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.worldlawdirect.com/forum/onl ... sia-3.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

InTheWoods

Postby InTheWoods » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:09 pm

TropicalChills wrote:Thought this might be the place for this one, I did a search through the forum and could not find a reference to it
http://www.idbikestore.com
looks a little too good to be true and the google maps address (grassy park in Indonesia) and the shotoshop store front is suspect
i quite like the edited and unclickable google maps image that includes reviews

...and interestingly the inside of their shop looks exactly like this one in london:
http://bicyclerepairandservices.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...AND this one in florida (same floor plan too :))...
http://www.supercoolbikeshop.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TropicalChills

Postby TropicalChills » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:22 pm

I like that you found the shop photos from London and Florida
I guess the google maps was a flag for me, using the address http://goo.gl/maps/C1ReC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it looks like the shop if operating in a residential area and looks to be actually in a park

InTheWoods

Postby InTheWoods » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:06 am

TropicalChills wrote:I like that you found the shop photos from London and Florida
Google image search FTW :)

Bobbybobson

Postby Bobbybobson » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:59 pm

Not to mention the terrible photoshopping of the various store signs.

sunho

Postby sunho » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:49 am

I know a lot of you guys have had trouble with CyclingExpress and Bikebug as local bikestore
I srsly recommend Cellbikes for any AUS order.

Ordered:
Their Garmin 510 and 810 is cheaper than Wiggle (even with a gold discount of 5%) which is extremely competitive.
I also ordered a pump that didnt fit my frame and they were happy to initiate the refund and exchange after contacting them and even discounted me on shipping as i had free shipping on it when i bought it

I think after you read this you may have some more confidence with these guys:
http://site.this link is broken/help-centre-article?id=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks Mark and Cell team, appreciate it.

Ozkaban

Postby Ozkaban » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:04 pm

sunho wrote:I know a lot of you guys have had trouble with CyclingExpress and Bikebug as local bikestore
I've just had orders go through with both. Had an issue with the bikebug order but they worked pretty hard to solve it. I was happy enough with their resolution that I'd happily order from them again.

Cyclingexpress is another matter. Ordered an item with a lead time of 5-7 days. Emailed them for an update after 2 weeks and they told me why it was delayed (no problems there...) when I asked then how long the delay would be I got no response. After another 2 weeks I emailed them asking for a full refund. Got a response this time saying that the order had been shipped the day before. All good. got an email 2 business days later saying the goods just have been dispatched. Sure it might have just been a system update but they still haven't arrived.

I don't mind delays but I do mind lack of response and I do mind possibly deceptive conduct.

Ahh well, I'll learn one day.

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:42 pm

sunho wrote:I know a lot of you guys have had trouble with CyclingExpress and Bikebug as local bikestore
I srsly recommend Cellbikes for any AUS order.

Ordered:
Their Garmin 510 and 810 is cheaper than Wiggle (even with a gold discount of 5%) which is extremely competitive.
I also ordered a pump that didnt fit my frame and they were happy to initiate the refund and exchange after contacting them and even discounted me on shipping as i had free shipping on it when i bought it

I think after you read this you may have some more confidence with these guys:
http://site.this link is broken/help-centre-article?id=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks Mark and Cell team, appreciate it.
Hi sunho, thanks for your feedback. We don't feel as if we are doing anything out of the ordinary, we are just trying to do the best we can, to make you happy. It's hard to be perfect 100% of the time, things do happen, but our effort in resolving issues can always be 100%, that, we can control.

As always, if anyone has a question or needs help, I'm at your service. -website mgr Mark

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:52 pm

I just ordered my new Speedplay cleats thru these guys, awesome email communication!

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:10 pm

MarkG wrote:I just ordered my new Speedplay cleats thru these guys, awesome email communication!
Unless you're getting a reply from us within 1min, we will always try to do better! :wink:
-website mgr Mark

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:02 pm

CELL Bikes wrote:
MarkG wrote:I just ordered my new Speedplay cleats thru these guys, awesome email communication!
Unless you're getting a reply from us within 1min, we will always try to do better! :wink:
-website mgr Mark
1 minute wait time is hardly acceptable. Lift your game, or watch your business die :roll:

:mrgreen: Love your work :mrgreen:

scirocco

Postby scirocco » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:38 pm

$150 order with Shiny Bikes (UK). Placed 16 March, dispatched 26 March, received 2 April. $30 shipping for very small lightweight items. All items present and correct.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:37 pm

jaseyjase wrote:Bikebug - similar issue.

