Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Questions about purchasing bicycles and parts

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jaseyjase » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:35 pm

SEQrider wrote:Anyone have any experience with Velomine? I'm looking at buying some wheels from them. The price seems good, built wheels are cheaper than I can source the parts, just wondering about quality and delivery/packaging. Cheers.


Bought a set of wheels from them, about 2 weeks delivery, came in a proper wheel box, so arrived safe and sound.

wouldnt hesitate, alot of the FG/SS guys have used him as hes a reliable and very competitive price wise for builds, and good wheels builds too.
User avatar
jaseyjase
 
Posts: 2043
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Perth

by BNA » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:58 pm

BNA
 

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Shpox » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:58 pm

Does anyone have recent experience with Cycling Express? They've changed their website up a bit and the emails I have sent have been replied to within a day. I need to some items and CE are cheaper than Wiggle. Just wondering if it's better to Price Match and go with Wiggle (who have been really great) or stick with CE whom I've never tried before.
User avatar
Shpox
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:54 pm
Location: Brisbane, Queensland.

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby SEQrider » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:38 pm

jaseyjase wrote:
SEQrider wrote:Anyone have any experience with Velomine? I'm looking at buying some wheels from them. The price seems good, built wheels are cheaper than I can source the parts, just wondering about quality and delivery/packaging. Cheers.


Bought a set of wheels from them, about 2 weeks delivery, came in a proper wheel box, so arrived safe and sound.

wouldnt hesitate, alot of the FG/SS guys have used him as hes a reliable and very competitive price wise for builds, and good wheels builds too.


Ok, thanks for that. I ordered today. Mavic Open Pro with Ultegra 6700 hubs, DT Swiss spokes delivered for $364 AUD.
SEQrider
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:38 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby BrownBike » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:03 pm

Shpox wrote:Does anyone have recent experience with Cycling Express? They've changed their website up a bit and the emails I have sent have been replied to within a day. I need to some items and CE are cheaper than Wiggle. Just wondering if it's better to Price Match and go with Wiggle (who have been really great) or stick with CE whom I've never tried before.


Hi there - there's a whole separate thread about Cycling Express in this section. But IMHO I would hold off on ordering for the time being - they seem to have just changed management, websites and warehouse location so things seem to be a bit up in the air. Case in point: I made an online order on the 21st of July, got an email to say the order went through successfully. They deducted the money from my bank account. So far, no email to confirm shipping, despite a follow-up email from me and someone from them saying they would get it sorted. :/
User avatar
BrownBike
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:33 pm
Location: Perth - Looking for a north-south route across the CBD

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby ajs_1971 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:46 pm

Purchased a rear light for my Son's MTB from mrcyclingworld on eBay...
Arrived in 3 days but batteries flat. OK so I contacted them requesting batteries, got a whole lot of spin regarding a test mode, etc.
Refused to supply new batteries! WT??
A brand new item that didn't work. I had to purchase batteries myself as the whole point was to increase my Son's safety on his MTB.
A disgraceful level of customer service in my opinion, especially with the implication that it was somehow my fault.
So at this point you're saying I should have left negative feedback on eBay...maybe you're right, but instead I've let you all know of an online shopping experience and let mrcyclingworld know that I will never shop with them again.
Job done!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
ajs_1971
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby santacruzscott » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:17 pm

BrownBike wrote:
Shpox wrote:Does anyone have recent experience with Cycling Express? They've changed their website up a bit and the emails I have sent have been replied to within a day. I need to some items and CE are cheaper than Wiggle. Just wondering if it's better to Price Match and go with Wiggle (who have been really great) or stick with CE whom I've never tried before.


Hi there - there's a whole separate thread about Cycling Express in this section. But IMHO I would hold off on ordering for the time being - they seem to have just changed management, websites and warehouse location so things seem to be a bit up in the air. Case in point: I made an online order on the 21st of July, got an email to say the order went through successfully. They deducted the money from my bank account. So far, no email to confirm shipping, despite a follow-up email from me and someone from them saying they would get it sorted. :/



Same issue here , ordered from them on the 19th.................

Chased it up last night with an email , said they would look into it today.
Just got the dispatch email now.
I know they are in the middle of a big change , but 12 days to dispatch items that were advertised in stock :?

Wait and see now what turns up in the package (have had previous orders with them that have turned up with items missing).
User avatar
santacruzscott
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:01 am
Location: Hobart , Tasmania

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby BrownBike » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:36 pm

santacruzscott wrote:
Same issue here , ordered from them on the 19th.................

