Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

caneye

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby caneye » Wed May 10, 2017 3:49 pm

caneye wrote:Ordered tyres from PBK on 4/4. Thought I'd order 7 weeks in advance of an event at end-May, giving myself ample time to prepare, because previous orders from PBK took 2 weeks to arrive in Syd.
A full month later, I have not received them yet. Extremely disappointing. Am currently in contact with their support people.

Anyway, in the same time, I also ordered and received cycling shorts from Wiggle. Delivered within 7 days, like clockwork, in spite of the Easter-Good Friday long-weekend.
Parcel arrived yesterday. Almost 5 weeks after it was dispatched.
Phew.

Not sure why it took such a long time though. Credit to PBK, they were very responsive to my queries. All questions were replied within 24 hours.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Tue May 30, 2017 4:03 pm

Evans - picked up a deuter backback, some socks and a pair of hub thru axle converters. $15 postage.

Ordered - 19/5
Disptached - 19/5
Arrived - 30/5

Farmer Elvis

Postby Farmer Elvis » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:42 pm

Has anyone had experience with buying online through Blackman bicycles. They appear to have shops in western Sydney

TheShadow

Postby TheShadow » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:21 pm

I bought thousands of dollars worth of components from Chain Reaction Cycles over the last 18 months or so. I had to return about $500 worth of components that were completely unused and still in their original packaging. I filled out all their paperwork exactly as they stipulated, exactly as I have done before and put it all into a small box and shipped it using their recommended shipping company for returns.

They acknowledged receiving the box, but will only acknowledge the paperwork that pertains to a single invoice. They also refuse to acknowledge the items which were in the the same box which contained the 3 items which they did acknowledge and refund me for.

So, I got less than $100 back out of $515 they owed me. There is no way all paperwork and all the merchandise was not in that box that they clearly received intact. If it was an argument about their returns policy, that would be one thing. But to outright lie and pretend they don't have either the paperwork, or a record of generating the paperwork on their computer system, and to pretend they never received the other items that were in the same box....well, I'm not sure I see how I can continue purchase anything from them.

It was their returns employee Shizuko and some guy called Mark, who I assume is his supervisor. Both flat liers and thieves.

Here's a little excerpt of the farcical email exchange:

Hi Shizuko,

The return you have acknowledged receiving and refunded me is return reference # SPH4882324 which is based on invoice CRC3145066717, as you correctly pointed out. You refunded $91.47

Also in the same box were the following returns:

return reference # SPH4881836 derived from CRC3169596773.

return refence # SPH4882334 based on CRC3119744712

return reference #SPH4882305 based on CRC3122699068

return reference # SPH4882312 based on CRC3097316442

return reference # SPH4882179 based on CRC3116722004

And Shizuko's reply:
Thanks for your reply.

Now I can see your all return order,

(So it would seem he does have it???) And then finally, when they have to either admit they in fact have everything, or they have to tell an even BIGGER lie, it seems Mark at c r c finds the latter preferable. I guess it involves less loss of face.

Hi TheShadow,

As advised by Shizuko, we appear to have only recieved the items that were refunded on order CRC3145066717.

We do not have the other paperwork you say was enclosed in the one parcel nor do we have all the items you say were returned from all the orders you have stated below.

The reason Shizuko may not have replied within one minute to your email reply is because we are replying to hundreds of emails daily. Apologies if you were expecting the reply within one minute.

As we do not have the items from all the orders stated we suggest you chase this up with the courier, we are happy to confirm they have not been received at c r c.

Thanks,

Mark

redsonic

Postby redsonic » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:12 am

^^^ That's bad, and really frustrating. The courier company would have a record of the weight of the parcel, which should go some way to proving your case that there was more in the package.
Obviously, c r c does not assume the customer is always right. :?

TheShadow

Postby TheShadow » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:03 pm

Well, after I sent an email c r c requested I send that listed the other return numbers, the invoice number each one related to, and the actual product codes and quantities corresponding to each of those that I was returning, c r c have been able to sort it out for me. Apparently there was some issue with the courier company.

Anyway, I have my refund for all the items I returned, so I'm happy. All's well that ends well.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:50 am

Seems like Mark got 'told'.

Good result in the end, but frustrating none the less.

I once returned a single item with no issues.

caneye

Postby caneye » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:05 am

Farmer Elvis wrote:Has anyone had experience with buying online through Blackman bicycles. They appear to have shops in western Sydney
sorry, never used their website but have bought stuff from their brick & mortar branch. Like you mentioned, they have a few branches in western Sydney - eg parramatta, penrith, etc .. Quite well-stocked too I must say.

caneye

Postby caneye » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:08 am

credit must be given where it is due.

c r c
- order on 2/6
- order shipped on 2/6
- arrived in Sydney (St Leonards) on 4/6

Fastest delivery I've had to date. Items were all packed into a shoebox-size parcel. Thumbs up.

Was stoked to receive the parts to use during the long weekend, but then it started raining and raining and still raining .... :roll:

MDL

Postby MDL » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:12 pm

Ordered a Set of wheels from Bikebug. They sent me one.... my invoice and the webpage said set and have photos. There invoice says one... Have to wait till tomorrow to call them since it's a public holiday down in there state.

MDL

Top_Bhoy

Postby Top_Bhoy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:32 pm

MDL wrote:Ordered a Set of wheels from Bikebug. They sent me one.... my invoice and the webpage said set and have photos. There invoice says one... Have to wait till tomorrow to call them since it's a public holiday down in there state.

