ITM Aero 3.0 wheels

whad

ITM Aero 3.0 wheels

Postby whad » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:53 pm

Has anyone heard of these wheels? Are they any good?

I have been having trouble with my rear Kysirum Elite going out of true on my new Scott CR1 Pro. I'm on my second wheel but still having the same problem. LBS has been great in providing after sales support with this problem. LBS has offered to swap wheelset over for a set of ITM Aero 3.0 wheels for no extra cost. I've never heard of them. Not too much info on the net. An italian company known for handlebars and stems but recenlty branching into other componenets including wheels.

LBS is also going to price set of custom wheels and get back to me on Tuesday.

Any opinions appreciated.

Thanks, Adrian

waynohh

Re: ITM Aero 3.0 wheels

Postby waynohh » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:45 pm

This is the wheelset:

http://www.itm.it/index.php?id=001,020,040,081

Same weight as the wheels you have. I don't see how they can be any superior to the ones you have.

Mine have done 2,000km and never needed truing.

ClownBoy

Postby ClownBoy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:50 am

Mind if I ask how heavy you are?

whad

Postby whad » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:06 pm

ClownBoy wrote:Mind if I ask how heavy you are?

80kg. I have friends with Ksyrium Elites who are heavier and have had no problems. I can only go with my experience. I picked up my Scott in ealry september. The 1st set rear wheel went out of true on 4 occasions before I requested it be replaced under warranty. The 2nd wheel has now gone out of true on 3 occasions. My previous bike had xero lite wheels then mavic Aksium. I put at least 20,000km into each of these wheels with no problems. It is not my riding technique. I am obviuosly having bad luck with presumably a bad batch of wheels. Then again, the LBS has indicated that I am the only person having this problem with the Elites. My thinking is it is time for a differnet set of wheels. the LBS has offered a direct swap for the ITM Aero 3.0 which they have in store. Hence my initial query. They are also going to work out the cost of a pair of custom wheels would be and determine if there is any change over expense.

ClownBoy

Postby ClownBoy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:15 pm

Yeah 80kg sounds like nothing heavy,

waynohh

Postby waynohh » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:54 pm

I'd keep getting replacements until they're not duds anymore.

jacks1071

Postby jacks1071 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:51 pm

whad wrote:
ClownBoy wrote:Mind if I ask how heavy you are?

80kg. I have friends with Ksyrium Elites who are heavier and have had no problems. I can only go with my experience. I picked up my Scott in ealry september. The 1st set rear wheel went out of true on 4 occasions before I requested it be replaced under warranty. The 2nd wheel has now gone out of true on 3 occasions. My previous bike had xero lite wheels then mavic Aksium. I put at least 20,000km into each of these wheels with no problems. It is not my riding technique. I am obviuosly having bad luck with presumably a bad batch of wheels. Then again, the LBS has indicated that I am the only person having this problem with the Elites. My thinking is it is time for a differnet set of wheels. the LBS has offered a direct swap for the ITM Aero 3.0 which they have in store. Hence my initial query. They are also going to work out the cost of a pair of custom wheels would be and determine if there is any change over expense.

They look sound on paper and specification wise they would be a good upgrade on your Elites as long as they are durable enough - these guys are the Aussie importer, maybe call them and find out if they've had any trouble with them? http://www.cyclingextremo.com.au/
Our Website is: http://www.kotavelo.com.au Find us on Facebook by searching for "Kotavelo"