Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Questions about purchasing bicycles and parts

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Pushy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:10 pm

zebedee wrote:and you can be guaranteed Kathmandu aren't selling the light below cost at that.

on fleabay for $29 shipped
Pushy
 
Posts: 994
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:02 am
Location: Freo WA

by BNA » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:29 am

BNA
 

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Comedian » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:29 am

Assos.com.au are doing a closing down deal of 3 UNO shorts for 350. That is a seriously awesome price for great pants.
User avatar
Comedian
 
Posts: 4391
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Purt » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:46 am

Comedian wrote:Assos.com.au are doing a closing down deal of 3 UNO shorts for 350. That is a seriously awesome price for great pants.


$349.26 at wiggle. So not bad for australia.
User avatar
Purt
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:49 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Comedian » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:49 pm

Purt wrote:
Comedian wrote:Assos.com.au are doing a closing down deal of 3 UNO shorts for 350. That is a seriously awesome price for great pants.


$349.26 at wiggle. So not bad for australia.

They are 20% off at wiggle for 137 each???
User avatar
Comedian
 
Posts: 4391
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby JBark » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:44 pm

Noticed the other day when I was doing an Amazon order that they've mistakenly marked the Contour Roam2 in Green as available for shipping overseas:
http://www.amazon.com/Contour-ROAM2-Wat ... B009CN8VNY

$199, comes out to be around $208 shipped.

Gotta be a mistake, because every single other Contour camera on the site is US shipping only. But it does work, mine just shipped yesterday. I suppose it could just be that nobody likes green, so they're got extra stock and are allowing overseas shipping, but I doubt it.
JBark
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:42 pm
Location: South Lake, WA

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Purt » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:36 pm

Comedian wrote:
Purt wrote:
Comedian wrote:Assos.com.au are doing a closing down deal of 3 UNO shorts for 350. That is a seriously awesome price for great pants.


$349.26 at wiggle. So not bad for australia.

They are 20% off at wiggle for 137 each???


15-EXTRA (Minimum spend $225)
User avatar
Purt
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:49 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby mddawson » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:17 pm

JBark wrote:Noticed the other day when I was doing an Amazon order that they've mistakenly marked the Contour Roam2 in Green as available for shipping overseas:
http://www.amazon.com/Contour-ROAM2-Wat ... B009CN8VNY

$199, comes out to be around $208 shipped.

Gotta be a mistake, because every single other Contour camera on the site is US shipping only. But it does work, mine just shipped yesterday. I suppose it could just be that nobody likes green, so they're got extra stock and are allowing overseas shipping, but I doubt it.


I recently picked up a Kryptonite New York lock from Amazon US for around 60% of the cost when purchased in Australia. However they would not ship a cheap torque wrench so it seems to be a bit hit and miss as to OS shipping.
mddawson
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:05 pm

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby yolk » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:00 pm

Purt wrote:
15-EXTRA (Minimum spend $225)


Thanks for that. Perfect timing.
yolk
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:43 pm
Location: Hawthorn, VIC

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Releng » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:17 pm

I just had a pair of these gloves delivered, they look to be the real deal, including a kosher tag. They are probably seconds, there is a bit of an imperfection on the back of the right hand glove.
The postage took a couple of weeks.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/150870544329?var=450099783738&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
User avatar
Releng
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:59 pm
Location: Launceston Tasmania

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Sd » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:02 pm

Maxxis Refuse $22.50

Seems like a pretty good deal if you're in melbs

http://www.reidcycles.com.au/maxxis-re- ... UwdyYwaySM
Sd
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:48 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby kukamunga » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:38 am

73% off Cycle Helmet Light at Kathmandu Easter Sale

(How can they justify the original RRP? Lights like this retail for half this amount in LBS's)
User avatar
kukamunga
 
Posts: 3492
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:12 am
Location: SE Melburbs, on a bike, on a train......

Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Dan » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:45 pm

kukamunga wrote:73% off Cycle Helmet Light at Kathmandu Easter Sale

(How can they justify the original RRP? Lights like this retail for half this amount in LBS's)


I think exchange rates, shipping and gst are the usual suspects, right?? ;)
User avatar
Dan
 
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:32 pm
Location: Vegas, baby

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Kneedown » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:31 pm

SIDI Ergo 3 Vent shoes going for $275 on Wiggle....lots of sizes and colours available.

Awesome shoes...fantastic price!

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/sidi-ergo-3-vent-carbon-vernice-road-shoes/
User avatar
Kneedown
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 5:56 pm
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Purt » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:56 pm

Kneedown wrote:SIDI Ergo 3 Vent shoes going for $275 on Wiggle....lots of sizes and colours available.

Awesome shoes...fantastic price!

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/sidi-ergo-3-vent-carbon-vernice-road-shoes/


15-EXTRA down to $233.
User avatar
Purt
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:49 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby redsonic » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:28 am

Feedback Sports Pro Elite Repair Stands with tote bag delivered to Aus for $242

Backcountry

They are having a special with 20% off any full priced item. Enter code SAVE20. I am sure there are other bargains to be had, but I thought the repair stand was really good value.
I haven't used them before, but they have posted my purchase within 12 hours.
User avatar
redsonic
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:08 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Summernight » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:51 am

redsonic wrote:Feedback Sports Pro Elite Repair Stands with tote bag delivered to Aus for $242

Backcountry

They are having a special with 20% off any full priced item. Enter code SAVE20. I am sure there are other bargains to be had, but I thought the repair stand was really good value.
I haven't used them before, but they have posted my purchase within 12 hours.


I've used BackCountry before (well, I have an account there so I must have purchased something from there ages ago :P ). No problems with them when purchasing ski gear.
User avatar
Summernight
 
Posts: 1392
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:40 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby ray » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:43 am

Merlin has some good deals on Sidi and groupsets as well.
ray
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 11:05 pm

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Purt » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:52 am

ray wrote:Merlin has some good deals on Sidi and groupsets as well.


You've got to be careful with the red groupset on first glance it looks like it's about $200 cheaper than anywhere else. But they've listed a 1070 cassette instead of a 1090 XG which is about $180 cheaper.
User avatar
Purt
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:49 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Dan » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:57 pm

Velogear have free shipping over the weekend to celebrate their new website. No minimum spend.
User avatar
Dan
 
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:32 pm
Location: Vegas, baby

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Gerry.M » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:45 am

Cell have free shipping this long weekend
Gerry.M
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:13 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Calvin27 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:00 pm

99 bikes has $100 voucher for purchases over $600 and, $200 vouchers for purchases over $1500.

Now be nice and no one take my merida big nine for $610 lol.
Calvin27
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:45 pm

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby ratix » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:52 pm

Evans Cycling:

Free delivery on ALL Clothing & Accessory orders for selected countries!
Does not include bulky items.
ratix
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:54 pm

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby art_ok » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:25 am

Trek is running promotion for selected bikes: http://www.trekbikes.com/au/en/promotion/trekfirst
art_ok
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:12 pm

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Sven Nijs » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:09 pm

Torpedo7 have their training rollers reduced to $99. Haven't been that low for a while...
User avatar
Sven Nijs
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:24 am
Location: Sunny Sydney

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby timgrainger » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:21 pm

On the subject of Torpedo7 - I was going to post about their rollers (they're bare bones granted, but for $99 plus P&H, seems okay), but any thoughts on the Tioga 480 Lumen light they have for $35? See http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/TGLIHNNSP

(I'm a big believer in the adage of "if it seems to good to be true, it probably is.". This is a great price for a light of that power...)
timgrainger
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:57 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Buying a bike / parts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Support BNA
Click for online shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Cycling Express Cycling Express
Ebay Ebay AU
ProBikeKit ProBikeKit UK
Evans Cycles Evans Cycles UK
JensonUSA Jenson USA
JensonUSA Competitive Cyclist