MDL
Perhaps you've ordered the unicycle version? :D :D

hamishm

Postby hamishm » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:42 pm

redsonic wrote:Obviously, c r c does not assume the customer is always right. :?
Cause they're not?

Would love to know why the OP was returning 6 different parcels worth of stuff.

And why assume that it's c r c's fault and not the courier as they told you?

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:57 pm

I used to buy mostly from c r c, but since the Wiggle takeover, product availability is down, prices are up, so I am looking at alternatives.

Placed my first order with Ribble & there were good & not so good experiences. Website is a bit clunky & only allowed me to add 1 headset to the cart, you then have to update the total in the shopping cart. Got my order confirmation & realised I forgot to update the total & so had only ordered 1 instead of 2 of an item. Emailed Ribble within 5 minutes of placing order & 2 hours later got the response that the items had already been picked & were ready for dispatch. Order was shipped later that day. Good turnaround, not as good on the website design & a shame that their customer service is not as efficient as their warehouse.
It doesn't get easier, you just get slower

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:28 pm

Bike-Components.de

Ordered a set of 26x2.35 Big Apples, a Cinelli cap and some maxxis tyre levers. First time with these guys so will see how it goes.

13/6 - ordered

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:18 pm

jaseyjase wrote:Bike-Components.de

Ordered a set of 26x2.35 Big Apples, a Cinelli cap and some maxxis tyre levers. First time with these guys so will see how it goes.

13/6 - ordered
14/6 - shipped with tracking.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:28 am

Been waiting on a long sleeved riding shirt from Ribble for a few weeks now and got sick of waiting. Last night, I fired off an email to them asking, when was I going to get it? They reply came back within half an hour. :shock:

Ribble
Hi Foo, we are sorry that your shirt hasn't arrived, so it would seem that it has been lost in the post. Would you like us to re send or give you a credit?
Me
Hi, I would like it re sent please.
Ribble
Hi Foo, we will send another to you and it will be with post tracking, so that you can see where it is.
Me
Thank you.
I'm happy with that outcome. 8)

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

Ross

Postby Ross » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:14 pm

Had a few orders with the major UK online bike shops and the goods all pretty much arrived in 7 days. Bought some products from private sellers that are in Melbourne and items took 2 weeks to arrive via Aust Post. One was a registered parcel that I arrived home to find dumped at my front door, in plain view of the street.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:44 am

jaseyjase wrote:
jaseyjase wrote:Bike-Components.de

13/6 - ordered
14/6 - shipped with tracking.
26/6 - Arrived in Australia
3/7 - Attempted delivery

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:36 pm

Has anyone had contact with Cell Bikes recently or ordered from Cell Bikes? I am having trouble getting in contact and have heard some reports which are concerning.
Cycling is in my BNA

bomber

Postby bomber » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:26 pm

My most recent experience wasn't reassuring. Ordered a couple of in stock items that were marked as same day dispatch. Nothing in terms of notification for 3 working days. Tried calling and dropped a message to their support with no joy. Shipped on the 4th day and received after a weekend.

No real issue as nothing was urgent but not being able to get a response out of them was worrying.

RobertL

Postby RobertL » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:06 am

Placed an order online with Wiggle on Tuesday 18/07. Got an email telling me that it had been picked and packed the next day - 19/07.

Delivered yesterday lunchtime. Yes, that's on a Sunday - 23/07.

Fantastic!

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:17 pm

I recently dealt with Pushys. Happy about the prices but not happy with their courier CouriersPlease. They left a card and then left the package at one of their PopShops which was two suburbs away, while my Australia Post office is an eight minute walk.

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:48 pm

Anyone noticed Evans are no longer offering free postage, even when spending a substantial amount.
They now claim they track every parcel, but you're actually paying for it - whoopeee.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:15 pm

caneye wrote:
caneye wrote:Ordered tyres from PBK on 4/4. Thought I'd order 7 weeks in advance of an event at end-May, giving myself ample time to prepare, because previous orders from PBK took 2 weeks to arrive in Syd.
A full month later, I have not received them yet. Extremely disappointing. Am currently in contact with their support people.

Anyway, in the same time, I also ordered and received cycling shorts from Wiggle. Delivered within 7 days, like clockwork, in spite of the Easter-Good Friday long-weekend.
Parcel arrived yesterday. Almost 5 weeks after it was dispatched.
Phew.

Not sure why it took such a long time though. Credit to PBK, they were very responsive to my queries. All questions were replied within 24 hours.
Interesting. I ordered some tyres from PBK on July 19, dispatched July 20. The tracking says they were customs cleared on July 25 and manifest accepted by Australia Post the same day. However, I'm yet to have the parcel delivered after arriving in the country nine days ago. I contacted Australia Post on July 31 and they told me they had not received the parcel from OmniParcel. Very strange.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:37 pm

Not happy with Bikebug. :x

I ordered tub that in the description said. This is a handmade "silk" tubular, "silk" being the defining thing. It was delivered and glued on and then one of my mates said.That's a cotton tub not silk! Say What? I looked at my order and the description and it said.... "Handmade silk". Contacted them about it and the response was...... Oh that's a mistake in the description, we'll change that. You can send it back with a refund form filled out. :shock: To bloody late for that, as it was glued on. :evil:

They've lost me as a customer now, as that was not the type of response that I was looking for. :roll:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km