Credit card fraud re UK

smitsone

Credit card fraud re UK

Postby smitsone » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:32 pm

Have just noticed that Ribble have charged my credit card $138 for goods that I have not ordered. When I go to the Ribble site and try to login into my account it's saying there is no record for me in their system ( despite numerous purchases in the past ).I did get an email from them saying that my goods have been dispatched. three emails later still no contact from them, may have to try the telephone instead. Has anyone else had any recent issues similar to this ?

casual_cyclist

Re: Credit card fraud re UK

Postby casual_cyclist » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:38 pm

smitsone wrote:Has anyone else had any recent issues similar to this ?

No, but if you can't sort it out with ribble, contact your credit card institution. My credit card had fraudulent activities on it before I started buying stuff from ribble, wiggle, CRC et al. :shock:. I contacted my bank and they sorted it out quickly.
<removed by request>

JV911

Postby JV911 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:08 pm

smitsone wrote:When I go to the Ribble site and try to login into my account it's saying there is no record for me in their system (despite numerous purchases in the past)

yep i had to re-register too. i'm guessing its something to do with their website upgrade (i haven't ordered since the upgrade until yesterday)
<---LACC--->
<---BMC SLR01--->

herzog

Postby herzog » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:12 pm

Ribble strikes again...

birdbrain

Postby birdbrain » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:14 pm

Have just noticed that Ribble have charged my credit card $138 for goods that I have not ordered. When I go to the Ribble site and try to login into my account it's saying there is no record for me in their system ( despite numerous purchases in the past ).I did get an email from them saying that my goods have been dispatched. three emails later still no contact from them, may have to try the telephone instead. Has anyone else had any recent issues similar to this ?

I bought some stuff from Amazon a few years back. After I received the items I subsequently had 3 lots of transactions totalling over $1000 on my credit card from people in the US. My suspicion is that an Amazon employee passed on my details to their mates. My bank refunded the charges and issued me with a new credit card. Notify your bank and the transaction should be refunded.

JV911

Postby JV911 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:27 pm

herzog wrote:Ribble strikes again...

:roll: :P

casual_cyclist wrote:My credit card had fraudulent activities on it before I started buying stuff from ribble, wiggle, CRC et al.
<---LACC--->
<---BMC SLR01--->

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm

JV911 wrote:
herzog wrote:Ribble strikes again...

:roll: :P

casual_cyclist wrote:My credit card had fraudulent activities on it before I started buying stuff from ribble, wiggle, CRC et al.

I should mention that I have not had any problems since placing orders with these shops including Ribble. Go figure!
<removed by request>