Chased it up last night with an email , said they would look into it today.
Just got the dispatch email now.
I know they are in the middle of a big change , but 12 days to dispatch items that were advertised in stock :?

Wait and see now what turns up in the package (have had previous orders with them that have turned up with items missing).


I'm still waiting for the dispatch email, so I'm assuming that will come before any mystery package. I'm extra p!ssed because the items I ordered were given top billing on one of their many sales emails. And of course it is stuff that I want! At one stage I almost pulled the trigger on buying a roadie from them so I'm glad I didn't do that. Not filled with confidence at the moment.
User avatar
BrownBike
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:33 pm
Location: Perth - Looking for a north-south route across the CBD

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby santacruzscott » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:36 pm

I bought an Azzurri road bike off them (Di2 Forza).
Had to wait nearly a month longer than the original delivery date , but have been pretty happy with the bike.

The items I'm waiting on were Headline products from their sales email as well.
User avatar
santacruzscott
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:01 am
Location: Hobart , Tasmania

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jaseyjase » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:40 pm

Cellbikes -

23/7 - ordered
24/7 - fulfilled and dispatched
31/7 - arrived

a week seems about right to the west.

Question for Cell/Mark

For $10 postage, can small items use an express satchel or are you contracted to always use a courier?
User avatar
jaseyjase
 
Posts: 2043
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jimsheedy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:17 pm

Got a set of Bracciano's off Dion.

Answered all my questions promptly. Wheel's arrived within 2 days. $526 included brake pads and Ti skewers. Very very happy. Obviously very well built wheels and amazing quality for the price.
Image
User avatar
jimsheedy
 
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:01 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby HAKS » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:21 am

Ordered the new Ultegra 6800 groupset with Merlin Cycles last night at 6pm and got an email within 2hours saying it had been dispatched. It's my first order with Merlin so off to a great start. Will update on postage times when it gets here.
Current Ride: Trek Madone 6.5 (2013)
User avatar
HAKS
 
Posts: 2322
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:28 pm
Location: Canberra, AUS

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby scotto » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:33 pm

ajs_1971 wrote:Purchased a rear light for my Son's MTB from mrcyclingworld on eBay...
Arrived in 3 days but batteries flat. OK so I contacted them requesting batteries, ..,,,,
So at this point you're saying I should have left negative feedback on eBay...maybe you're right, but instead I've let you all know of an online shopping experience and let mrcyclingworld know that I will never shop with them again.
Job done!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
i think you're being overly fussy. Buy the batteries yourself - you know they'll be new then - for the dollar or do they cost.
Seriously !!
User avatar
scotto
 
Posts: 2347
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Baulkham Hills

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby ajs_1971 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:33 pm

Too fussy? It's called customer service, you sell something brand new it works and if it doesn't you compensate the buyer accordingly, maybe you accept crappy service like this from sellers, but I don't. If people accept this type of poor customer service then good luck to them, I'm just not one of them.

You seem to be missing the point of my post, when something is sold as brand new it is supposed to work and then it is not the fault of the consumer (in this case me) when it doesn't.
The end result for mrcyclingworld is that they've lost a potential return customer...and they've got no one to blame but themselves!
Cheers


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
ajs_1971
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Big_Red » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:34 pm

Ordered a Garmin Edge 500 from GPS 'R US at 7am Thursday and it was on my desk at 10am Friday. I've not seen them anywhere cheaper in Australia, or o/s. Shipping is free for goods ordered over $50 too. :D
Image
User avatar
Big_Red
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:00 pm
Location: Brisbane East

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby MarkG » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:21 pm

ajs_1971 wrote:Too fussy? It's called customer service, you sell something brand new it works and if it doesn't you compensate the buyer accordingly, maybe you accept crappy service like this from sellers, but I don't. If people accept this type of poor customer service then good luck to them, I'm just not one of them.

You seem to be missing the point of my post, when something is sold as brand new it is supposed to work and then it is not the fault of the consumer (in this case me) when it doesn't.
The end result for mrcyclingworld is that they've lost a potential return customer...and they've got no one to blame but themselves!
Cheers


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD



If you're going to carry on like a little girl over something as menial as batteries, then cycling isn't for you. God forbid a package arrives late...
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"
User avatar
MarkG
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:02 pm
Location: Perth, Australia

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby ajs_1971 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:38 pm

I'm assuming you're kidding MarkG coz otherwise you need to lighten up...
You obviously haven't read my initial post either, as one of us is behaving like a little girl me thinks, but it ain't me!
Anyway I thought this forum was for grown ups...silly me.
Just like I said, it's the principle of the thing, obviously things like packages get delayed, but service should be always be high.
Some of these replies merely confirm why so many people are frustrated with what is acceptable in OZ as customer service.
Might I suggest posting on this forum may not be for you.
Keep it rubber side down...
Cheers


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
ajs_1971
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby MarkG » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:43 pm

Keep crying princess.
Maybe the reject shop is more to your liking. .
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"
User avatar
MarkG
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:02 pm
Location: Perth, Australia

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby ajs_1971 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:06 pm

Wow!

