Nitto Noodle 177 handlebars

thomas_cho

Nitto Noodle 177 handlebars

Postby thomas_cho » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:08 am

Hi everyone, I recall reading in some posts that some of you have this bar. Can this be purchased locally? and for how much?

What is this so called "flat ramps"?

The bars sizes, are they C-C or O-O?

Thanks

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:25 am

After a lot of searching, I bought mine from Rivendell. Their service was excellent but I got stung with the postage which cost me as much as the bars (I didn't ask first). All up, they cost me $134 landed. I think Rivendell use a premium transport system (with tracking and the like) so you may be able to save on the postage.

I never discovered them listed in Australia - my lbs rang one of their distributors who, after a bit of searching, advised me to get them over the internet.

The 'flat ramp' refers to the straight ahead bit just before the hooks start. It provides a long, flat place on which to rest your hands and you can move your hands along that ramp for a variety of hand positions.

The slight pull back looks funny but for the first time ever, I can ride on the flats, something I've never done for any length of time but with the Noodles, I find myself quite comfortable there.

I took a deep breath and went with Rivendell's recomendation that you get the 46cm bars, and love them (as they promised).

These are easily the most comfortable bars I've had, partly because of their shape, partly because of the almost infinite number of hand positions - small movements on the bars make a difference, you can forget the 'three standard positions' that people usually talk about.

I'm not sure what you mean by your last question, so I'm assuming you're talking tube diameter - they are the standard road bar diameter, not oversized.

Richard
I had a good bike ... so I fixed it

thomas_cho

Postby thomas_cho » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:33 am

Richard thanks for your review on the bars.

I meant to ask about the bar widths. The 46cm bars you got are they centre-centre measurements (C-C) or Outside to Outside?

Thanks

Mr888

Postby Mr888 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:57 pm

europa wrote:After a lot of searching, I bought mine from Rivendell.
and all this time I thought that Rivendell was a mythical place where the Elves lived located next to the "Shire" (ref: Lord of the Rings), but now I find that it's only a bike store :lol:
It's the Vibe, It's the Constitution, It's Mabo...it's all that...

stryker84

Postby stryker84 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:12 pm

Mr888 wrote:
europa wrote:After a lot of searching, I bought mine from Rivendell.
and all this time I thought that Rivendell was a mythical place where the Elves lived located next to the "Shire" (ref: Lord of the Rings), but now I find that it's only a bike store :lol:
ONLY a bike store?! Bah, I'd rather a good bike store than some mythical airy-fairy place which I can't get to...

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:06 pm

thomas_cho wrote:Richard thanks for your review on the bars.

I meant to ask about the bar widths. The 46cm bars you got are they centre-centre measurements (C-C) or Outside to Outside?

Thanks
They're outside to outside ... but they used fat cm :roll: Essentially though, it's outside to outside (bit hard to be precise when the bars are covered in bar tape).

Richard
I had a good bike ... so I fixed it