Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

jasonc
Posts: 8633
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jasonc » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:16 am

Tank1252 wrote:
jasonc wrote:have had a torpedo7 order sitting at "being checked by staff" for 2 days - it's a saddle. you either have it or you don't. you said it's in stock, so throw it in something and send it to me.


My order's had that status for a week now...


I've started posting on their facebook page. I think I'll get my package quicker than a response

User avatar
TonyMax
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:23 am
Location: Northside Canberra

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby TonyMax » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:23 pm

I've got another set of bib and jersey, and a pair of sunglasses from Chinese eBay sellers in under a fortnight lately. Happy.
Image

Tank1252
Posts: 140
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:00 pm
Location: Coffs Harbour, NSW

Re: Online Purchases- Agood and bad experiences

Postby Tank1252 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:45 pm

jasonc wrote:
Tank1252 wrote:
jasonc wrote:have had a torpedo7 order sitting at "being checked by staff" for 2 days- Ait's a saddle. you either have it or you don't. you said it's in stock, so throw it in something and send it to me.


My order's had that status for a week now...


I've started posting on their facebook page. I think I'll get my package quicker than a response



It's been 11 days since I ordered so I sent them an email. 3 hours later the parcel arrived. I then got an email reply half an hour later saying they'd checked & it had been delivered. Made me feel that it looked like I was trying to pull a fast one. Oh well, it's here I guess!

jasonc
Posts: 8633
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Online Purchases- Agood and bad experiences

Postby jasonc » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:05 pm

Tank1252 wrote:It's been 11 days since I ordered so I sent them an email. 3 hours later the parcel arrived. I then got an email reply half an hour later saying they'd checked & it had been delivered. Made me feel that it looked like I was trying to pull a fast one. Oh well, it's here I guess!


Mine still states "Order being checked by staff"

Tank1252
Posts: 140
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:00 pm
Location: Coffs Harbour, NSW

Re: Online Purchases- Agood and bad experiences

Postby Tank1252 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:53 pm

jasonc wrote:
Tank1252 wrote:It's been 11 days since I ordered so I sent them an email. 3 hours later the parcel arrived. I then got an email reply half an hour later saying they'd checked & it had been delivered. Made me feel that it looked like I was trying to pull a fast one. Oh well, it's here I guess!


Mine still states "Order being checked by staff"


Mine still says that too. I'd ignore it.

jasonc
Posts: 8633
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Online Purchases- Agood and bad experiences

Postby jasonc » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:45 am

Tank1252 wrote:
jasonc wrote:
Tank1252 wrote:It's been 11 days since I ordered so I sent them an email. 3 hours later the parcel arrived. I then got an email reply half an hour later saying they'd checked & it had been delivered. Made me feel that it looked like I was trying to pull a fast one. Oh well, it's here I guess!


Mine still states "Order being checked by staff"


Mine still says that too. I'd ignore it.


seems a bit of facebook hassling works - they suggest it's being delivered today

User avatar
jaseyjase
Posts: 2611
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jaseyjase » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:04 pm

Bikebug order, over free postage threshold.

14/2 - ordered and paid
17/2 - job allocated

i should know better then ordering on friday afternoons, feels like i have to wait longer because of the weekend =(

jasonc
Posts: 8633
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jasonc » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:17 pm

t7 order delivered this morning. in other words it's just their web site that's stuffed

Pedaling
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:07 pm
Location: Botany, Sydney.

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Pedaling » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:01 pm

Ordered tyres and bottom bracket from CRC on Wednesday afternoon.
Arrived Tuesday morning in Sydney.
Brilliant! Love ya work CRC!
"Life is just a ride" Bill Hicks
2012 C59 Colnago
2013 Giant TCR

dominicj
Posts: 666
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby dominicj » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:31 am

Pedaling wrote:Ordered tyres and bottom bracket from CRC on Wednesday afternoon.
Arrived Tuesday morning in Sydney.
Brilliant! Love ya work CRC!


I hope my delivery was in the same batch... I ordered Wednesday too and am eagerly awaiting a new BB. No sign of it in Brisbane yet...

Sent from my PadFone using Tapatalk

Muzza72
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:44 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Muzza72 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:34 pm

Bought some new Campag wheels from Wiggle - paid late last Wednesday night,received yesterday morning. Extremely well-packed (I've bought wheels from various other places over the years,and none were as safe & secure as these),excellent delivery time,and the website updates were accurate.

All my recent Wiggle experiences have been good. :D

Pro Bike Kit experiences have been fine,except for the slow delivery of course.

Calvin27
Posts: 1208
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Calvin27 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:44 pm

Another kudos to CRC. Ordered some brakes and it didn't come with the olive and barbs. I emailed them and they explained this is not included in the package but sent a set for good will anyways. Now the shimano barbs will just have to try not to leak until the avid ones arrive!
Specialized Secteur Expert
Kona Hei Hei DL
Cannondale Synapse Ultegra disc 3
Hillbrick Pista

nez1976
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 11:11 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby nez1976 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:05 am

my probikekit gear arrived yesterday. 2 weeks to arrive from belgium, 2 days from arrival in aus to delivery to me. all arrived in perfect condition and nicely packaged. I suppose other than the lack of tracking, it hasn't been THATbad. guess I've been spoiled by wiggle who deliveries are usually withinh the week.

