Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

gtext

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby gtext » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:42 am

gtext wrote:Placed a order on line with Highly Tuned Athletes Hampton yesterday for a Garmin Edge 1030 and Garmin Varia radar tail light. Their website shows "now in stock" for both. Next day delivery advertised if in stock but expected that I may have missed their deadline. Rang today to check and was told by them that they had to order more 1030's should ship Tuesday and no stock on the radar should be later this month. He seemed surprised when I said that their website said both in stock.
Guess I was sucked in by their false advertising and not contacting me to say so. Lesson learnt to ring first next time.
Hopefully both eventually arrive or I'll go and see them personally.

At this stage no sign of the package nearly a week from when it was reportedly posted. Contacted Aust Post last week regarding the tracking information to be told it only indicated a booking for a bulk post and there was no physical article linked to that and why it hadn't been updated. Tracking showed no sender or receiver details. Contacted the seller who stated I should have received the package the following day. They stated they would contact Aust post and open an investigation. Shop is closed today but will contact them tomorrow if no show. So it's looking like either the parcel was never posted by the shop or lost/maybe stolen from within Aust Post.

caneye

Postby caneye » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:17 am

ChainReactionCycles

Still my go-to site if I want parts before the next weekend.

Ordered on Sunday, dispatched on the same day, parcel delivered on Friday (metropolitan Sydney) giving me ample time to swop over to my bike.

Cyclophiliac

Postby Cyclophiliac » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:42 pm

Due to difficulty finding some bike parts on any cycling online vendor, I just tried to order the parts on amazon.com, which fortunately did have these parts. Unfortunately, no thanks to the Australian government and Amazon, my order was rejected and the web site told me to visit amazon.com.au instead. Naturally, the product I wanted wasn't available on that site. :roll: (not surprising, because it has nowhere near the product range of amazon.com)
I ended up ordering the parts from Jenson USA instead.

solarvalue

Postby solarvalue » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:13 am

Does anyone know if this store is legit?
http://www.beltdrivebike.com/
Thanks