Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Questions about purchasing bicycles and parts

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:25 am

SmellyTofu wrote:It isn't always about price sometimes. We tend to forget that good service which may not cost a cent is worth $$ to customers. CE may have good prices (sometimes) but I won't ever press that "checkout" button on their web site.


Hi SmellyTofu, you're absolutely right about that. I do my best to make sure we have both! Even if we can't have the lowest price, we can always control having the best service.
We're not perfect, and some people get fed up with us too, and also say they'll never come back, but I'll always do my best to make things right, anyone can pvt msg me here or send me an email if they need something sorted ( [email protected] ).

Also, if any of you ever receive less than satisfactory service from someone at CELL, please let me know, and I will take care of it. We're like a restaurant....I want to know if a waiter ever gives you bad service or if a chef makes you bad food, everyone at CELL is held accountable for their actions & interactions with our customers!

Website Mgr Mark
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.cellbikes.com.au/contact-us
User avatar
CELL Bikes
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:41 pm
Location: Warehouse 8, Leichhardt Sydney

by BNA » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:50 am

BNA
 

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Slvr32gtr » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:50 am

My last 2 orders from Wiggle have been mind blowingly quick! Ordered some kit and accessories on Friday at lunch time and they arrived at 2pm Monday!

I also ordered a set of Elite Digital rollers for a great price and had them arrive within 5 days (inclusive of the weekend)! Better yet, it was free postage! I was quite surprised as when it arrived it was a large heavy box.

AA+ to Wiggle. Im also very impressed with their customer service and response time to enquiries.

Have shopped with Cell and CyclingDeal in Aus too and was also happy with delivery times.
User avatar
Slvr32gtr
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:19 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby SmellyTofu » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:02 pm

You guys keep doing what you guys are doing coz it's great. Although I haven't bought heaps from you guys when you compare to my other purchases from other sites, it's always good to keep an eye out on stuff.

One criticism if I could make which has nothing to do with the delivery end of the business is that the range is a bit lacking and I'm plucking at straws and I know the cost/risk to stock these items is high if you can't sell them but even if you make it available but not stock them for you to ship out this very minute is fine in supporting local at the right price.

A suggestion however is to perhaps offer free shipping if it's picked up at the Stanmore shop. Not only do people save $ on shipping, but people picking up things get to walk in and browse the shop for whatever they've missed online if they are local. But that's my 2.2c incl GST worth.

Again, Cell is great at what they do. *thumbs up*
User avatar
SmellyTofu
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:01 pm
Location: Obviously not on the bike when I'm online in Sydney

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:50 pm

SmellyTofu wrote:One criticism if I could make which has nothing to do with the delivery end of the business is that the range is a bit lacking and I'm plucking at straws and I know the cost/risk to stock these items is high if you can't sell them but even if you make it available but not stock them for you to ship out this very minute is fine in supporting local at the right price.

A suggestion however is to perhaps offer free shipping if it's picked up at the Stanmore shop. Not only do people save $ on shipping, but people picking up things get to walk in and browse the shop for whatever they've missed online if they are local. But that's my 2.2c incl GST worth.

Again, Cell is great at what they do. *thumbs up*


Our goal is to stock as many products as we can get, even if they need to be ordered in (with a notice 'this items usually ships in 3-5 business days', like Wiggle, etc), however many of the awesome items we want to add, some of the suppliers aren't willing to sell to us. Not sure if that is illegal, blacklisting, or what, but it is what it is. We will add as many items as we can get our hands on.

We currently have pick up at our Stanmore Store, however yes, you've made a valid point regarding making shipping free! I'll speak to the boss, and let him know that considering the shipping fee as a 'handling charge' is counter productive, and making shipping FREE for shop pick-up would help to bring in more traffic to the shop! (then we can do our best to sell you more stuff! (HAHAHAHA) like woolies and coles does with their $2 milk, you go in there, only wanting milk, but have to walk through all those darn cheap and attractive specials, and instead of coming out with $2 milk, you're got a trolley worth $100+ bucks! Actually kidding aside, it would help us see more people, get to know you all better, and find out what you want, so we can serve you better.