User avatar
jaseyjase
Posts: 2611
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jaseyjase » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:41 am

jaseyjase wrote:Bikebug order, over free postage threshold.

14/2 - ordered and paid
17/2 - job allocated

i should know better then ordering on friday afternoons, feels like i have to wait longer because of the weekend =(


20/2 - dispatched.

Im not impressed to be honest. This is after my previous experience which was my first, where i waited a week as status was 'pending'. Called them up with no real explanation other then 'it slipped through the cracks'

Though id give them a second chance, 6 days from order to dispatch seems a bit long?

BiciBoy
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:34 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby BiciBoy » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:51 am

Took BB a week to just reply to an email from me, asking about a product, so I'd be damned if I ever order from them.

User avatar
jaseyjase
Posts: 2611
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jaseyjase » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:01 pm

jaseyjase wrote:
jaseyjase wrote:Bikebug order, over free postage threshold.

14/2 - ordered and paid
17/2 - job allocated

i should know better then ordering on friday afternoons, feels like i have to wait longer because of the weekend =(


20/2 - dispatched.

Im not impressed to be honest. This is after my previous experience which was my first, where i waited a week as status was 'pending'. Called them up with no real explanation other then 'it slipped through the cracks'

Though id give them a second chance, 6 days from order to dispatch seems a bit long?


hmm...looks like i owe BB an apology.

Looking at the tracking details they gave me, seems their online system is a little delayed

19/2 - items picked up by couriers
20/2 - unsuccessful delivery (instructons to leave at PO)

So, less then a week from order to delivery, satisfied with that.
Last edited by jaseyjase on Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fox81
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:41 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby fox81 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:51 pm

I ordered something from bikebug a week ago. annoyingly an item that was in stock on the site was actually out of stock and I had to chase up my order before they told me as such. once we sorted it out the package arrived (syd to melb) within 24 hours.

BiciBoy
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:34 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby BiciBoy » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:14 pm

Ordered a whole pile of CO2 cannisters from Cell last week - arrived today - great job!

User avatar
jaseyjase
Posts: 2611
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jaseyjase » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:04 pm

jaseyjase wrote:
hmm...looks like i owe BB an apology.

Looking at the tracking details they gave me, seems their online system is a little delayed

19/2 - items picked up by couriers
20/2 - unsuccessful delivery (instructons to leave at PO)

So, less then a week from order to delivery, satisfied with that.


Looks like BB uses Toll, and they dont deal with auspost. Instead they have news agent agents, so you can pick up at a near by newsangency. I thought thats pretty cool as times are more fleixble then POs.

Thumbs up

billy70
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:30 am
Location: Perth

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby billy70 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:17 pm

A couple of recent orders with entirely acceptable shipping times;
- PBK. 1st box was 7 working days, and the second was packed 2 days later (not sure why because everything was in stock) arrived after 10 working days.
- Cell. 4 working days to Perth.

All goods were well packaged and I'm a happy man!
Image

alexander
Posts: 377
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:56 am
Location: Footscray

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby alexander » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:46 am

t7 really impressed me with an exchange I needed. I ordered a jersey, it arrived, and it was too big, I asked about how to process the return and exchange and then pointed me in the right direction, and I sent it back. I followed up online with their live help chat a week later as I hadn't heard, and the very nice person found out where my exchange was at processed the order on the spot. And it arrived today, with a nice little freebie inside. Thanks t7. Very good service. :D
If you've got a $10 head, get a $10 helmet

WarbyD
Posts: 527
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:13 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby WarbyD » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:53 am

Another thumbs up for Cell.. Ordered 3 pairs of the Cell Bibs while they were on special for $14.95 (how could I not at that price!!) about a week ago, they turned up yesterday. They *might* have attempted delivery on Friday (I had a failed delivery Friday, but had two packages arrive yesterday so don't know which was attempted on Friday..). As usual, very happy with the shipping time and the packing - And for $15/ea, DAMNED happy with the bibs! Wore them for my ride this morning and was impressed.

User avatar
jaseyjase
Posts: 2611
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jaseyjase » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:35 pm

Rapha, ordered some caps on sale and some bidons.

21/2 - ordered
22/2 - dispatched
27/2 - DHL card left, will have to grab it from their depot on saturday, otherwise its tuesday redelivery

Ignoto
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Ignoto » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:52 am

Ordered a kit from Jaggad this week (based in Melbourne)

24/2 - Order placed in the PM
25/2 - Jaggad fulfilled order first thing and shipped
28/2 - Aus Post delivered

Jaggad were great to deal with, gave me a huge discount, shame it takes Australia Post 3-4 days to deliver a small package between Melbourne and Brisbane.

rjk
Posts: 409
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:11 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby rjk » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:56 pm

Merlin cycles has delived both of my orders within 5 days to work, great service and the prices are pretty damn good as well
Boardman CX pro now the commuter, Salsa Casseroll, Trek Domane

Return to “Buying a bike / parts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: rheicel