You really got an issue with chicks hey!

So it's women and the reject shop in your sights...anyone else Tiger, you're on a roll.

And I thought it was a cycling forum, in particular posts regarding good and bad online purchases. Silly me.








Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
ajs_1971
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby clackers » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:21 pm

ajs_1971 wrote:Purchased a rear light for my Son's MTB from mrcyclingworld on eBay...
Arrived in 3 days but batteries flat.


Let me get this right ... just to be sure.

These are the courtesy batteries that come with a product??

I suggest write to your local MP.

There's an election coming up.
User avatar
clackers
 
Posts: 1946
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 10:48 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Dan » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:15 am

It's unfortunate that the batteries were dead, however given it's likely the light you bought cost less than the price of two AAs from the supermarket, I'm not surprised they don't work.

If the word 'light' was replaced with 'children's toy' you'd have had to buy batteries for it, and would most likely have purchased batteries of decent quality, too.

With that rear light being an important part of your son's safety gear and overall safe riding strategy, I think replacing the original batteries - working or not - is the BEST thing you could do to contribute.
User avatar
Dan
 
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:32 pm
Location: Vegas, baby

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby black4tress » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:45 am

MarkG wrote:
ajs_1971 wrote:Too fussy? It's called customer service, you sell something brand new it works and if it doesn't you compensate the buyer accordingly, maybe you accept crappy service like this from sellers, but I don't. If people accept this type of poor customer service then good luck to them, I'm just not one of them.

You seem to be missing the point of my post, when something is sold as brand new it is supposed to work and then it is not the fault of the consumer (in this case me) when it doesn't.
The end result for mrcyclingworld is that they've lost a potential return customer...and they've got no one to blame but themselves!
Cheers


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD



If you're going to carry on like a little girl over something as menial as batteries, then cycling isn't for you. God forbid a package arrives late...


+1. Batteries have a shelf life from storage, the one you got with your product may have been stored for some time now........ On the other hand, I would expect the seller to apologise for this however I would not expect them to replace it for you.
[Centurion LeMans Single Speed] [BMC Fourstroke FS03]
Image
User avatar
black4tress
 
Posts: 511
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:46 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Xplora » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:21 am

ajs_1971 wrote:And I thought it was a cycling forum, in particular posts regarding good and bad online purchases. Silly me.

Had to back up Mark on this - if they are consumable batteries like Duracells then you really are wasting your time complaining about them. If they are Li-Ion batteries (making up a big part of the cost price) then you might consider talking about it some more... but you wouldn't carry on like this if it was a kid's toy. Your age implied by the handle is in the 40s... you should know better. You might find some allies who think the batteries should be replaced, but the majority of the population understands that you need to spend real money on real things if you want real service. You get what you pay for - a 10 dollar light is not going to pass muster if it's a safety requirement.
Xplora
 
Posts: 5823
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:33 pm
Location: TL;DR

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby macca33 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:25 am

I ordered a pair of Conti GP4000s tyres yesterday from BikeBug ($35ea on special) and they arrived on my doorstep in country Victoria this morning. Very impressive!

cheers
'dale CAAD10 Berzerker Ult6800 & CAAD10 Team Ult6800

Image
macca33
 
Posts: 797
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:05 pm
Location: West Gippy

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jasonc » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:50 am

macca33 wrote:I ordered a pair of Conti GP4000s tyres yesterday from BikeBug ($35ea on special) and they arrived on my doorstep in country Victoria this morning. Very impressive!

cheers


that's impressive
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 5783
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby chrisbosh » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:52 pm

Placed two orders in last week with Cycling Express and got them both in 3 days. Impressed.
Pricing on there new website seems cheaper across the board than either Wiggle or CRC and shipping was also free on both orders over 50 dollar spend. Very happy so far.
the products don't appear to have come from Melbourne like they used to but don't really care.
chrisbosh
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:45 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Buying a bike / parts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fergy1987



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter

> FREE BNA Stickers
> BNA Cycling Kit