-Website Mgr Mark
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.cellbikes.com.au/contact-us
User avatar
CELL Bikes
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:41 pm
Location: Warehouse 8, Leichhardt Sydney

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby sb944 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:10 pm

Wiggle - wheel, cassette, trainer tyre, free shipping, came in 4 days, quickest yet.
PBK - 2 orders, trainer, tyres, aero bars, tool kit, free shipping (amazing given trainer). Trainer arrived first, about 7 days, the rest of the order was split into 2 boxes, 10 days and 11 days. Very respectable.
Cell - pump, C02 stuff, lube, free shipping - ordered Easter Monday to get CO2 stuff before weekend race. Thursday was no sign of being shipped, so emailed support. 5 minutes later got an email saying they were under pressure from Easter orders, but would ship today, order was shipped not long after, arrived early Friday morning.

All orders were well packed, no problems with any items. Happy customer as always with all online orders.
Image
sb944
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:58 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jas0nt » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:45 pm

Another downvote for Bikebug. Requested them kindly ship a chain the same day I put the order in (1pm) and two days later, still not posted yet.

Not really sure what their logic is in providing garbage customer service in such a competitive market.
jas0nt
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:20 am

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Philipthelam » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:28 pm

Good stuff from cell yet again, ordered yesterday night and arrived today
Philipthelam
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:10 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby CELL Bikes » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:42 pm

Philipthelam wrote:Good stuff from cell yet again, ordered yesterday night and arrived today


Thanks for the feedback Phillipthelam, we hope to ship even faster and get more products and stock in! Thanks for participating on our Facebook page as well, we have a great online community because of people like you!

-website mgr Mark
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.cellbikes.com.au/contact-us
User avatar
CELL Bikes
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:41 pm
Location: Warehouse 8, Leichhardt Sydney

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby boss » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:03 pm

boss wrote:
jaseyjase wrote:
boss wrote:What's going on with Royal Mail?

I had a couple of CRC orders take upwards of 10 days, right now I'm at 14 days since dispatch for a Ribble order.


+1, my current crc order is at 12 days since dispatch.


Very weird situation for me.

Both orders from ribble:

Ordered a vest/jacket/shoecoevers on 28/3, despatched 30/3 - 14 days, no sight of the parcel as yet.

Ordered a different vest and some cleats on 30/3, despatched 1/4 - arrived just then (after my post above).

:?:


Now 20 days out from dispatch (21 if you include the day of dispatch) and no sign of my parcel.

I contacted Ribble 13/4 and they said to wait to 20 days, so e-mail sent today asking where to from here.

It would seem that something's gone wrong in transit, I am hoping they come to the party.
boss
 
Posts: 1203
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby slowK » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:55 pm

CELL Bikes wrote:
SmellyTofu wrote:One criticism if I could make which has nothing to do with the delivery end of the business is that the range is a bit lacking and I'm plucking at straws and I know the cost/risk to stock these items is high if you can't sell them but even if you make it available but not stock them for you to ship out this very minute is fine in supporting local at the right price.

A suggestion however is to perhaps offer free shipping if it's picked up at the Stanmore shop. Not only do people save $ on shipping, but people picking up things get to walk in and browse the shop for whatever they've missed online if they are local. But that's my 2.2c incl GST worth.

Again, Cell is great at what they do. *thumbs up*


Our goal is to stock as many products as we can get, even if they need to be ordered in (with a notice 'this items usually ships in 3-5 business days', like Wiggle, etc), however many of the awesome items we want to add, some of the suppliers aren't willing to sell to us. Not sure if that is illegal, blacklisting, or what, but it is what it is. We will add as many items as we can get our hands on.

We currently have pick up at our Stanmore Store, however yes, you've made a valid point regarding making shipping free! I'll speak to the boss, and let him know that considering the shipping fee as a 'handling charge' is counter productive, and making shipping FREE for shop pick-up would help to bring in more traffic to the shop! (then we can do our best to sell you more stuff! (HAHAHAHA) like woolies and coles does with their $2 milk, you go in there, only wanting milk, but have to walk through all those darn cheap and attractive specials, and instead of coming out with $2 milk, you're got a trolley worth $100+ bucks! Actually kidding aside, it would help us see more people, get to know you all better, and find out what you want, so we can serve you better.

-Website Mgr Mark


+1 for this idea. I live about 100m from your warehouse and walk past it often. It annoys me a little to pay for delivery (I accept it and still do though - delivery is always very quick!). A pick up in store option would be great! I'm sure I'd buy more stuff just wandering through the store.
slowK
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby slowK » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:57 pm

oops - I mean pick up in the Stanmore store, which is still close enough. I accept that you can't do this at the warehouse.
slowK
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby CELL Bikes » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:04 am

slowK wrote:oops - I mean pick up in the Stanmore store, which is still close enough. I accept that you can't do this at the warehouse.


