Polished Alloy Handlebars

MountGower

Polished Alloy Handlebars

Postby MountGower » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:03 pm

All
Last edited by MountGower on Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:58 pm

What shape? My Noodles are polished alloy ... and they are beautiful. Pity I hid them under all that black tape.

Richard
I had a good bike ... so I fixed it

MountGower

Postby MountGower » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:04 pm

42cm
Last edited by MountGower on Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:20 pm

The Noodle

After a lot of mucking about, I actually bought mine from Rivendell(who designed it).

They are a lovely bar. Lots of reach. A bit tight in the curl perhaps but as per the bars of the day. They feature a weird 5 degree pull back on the flats of the bars. This looks strange, but I'm someone who hates flat bar bikes and who, for the same reason, rarely rode on the flats. However, with the Noodle, I find I'm spending a lot of time on the flats so obviously that pull back works. The hooks are slightly flared out too and once again, I find I can ride the hooks quite happily.

Rivendell (who are a bizarre little company but their strange beliefs seem to work) recommend you look at the 46cm bar, which is wider than the 'standard'. I went with that and love it.

The Nitto Noodle? A strange bar with strange claims made for it ... and they're right. They are a very comfortable bar - the only thing I'd like is to have the last bit of the drops angled down as per my Europa's bars, but you can't buy that (I tried).

There are a couple of copies of the Noodle, but at the time I bought mine, they offered no price advantage. The only thing to watch with Rivendell is that they use premium shipping which is pricey. Mine cost me $120 delivered, but about half of that was shipping :shock:

Richard
I had a good bike ... so I fixed it

tallywhacker

Postby tallywhacker » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:19 am