Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Aushiker

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Aushiker » Wed May 15, 2013 12:44 am

Not sure if this has been mentioned before or not but came across Byke tonight. Byke is shopping search engine for Australian cyclists. It searches Wiggle, c r c, Probikekit, Ribble, Evans, Torpedo7 and Cell Bikes.

Andrew

Dan

Postby Dan » Wed May 15, 2013 7:41 am

Aushiker wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned before or not but came across Byke tonight. Byke is shopping search engine for Australian cyclists. It searches Wiggle, c r c, Probikekit, Ribble, Evans, Torpedo7 and Cell Bikes.

Andrew
Have used on a number of occasions. Relatively handy, as it shows shipping cost, as well as amount still to spend to get free shipping from given retailer.

michael_w

Postby michael_w » Wed May 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Bought my commuter and most of my accessories from Cell Bikes over the past 2 years or so. After being hit by a car last month and my bike and gear being cactus, Mark organised for a $50 voucher to assist in the replacement of my helmet which was damaged in the accident.

I'm still several weeks away from returning to the road, but when I do I'll be contacting Cell again to see what's on offer.

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed May 15, 2013 12:34 pm

michael_w wrote:Bought my commuter and most of my accessories from Cell Bikes over the past 2 years or so. After being hit by a car last month and my bike and gear being cactus, Mark organised for a $50 voucher to assist in the replacement of my helmet which was damaged in the accident.

I'm still several weeks away from returning to the road, but when I do I'll be contacting Cell again to see what's on offer.
Hi Michael, hope you're healing up well. Mate, your post just reminded me that I need to get back to you regarding a bike!
Apologies mate, I was at the Shanghai bicycle show and just lost my mind. I'll get back to you today.

Hope you picked up a nice helmet, your original helmet was in the $30 range I believe, and we just wanted to help out with a bit more, so we can keep a great customer as safe as possible.

Get well and see you on the road!

-website mgr Mark
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.this link is broken/contact-us

boss

Postby boss » Thu May 16, 2013 11:16 am

How is the royal mail going for others on here? I'm at 2 weeks for a couple of orders, usually it's a lil bit quicker than this.

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Thu May 16, 2013 12:24 pm

boss wrote:How is the royal mail going for others on here? I'm at 2 weeks for a couple of orders, usually it's a lil bit quicker than this.
Just received a package from High On Bikes via Royal Mail yesterday. Ordered less than one week ago...

sdnelson19

Postby sdnelson19 » Thu May 16, 2013 5:26 pm

ordered from wiggle last friday, arrived in adelaide on wednesday morning, has been sitting in DHL's warehouse stationary since then. Next wiggle order will be standard mail for sure. These DHL muppets are a waste of money lately.

michael_w

Postby michael_w » Thu May 16, 2013 9:03 pm

Ordered a new helmet, D-lock w/ cable and 2 bufandas from Cell yesterday, arrived today. Bloody marvellous. Looking forward to getting a new bike once my rehab is done.

Thanks for the voucher, Mark. Great service and much appreciated :wink:

Bentnose

Postby Bentnose » Fri May 17, 2013 7:14 am

Last three orders from c r c have all turned up in 4 days. Last one ordered last Sunday night, dispatched Monday, turned up Thursday morning, standard free delivery.
No signature

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Fri May 17, 2013 4:11 pm

Not to impressed with Cell at the moment.

After the problems with the first delivery and the Muppets from CouriersPlease I have to admit I was not planning on going down that road again. I found out late on Wednesday evening that I was going to be travelling next week. I will quite often take my bike with me on trips and when checking my stash of spares realised that I had no break pads left. Yes the pads on the bike are fine (only replaced them a couple of weeks ago) but I am travelling somewhere hilly and I like having spares with me.

I know that most shops in Canberra who stock the SwissStop pads that I like charge a arm and a leg so thought I would see what Cell was priced like. Price was good so thought I would go with the suggestion from before and call the warehouse direct first thing on Thursday morning and ask them to pop it in an express post bag.

The lady who answered the phone (wont name her here) was quite pleasant to deal with and assured me that the pads would be in the post by the afternoon so should show up in my postbox the next day. All sounds good so far.