Hi slowk, send me an email ( [email protected] ) and I'll do my best for warehouse pickup or to have someone drop it off to you, when they're going to lunch, as long as someone is there to take it. I'm thinking that if you called us, and we took your order over the phone, and you were at home, we could have someone to deliver your stuff within 10min. (it's a nice excuse for us to go for a walk anyway). However, I'd only ask that you left feedback that you got your order delivered to your door within 10min of ordering though! (take that dominoes!).

We are here to serve you, and make your lives easier. If we can do this, I will make it happen.
-website mgr Mark
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.cellbikes.com.au/contact-us
User avatar
CELL Bikes
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:41 pm
Location: Warehouse 8, Leichhardt Sydney

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby slowK » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:22 am

CELL Bikes wrote:
slowK wrote:oops - I mean pick up in the Stanmore store, which is still close enough. I accept that you can't do this at the warehouse.


Hi slowk, send me an email ( [email protected] ) and I'll do my best for warehouse pickup or to have someone drop it off to you, when they're going to lunch, as long as someone is there to take it. I'm thinking that if you called us, and we took your order over the phone, and you were at home, we could have someone to deliver your stuff within 10min. (it's a nice excuse for us to go for a walk anyway). However, I'd only ask that you left feedback that you got your order delivered to your door within 10min of ordering though! (take that dominoes!).

We are here to serve you, and make your lives easier. If we can do this, I will make it happen.
-website mgr Mark


Hi Mark,

Thanks - very kind. I don't expect special favours! You guys do a great job and I've not had a problem in purchasing or making occasional returns. Delivery has alwasy been very quick (sometimes less than 16 hours.

Cheers.
slowK
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby sminns » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:38 am

jas0nt wrote:Another downvote for Bikebug. Requested them kindly ship a chain the same day I put the order in (1pm) and two days later, still not posted yet.

Not really sure what their logic is in providing garbage customer service in such a competitive market.

+1 to that. I ordered an "In Stock" item that I had to follow up on several times that apparently wasn't in stock. Not worth my trouble, I'll stick with Cell - my best experiences so far.
Image
User avatar
sminns
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:42 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby CELL Bikes » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:11 pm

slowK wrote:Thanks - very kind. I don't expect special favours! You guys do a great job and I've not had a problem in purchasing or making occasional returns. Delivery has alwasy been very quick (sometimes less than 16 hours.

Cheers.


If anyone lives 100m from our warehouse, I'd love to provide this service! It's about finding ways to make things easier for you guys.
I hear so much about how other businesses go out of their way for their customers...we want to do the same! I do my best to make sure that everyone who works at CELL isn't here just for a job, but because they LOVE bikes, LOVE riding bikes, and LOVE serving people & making them happy (as this is exactly how I feel).

If people are excited about what they do, this will hopefully transfer over to our work, which you guys will see, feel and experience. We've got a long way to go, but every long journey begins with a single step!
-website mgr Mark
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.cellbikes.com.au/contact-us
User avatar
CELL Bikes
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:41 pm
Location: Warehouse 8, Leichhardt Sydney

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby RomanTheCube » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:18 pm

I'm flying to VIC tomorrow from sydney, realised I needed some supplies but am on a tight budget so went online to Cell bikes. Ordered what I needed on Monday, received them today, ready to pack in my bags tonight.

Very happy :)
RomanTheCube
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:48 am

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby RomanTheCube » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:25 pm

jas0nt wrote:Another downvote for Bikebug. Requested them kindly ship a chain the same day I put the order in (1pm) and two days later, still not posted yet.

Not really sure what their logic is in providing garbage customer service in such a competitive market.


I find this weird. I've ordered 3 times from Bikebug. All 3 times I received the items next business day and their prices were competitive.
RomanTheCube
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:48 am

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby cossie1 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:26 pm

We're not perfect, and some people get fed up with us too, and also say they'll never come back, but I'll always do my best to make things right, anyone can pvt msg me here or send me an email if they need something sorted ( [email protected] ).

Also, if any of you ever receive less than satisfactory service from someone at CELL, please let me know, and I will take care of it. We're like a restaurant....I want to know if a waiter ever gives you bad service or if a chef makes you bad food, everyone at CELL is held accountable for their actions & interactions with our customers!

Website Mgr Mark


Hi Mark, unfortunately i experienced a far from satisfactory experience late last year. Im not usually one to air my dirty laundry, but I did send two follow up emails which in both cases did not receive a reply from Cell.

