Help!! 1st purchased from wiggle

skyhigh

Help!! 1st purchased from wiggle

Postby skyhigh » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:15 pm

Hello fellow forumers. Can you share your wiggle experience with me please as I recently purchased 2 pairs of baggy short from wiggle on 13/1/10. It has been 3 weeks and I still havent received the items yet. Is it normal to take that long? Should I inform paypal before 4 weeks cool down period? Can someone give me some advice please?

JV911

Re: Help!! 1st purchased from wiggle

Postby JV911 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:22 pm

welcome :D

have you emailed them?

3 weeks is very unusual (normally within a week) ulness they were out of stock (which is generally displayed at time of order)

plenty of experiences here, 99% of which is positive
<---LACC--->
<---BMC SLR01--->

Dave R32

Postby Dave R32 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:22 pm

My experience has been that they deliver in about 7 days from date of DESPATCH (not date of order).

Chase it up with Wiggle, they are normally pretty good.

Cheers
Dave.
Avanti Vivace = Sold | Trek Madone = Cracked | '12 Caad10 = Sold | Pinarello SDG3K | '14 Caad10 & Bianchi Pista

RodneyOlsen

Postby RodneyOlsen » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:44 pm

I recently ordered a couple of tyres from them (my first purchase) but they weren't in stock at the time.

A week or so later they emailed me to say that my order had been processed and I got the order very quickly after that.

If you log into your account on Wiggle you should be able to see if your order has been processd and despatched yet.
Image Image

skyhigh

Postby skyhigh » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:37 pm

It was despatched on the same day of purchased (13/1/10). Just sent them an email today and still waiting for confirmation. No idea why it took so long.

open roader

Postby open roader » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:40 pm

I recently ordered some parts from CRC - after 15 days without delivery I emailed them asking to confirm shipping my parts. I received an email back within 4 hrs explaining that the foul weather and snow etc over the whole UK and Ireland has caused a large backlog of airfreight with closed airport runways etc etc.

Sure enough, my parts arrived a week later with correct postage date stamps / handling dates etc.

I hope your order with Wiggle is just held up too, but I'd definately email them.
3rd class cycling is always better than 1st class walking

Cinder

Postby Cinder » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:46 pm

I doubt it's delays.

We got shipping notice of a product tat was backordered a week ago, arrived today...
*** insert signature here ***

BIGGRIN

Postby BIGGRIN » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:55 pm

I've had a similar experience. However, communication with Wiggle is pretty prompt and efficient, if you utilise their online messaging facilities. I purchased 7 Jan 2010 and hadn't received the goods by the end of Jan. I contacted them and found out that because 15 working days had passed since the goods were dispatched they were considered to be lost, so they apologised and then advised that another package was on its way with the goods originally ordered etc. Email them and follow their instructions, they seem keen to make the postage thing work.

bella26

Postby bella26 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:40 pm

My experiences with wiggle have all been great. Fast service at great prices. I placed my Latest order on Thurs 28th Jan and it arrived on Tues 2nd Feb. Less than one week - certainly can't complain. :D As the others have said follow it up with them - it may simply be lost in transit!
2014 Bianchi Infinito CV 2012 Wilier Gran Turismo 2012 Specialized Epic FSR Comp 29er

oxblood8

Postby oxblood8 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:01 pm

I made my first wiggle purchase (short sleeve jersey and a long sleeve jersey) last Friday night at about 10pm and my order arrived Wednesday morning. Very impressed.

petal665

Postby petal665 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:09 pm

It's not so much wiggle or any of the UK online shops that make it fast, it Royal Mail. They do an excellent job.

Dave R32

Postby Dave R32 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:48 pm

petal665 wrote:It's not so much wiggle or any of the UK online shops that make it fast, it Royal Mail. They do an excellent job.

Exactly, once the store has passed the parcel onto the mail system it is out of their hands...Royal Mail and Aussie Post are very good as a rule (I have jinxed myself now !!).

Cheers
Dave.
Avanti Vivace = Sold | Trek Madone = Cracked | '12 Caad10 = Sold | Pinarello SDG3K | '14 Caad10 & Bianchi Pista

darkhorse75

Postby darkhorse75 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:00 pm

I recently ordered about 10 items from wiggle, three of which were out of stock and put on back order. I started to get concerned when the items on back order, despatched 7 days after the original order was placed, turned up my door first. after asking at thr local post office if any parcels had come for me and being told no I sent a couple of emails to wiggle to find out what was going on and I received no reply. Just about when I had given up hope and decided I would have to call them on the phone, I walked out to my front door yesterday and voila! my stuff is there two and a half weeks after the order was placed.

Im not sure what happened this time, usually my stuff turns up in less than a week but at least it came eventually, it certainly wont stop me from ordering through them again.

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:40 pm

darkhorse75 wrote:I recently ordered about 10 items from wiggle, three of which were out of stock and put on back order. I started to get concerned when the items on back order, despatched 7 days after the original order was placed, turned up my door first. after asking at thr local post office if any parcels had come for me and being told no I sent a couple of emails to wiggle to find out what was going on and I received no reply. Just about when I had given up hope and decided I would have to call them on the phone, I walked out to my front door yesterday and voila! my stuff is there two and a half weeks after the order was placed.

Im not sure what happened this time, usually my stuff turns up in less than a week but at least it came eventually, it certainly wont stop me from ordering through them again.

Who knows what happens...I had a small package sent to me with some missing parts from a kickstand. The package was was a tiny padded bag, but it had been held and opened for inspection by AQIS because it was apparently suspicious! (or so the nice AQIS leaflet they popped in the bag said) I am not sure what they hoped to find. The package contained exactly one bolt and one rectangular mounting clamp to hold a kickstand onto a bike frame.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '15 Cervelo S5

RodneyOlsen

Postby RodneyOlsen » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:43 pm

queequeg wrote:Who knows what happens...I had a small package sent to me with some missing parts from a kickstand. The package was was a tiny padded bag, but it had been held and opened for inspection by AQIS because it was apparently suspicious! (or so the nice AQIS leaflet they popped in the bag said) I am not sure what they hoped to find. The package contained exactly one bolt and one rectangular mounting clamp to hold a kickstand onto a bike frame.

I've always said that kickstands are dangerous. :)
Image Image

skyhigh

Postby skyhigh » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:51 pm

Thanks for all your info guys. I went to my local post office today and found the parcel was there. Air Mail did not leave a card in my mailbox. It's good to double check with local post office next time.

RodneyOlsen

Postby RodneyOlsen » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:18 pm

skyhigh wrote:Thanks for all your info guys. I went to my local post office today and found the parcel was there. Air Mail did not leave a card in my mailbox. It's good to double check with local post office next time.

I hope you 'politely' informed the people at the post office that they should lift their game.

Glad to hear that it all arrived. I hope you'll stick around on the forums.
Image Image