So get to the post box this morning and no package, ok sometimes they come in the afternoon when they are not sent express post.
Thought I would check the website to see if their was a tracking number or something similar. Guess what the items have not even been sent, heck they have not even been picked and packed yet. Even check just before writing this post and guess what still 'pending fulfillment'!

Well Cell Bikes that two bites at the cherry and two major disappointments. There wont be a third.
James
Veni, Vidi, Vespa -- I Came, I Saw, I Rode Home

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri May 17, 2013 4:33 pm

Not a purchase, but I've started getting SPAM to my probikekit email address (I use spamgourmet - allows me to have a specific address for every login i create). I've tried contacting them but they haven't responded. 7 spam emails in 2 weeks....

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Fri May 17, 2013 5:14 pm

jcjordan wrote:Not to impressed with Cell at the moment.
Well Cell Bikes that two bites at the cherry and two major disappointments. There wont be a third.
Hi jcjordan,

Apologies for what happened. I will speak to the team to see exactly what happened. Sorry we failed you, and that you won't be back. I will look into what went on, so at least we can prevent this from happening to someone else.

If there's anything I can do to restore your faith in us, please let me know (mark@this link is broken).

Ride safe and have a great weekend!
-website mgr Mark

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Fri May 17, 2013 6:27 pm

CELL Bikes wrote:
jcjordan wrote:Not to impressed with Cell at the moment.
Hi jcjordan,

Apologies for what happened. I will speak to the team to see exactly what happened. Sorry we failed you, and that you won't be back. I will look into what went on, so at least we can prevent this from happening to someone else.

If there's anything I can do to restore your faith in us, please let me know (mark@this link is broken).

-website mgr Mark
Sure.

Cancel the order and refund the charge
James

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Fri May 17, 2013 6:43 pm

jcjordan wrote:
CELL Bikes wrote:
jcjordan wrote:If there's anything I can do to restore your faith in us, please let me know (mark@this link is broken).

-website mgr Mark
Sure.

Cancel the order and refund the charge
Can you please confirm your details with me, as well as your order number please, and I'll have that done. As long as your order has not been sent out, no worries.

Cheers,
-website mgr Mark

Dan

Postby Dan » Fri May 17, 2013 7:19 pm

The next time I want something at less than LBS price, I'm just going to rant here, then strongarm the online seller. Seriously.... this is ridiculous.

jzr

Postby jzr » Fri May 17, 2013 8:37 pm

OK, so after my rant about PBK, I did a bit of digging to see where else I could buy my saddle one I got my refund and found that 3 retailers and the manufacturer were quoting colour schemes opposite to PBK.

So, I quizzed them on this in the hope that they maybe did have what I wanted in stock but had stuffed up on their website and confused the warehouse etc (the colour name does not actually appear on the box or saddle packaging which is part of the problem as well). I also told them I was pissed that they didn't even acknowledge how ridiculous the whole issue was and didn't need to be and told them to forward my complaint to their management in the hope the next poor sod didn't have the same problem (I was angry that day).

Then my complaint gets escalated to the 'Customer Relations' team and surprise, surprise I got a real apology because some douche had incorrectly scanned all of the inventory into their system against the wrong product code!!! All pending orders had now been put on hold after discovering the error (so I was told). Oh and guess what, you can have a replacement now because we do have stock.

In the end, I'm getting the saddle I was after and that's all I ever wanted. Too bad for them AusPost slugged $44 for me to send the wrong one back to them which they are still refunding :lol:

But honestly, the customer shouldn't have to be doing their job for them - if they had looked into it properly rather than fobbing me off the first time it could all have been settled by now.

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Fri May 17, 2013 11:10 pm

Dan wrote:The next time I want something at less than LBS price, I'm just going to rant here, then strongarm the online seller. Seriously.... this is ridiculous.
Agreed. Can't believe what the sellers have to put up with!

boss

Postby boss » Sat May 18, 2013 5:50 am

dalai47 wrote:
Dan wrote:The next time I want something at less than LBS price, I'm just going to rant here, then strongarm the online seller. Seriously.... this is ridiculous.
+1

I figure the purpose of this thread is to comment on delivery times, stuff ups, experiences, etc for the common good.

Feels like its been used a couple of times recently for Facebook-esque whinge/name/shame efforts in attempt to gain exactly what one wants, and what one wants NOW.