Anyways to cut a long story short, after admitting error on your business's behalf you gave me a voucher for $30. All was forgiven, but a few weeks later when i attempted to utilise the voucher, it wouldnt recognise it. Imagine my frustration after been given the run around with my orginal order and then for this to happen...
cossie1
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:33 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:46 am

cossie1 wrote:Hi Mark, unfortunately i experienced a far from satisfactory experience late last year. Im not usually one to air my dirty laundry, but I did send two follow up emails which in both cases did not receive a reply from Cell.

Anyways to cut a long story short, after admitting error on your business's behalf you gave me a voucher for $30. All was forgiven, but a few weeks later when i attempted to utilise the voucher, it wouldnt recognise it. Imagine my frustration after been given the run around with my orginal order and then for this to happen...


cossie1, airing dirty laundry with us only allows me to have a chance to clean it (hope that metaphor works). We have changed quite a bit since late last year. We have revamped a lot of internal policies and we have even cleaned house regarding our customer care department. We have revised our vouchers as well, so this type of experience will not happen. I know I'd be frustrated to be offered an olive branch, only to have it turn into a bushel of thorns when I tried to redeem the code!

Please feel free to send me an email, and if you don't mind, I'd like to do my best to restore your confidence & faith in us ( [email protected] )
-website mgr Mark
Last edited by CELL Bikes on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.cellbikes.com.au/contact-us
User avatar
CELL Bikes
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:41 pm
Location: Warehouse 8, Leichhardt Sydney

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jasonc » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:49 am

wiggle - ordered night of wed 17th april
received yesterday 23rd april.
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Baalzamon » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:38 pm

Ordered from xxcycle last thursday and had 3 paid options for shipping, I went for the middle one and had attempted delivery yesterday so I picked it up this morning.
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810
Image
Baalzamon
 
Posts: 4642
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:23 pm
Location: Yangebup

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby tubby74 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:18 pm

Recently ordered flat mtb pedals from Crc's. first day out they cracked badly on a minor pedal strike. Mailed Crc with photod and they responded overnight that a replacement pair was on the way already. Couldn't ask for more in product support
tubby74
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby CXCommuter » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:44 pm

Building a bike up with SRAM (mostly red) and mixed Easton/Ritchey/Prolite parts at the moment. Have ordered from Wiggle, CRC and Merlin mainly over the last week or so in addition to Ebay (chainset, bike computer and braze-on adapter), I have received about half of the items ordered and have had no complaints at all. Hope this continues as have more things yet to arrive and more to order (mainly tools and general spares along with a cassette). Once the bike is built up I will put it up here (It is a 2011 Jamis Eclipse, Reynolds 853 Steel).
Image
User avatar
CXCommuter
 
Posts: 764
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:18 am
Location: Perth WA

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby open roader » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:07 pm

Not so good experience

eBay vendor GMX Online

Purchased item listed freshly as being 'on sale' with nice discounted price on 12/04/2013
Paid via online bank deposit - the vendor marked my payment as received 15/04/2013

Waited until 24/04/2013 after 8 working days for item to arrive in mail (same state purchase only 140km away)
Contacted vendor about postage timeliness on 24/04/2013 - vendor responded with answer that item not in stock and distributor has no stock avail........
Vendor claims they emailed me as to lack of stock (fooey) they did not eBay message me once about lack of stock- zero communication
Asked for refund and refund only given after 3 promptings under threat of opening a dispute resolution case......

My beef with GMX Online is :-

1) that the item was recently listed before I purchased (<24hrs listed on ebay) with a stock list of 10 avail. to purchase when I hit the button
2) they failed to communicate the fact that they had no stock and I suspect they had no intention to inform me they had no stock until I began to rock the boat........
3) I was crystal clear from the moment I was informed that they had no stock that I wanted a refund pronto and yet they pushed the line that I should simply wait for the stock to materialise but offered no time frame what so ever

GMX online may have some good equipment at nice prices but service and deceptive practices leads me to not recommend at all.
3rd class cycling is always better than 1st class walking
User avatar
open roader
 
Posts: 2405
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:05 pm
Location: Dueling Banjo Country

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby foo on patrol » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:09 pm

I'll give a heads up to T7 for their handling of my order and the stuff up by Australian Post. I contacted them to say that the idiots at Australian Post Bribie Island had sent my order back on me. :x I received the reply that as soon as they got the order back there, they would resend it and at no cost to me. :D

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km
Image
User avatar
foo on patrol
 
Posts: 4522
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:12 am
Location: Sanstone Point QLD

PreviousNext

Return to Buying a bike / parts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter

> FREE BNA Stickers
> BNA Cycling Kit