Pair of look keo 2 max carbon pedals

21/3 - ordered and paid for
26/3 - order status still says processing
27/3 - called em up, they said it should have gone out, but looks like it slipped through the cracks, will be sent out today.

Not the best experience for the first time, but considering how much traffic they've been getting, not surprised. Ill probably give them another chance only cos they are very competitive if not better priced then the UK, plus supporting an aussie shop.
2/4 - arrived, taking into account pub hols.

in the mean time.

Wiggle, orders some tape, valve extenders, compression socks, over $100 worth.

28/3 - ordered at 10am
28/3 - dispatched at 3pm
3/4 - arrived

wheels46

Postby wheels46 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:25 am

Coming up to a month and still waiting for PBK.. No emails replied to. Maybe the new owners will lift their very ordinary game? :roll:

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:33 am

wheels46 wrote:Coming up to a month and still waiting for PBK.. No emails replied to. Maybe the new owners will lift their very ordinary game? :roll:
They also haven't sent out any newsletters this month! Unlike us, who actually sent out 2 newsletters today! (1 old one by accident, doh!). :oops:
-CELL Bikes mgr Mark
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.this link is broken/contact-us

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:43 am

Mark - hurry up n tell the boss to become a PayPal affiliate - I need to spend!
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:55 am

MarkG wrote:Mark - hurry up n tell the boss to become a PayPal affiliate - I need to spend!
MarkG...it's coming soon! Our C.O.O. mentioned to me just yesterday that it is being finalised and I have my fingers crossed for either later this week or early next week.

I love PayPal! Can't wait till we have it! It's not good for saving money though, as it's too easy to buy things, haha.
-website mgr Mark

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:56 am

Sweet as! It's easier to hide things from my wife on PP :)
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

Ozkaban

Postby Ozkaban » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:07 pm

Ozkaban wrote: Cyclingexpress is another matter. Ordered an item with a lead time of 5-7 days. Emailed them for an update after 2 weeks and they told me why it was delayed (no problems there...) when I asked then how long the delay would be I got no response. After another 2 weeks I emailed them asking for a full refund. Got a response this time saying that the order had been shipped the day before. All good. got an email 2 business days later saying the goods just have been dispatched. Sure it might have just been a system update but they still haven't arrived.

I don't mind delays but I do mind lack of response and I do mind possibly deceptive conduct.

Ahh well, I'll learn one day.
Quick update. The order arrived late last week. Wrong item. Turns out they were out of stock so just chucked in an 'equivalent' item without checking with me first. Functionally similar but it wasn't the item I ordered. I've had CyclingExpress do this before (different coloured jacket) so I suspect it's just how they operate. I'm currently trying to navigate the returns process and get a refund.

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:42 pm

Ebay seller eletoponline365 - I bought two Jumbo 808 #16s HD video cameras with 32GB micro SD cards from him together with two battery packs on 2 April 2013. Received all of it on 9 April 2013 and he even sent me an email with links to the firmware updates and the user manual. I am impressed.

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:47 pm

MarkG wrote:Sweet as! It's easier to hide things from my wife on PP :)
OMGosh yes! that's why I love it too! when you work in the bike business, you can say, "honey! look at this 'sample' I got from work!" (but actually you paid for it).
As long as my missus doesn't read this, I'll be ok. It's hard to argue with some women why they need another pair of black shoes or another handbag, and I just need some wheels or something...or 2 or 3 new bikes.

-website mgr Mark

Dave R32

Postby Dave R32 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:06 pm

PBK have really dropped the ball. Order placed on 13th March, shipped 14th no sign of it yet. And I see from comments on here and elsewhere I am far from the only one is this boat.

Placed and order with Bikebug the same day and it wasn't shipped until the 18th (weekend included) arrived on the 20th.

2 recent orders with Cell have shipped same day as order has been placed and have arrived in Brisbane the next day. Great service.

Cheers
Dave.

PS: If Cycling Express spent as much time answering customers emails as they do posting on Facebook they may get my business back.
Avanti Vivace = Sold | Trek Madone = Cracked | '12 Caad10 = Sold | Pinarello SDG3K | '14 Caad10 & Bianchi Pista