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Sat May 18, 2013 7:34 am

dalai47 wrote:
Considering only on seller here responds and I have not see anyone strong arm them yet
James

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sat May 18, 2013 9:06 am

jcjordan wrote:
dalai47 wrote:
Considering only on seller here responds and I have not see anyone strong arm them yet
+ 1.

I would suggest some folks need to go back and read your post on the matter. Hardly your fault the seller asked what they could do in response to you reporting your experience. You simply in-turn asked for a refund as the order has not been processed.

Andrew

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sat May 18, 2013 9:09 am

Really? What strong arm tactics are those? Care to quote the relevant parts of the post?

I thought the post was measured reflection of the poster's experience and as per the purpose of this thread.

Andrew
Last edited by Aushiker on Sat May 18, 2013 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sat May 18, 2013 9:10 am

boss wrote:
dalai47 wrote:
+1

I figure the purpose of this thread is to comment on delivery times, stuff ups, experiences, etc for the common good.
Right so where did JCJordan not do this in the post you are criticising? It reads to me that he is reporting on his actual experience which is exactly what this thread is about. Hardly his fault if Cell Bikes decides to reply here surly?

Andrew

ningnangnong

Postby ningnangnong » Sat May 18, 2013 10:27 am

Ordered a jersey with Prendas last night- was packed and shipped only a few hours after I ordered! Was delighted to find postage was only £4.

Dan

Postby Dan » Sat May 18, 2013 11:09 am

jcjordan wrote: Yes the pads on the bike are fine (only replaced them a couple of weeks ago) but I am travelling somewhere hilly and I like having spares with me.
For context. But fair enough, each to their own.
jcjordan wrote: I know that most shops in Canberra who stock the SwissStop pads that I like charge a arm and a leg so thought I would see what Cell was priced like. Price was good so thought I would go with the suggestion from before and call the warehouse direct first thing on Thursday morning and ask them to pop it in an express post bag.
This reads to me like op asked for something that is out of the ordinary - cell shipping can be a more drawn out process than this, and Mark can likely support this.
jcjordan wrote: The lady who answered the phone (wont name her here) was quite pleasant to deal with and assured me that the pads would be in the post by the afternoon so should show up in my postbox the next day. All sounds good so far.

So get to the post box this morning and no package, ok sometimes they come in the afternoon when they are not sent express post.
Thought I would check the website to see if their was a tracking number or something similar. Guess what the items have not even been sent, heck they have not even been picked and packed yet. Even check just before writing this post and guess what still 'pending fulfillment'!
My take (which I presume I'm allowed, being an open forum, etc., etc.) is that the op effectively asked for a special favour, someone said it could be done, it wasn't done (imagine that, someone saying they'd do something and then not), so the op had a hissy fit and wants the item refunded because he couldn't be bothered paying full retail at the lbs.

My point is that if he needed his spare brake pads urgently, he had a chance to buy them and have them in his hand. He didn't, and took a chance on a narrow postage window and effectively a verbal confirmation that something out of the ordinary would happen.

Then complained when it didn't.

As I said, my take.

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Sat May 18, 2013 7:19 pm

Dan

I dont think that is a fair assessment, grumpys sure, hissy fit no.

Most stores in Canberra dont stock Swissstop pads due to there cost so there was no opertunity to buy them locally. Price was not my major concern, if it was I would have gone with Wiggle or Probikekit my need was speed.

As for Cells actions I dont think what I asked was out of the ordinary as Mark offered to use Aus Post in relation to yhe problems with the couriers. Add to this they agreed to the request, the basic tenants of customer service is do what you have agreed to.

The fact is that of the three primary concerns in regards to a purchase (price, , service & time) the LBS (of which Cell is even though I deal with them online) can only fairly compete on two.

I had no problem with Cell in regards to service in regards to my first transaction but did with there choosen means of delivery (not the only one). But this transaction fail on both.

In fairness Cell has responded well to my complaint and have canceled the order. A plus in my book, but in my book I will still be reluctant to use them again.

I can get a delivery from any of yhe European stores in about the same delivery time, with as good if not better service (have had a couple of returns with Wiggle which were treated very well) for prices which are light years better.

Add to this Cell has about a 1/4 of the product selection.

Its a simple cost benefit analysis and Cell did come to the mark.

You are happy to see the calculation differently as that is what this discussion all about.
James