Popular Bike Shops
- Posts: 233
- Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:43 pm
- Location: Toowoomba
- Posts: 8134
- Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:29 am
- Location: Adelaide, South Australia
I started witha $40 pair of Diadora's from Ebay and the SPD A-520 pedals as the first foray into clipless pedals.
Now that I have done a bit of riding and want top keep going, I have just bought a better pair of shoes (Cannondale RP2000 - actually made by Diadora as well) and soem Time RXS Carbon pedals.
Start out with something that fits and is cheaper to get started, and then go from there.
If you can, try on heaps of shoes, as they don't all fit the same. I tried on a few, and most were pretty good, but when I put on the Cannondales, they were superb, so I bought them !!!
- Posts: 17154
- Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
- Location: Sydney AU
MichaelB wrote:Start out with something that fits and is cheaper to get started, and then go from there.
I agree. Often this is the best way to go as it allows the individual to assess what's important for him/her. It's one of those thing that can be considered to be tuition fee.
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
- Super Mod
- Posts: 18330
- Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:42 pm
- Location: Tempe, Sydney
As per the others, you really won' know what you want until you have experienced a set for perhaps a year or so.
BTW, the most important thing is that they fit properlly, which is a bit tricky with mail order.
And just thought I mention that there's a ace Veteran rider that sogood and I know (sideshowbob) who purchased the carbon soled Exaustar's from T7 and loves them.
- Posts: 298
- Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:12 am
- Posts: 7333
- Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:51 am
- Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General Cycling Discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Cell Bikes
- Malvern Star
- Santa Cruz
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.