Spotted a special - Post it in here!

tomee

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby tomee » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:12 am

Evans cycles have some of the Rapha Team Sky kit for cheaper

Velt

Postby Velt » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:32 pm

slian wrote:
nickdos wrote:Just picked up a Tacx Vortex Smart trainer at ProBikeKit for $378 aud. You have to change the currency to pounds and then use this 30gbp discount code: MVC200PBK (expires 26/6).

The Elite Qubo Digital Smart B+ Turbo Trainer is even cheaper. Both work with Zwift and change resistance like a Kickr.

Sneaky buggers put a huge markup on AUD price (Tacx - $699) presumably because it's our winter and thus trainers are in demand.
Missed out! How do you come across non-AU discount code?
The Trainer is now back in stock

caneye

Postby caneye » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:21 pm

Velt wrote:The Trainer is now back in stock
thanks mate.
when i didn't use a discount code, i was quoted free delivery.
when i used "ITK10" discount code, i got a 12% discount but delivery fee $29.99 added. :D :roll:

vast524

Postby vast524 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:14 pm

nickdos wrote:Just picked up a Tacx Vortex Smart trainer at ProBikeKit for $378 aud. You have to change the currency to pounds and then use this 30gbp discount code: MVC200PBK (expires 26/6).

The Elite Qubo Digital Smart B+ Turbo Trainer is even cheaper. Both work with Zwift and change resistance like a Kickr.

Sneaky buggers put a huge markup on AUD price (Tacx - $699) presumably because it's our winter and thus trainers are in demand.
Hi there Nickdos

Just wondering if your order has arrived yet? I have no fear when ordering non electronic stuff from OS but not sure what happens if I have an issue with the Tacx. I would expect that the Australian distributor will not honor the warranty.
Anyone have any experience with PBK and warranty repairs/returns?
Thanks

TheWall

Postby TheWall » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:40 pm

My fav LBS, Cyclezone in Mooloolaba, has 50% ALL clothing this weekend.

And I have this strange sensation...I do not need anything...but I feel I have to attend. :lol:

nickdos

Postby nickdos » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:56 am

vast524 wrote:

Hi there Nickdos

Just wondering if your order has arrived yet? I have no fear when ordering non electronic stuff from OS but not sure what happens if I have an issue with the Tacx. I would expect that the Australian distributor will not honor the warranty.
Anyone have any experience with PBK and warranty repairs/returns?
Thanks
Yes, the trainer arrived in just over a week after I ordered it. I did think about warranty and my solution was to use PayPal to buy it. That way if I have to send it back to PBK or Tacx UK for warranty, then PayPal will cover the postage (see https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns) - there are some limitations to this ($45 max limit, etc) but it seemed worth the risk to me.

vast524

Postby vast524 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:14 pm

nickdos wrote:Yes, the trainer arrived in just over a week after I ordered it. I did think about warranty and my solution was to use PayPal to buy it. That way if I have to send it back to PBK or Tacx UK for warranty, then PayPal will cover the postage (see https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns) - there are some limitations to this ($45 max limit, etc) but it seemed worth the risk to me.
Thanks for the info

cyclebee

Postby cyclebee » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:13 pm

Velogear 20% off (code STOCKTAKE) & Free Shipping

redsonic

Postby redsonic » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:39 pm

Merlin have the Fly12 for $343.11. Anyone seen it cheaper?

Skexis

Postby Skexis » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:40 pm

Tyres. Dunno if this has already been posted. Looks like a good deal though. HTH.
https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/259429

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:39 pm

redsonic wrote:Merlin have the Fly12 for $343.11. Anyone seen it cheaper?
I don't think they will post to Australia.

When you go to check out there awaits " This product cannot be shipped to your selected delivery country of "Australia". Please remove this item."
Surly Ogre, Extrawheel trailer.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:02 pm

rifraf wrote:
I don't think they will post to Australia.

When you go to check out there awaits " This product cannot be shipped to your selected delivery country of "Australia". Please remove this item."
Interesting. I'm sure this wasn't the case a month or so ago. Sounds like the Australian distributor, FE Sports, has pressured Cycliq to stop Merlin from selling to Australia. Recall that FE Sports has form with pressuring Garmin to stop the discounting from overseas online stores. How the ACCC doesn't get involved I don't know.

2ndeffort

Postby 2ndeffort » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:02 pm

biker jk wrote:Interesting. I'm sure this wasn't the case a month or so ago. Sounds like the Australian distributor, FE Sports, has pressured Cycliq to stop Merlin from selling to Australia. Recall that FE Sports has form with pressuring Garmin to stop the discounting from overseas online stores. How the ACCC doesn't get involved I don't know.
Merlin = $343 with free postage to Oz, Cycliq's own online shop = $499 + $15 postage. $171 Australia Tax right there, much bigger differential than can be blamed on GST etc! Presumably Merlin are selling at a profit. Sad day when we have to buy an Australian product via the UK to avoid being bent over, sadder still when Australian companies themselves are implementing the barriers to ensure that we are suitably pillaged as consumers.

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:28 pm

2ndeffort wrote:
biker jk wrote:Interesting. I'm sure this wasn't the case a month or so ago. Sounds like the Australian distributor, FE Sports, has pressured Cycliq to stop Merlin from selling to Australia. Recall that FE Sports has form with pressuring Garmin to stop the discounting from overseas online stores. How the ACCC doesn't get involved I don't know.
Merlin = $343 with free postage to Oz, Cycliq's own online shop = $499 + $15 postage. $171 Australia Tax right there, much bigger differential than can be blamed on GST etc! Presumably Merlin are selling at a profit. Sad day when we have to buy an Australian product via the UK to avoid being bent over, sadder still when Australian companies themselves are implementing the barriers to ensure that we are suitably pillaged as consumers.
rifraf wrote: I don't think they will post to Australia.

Do you not get the banner (as above)? :?
Surly Ogre, Extrawheel trailer.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:58 pm

rifraf wrote: I don't think they will post to Australia.

Do you not get the banner (as above)? :?
The banner is there now but wasn't a month or so ago.

2wheels_mond

Postby 2wheels_mond » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:38 am

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/259546

Shimano Ultegra 6800 11 Speed Groupset $657.99 Delivered from Probikekit.com.au

li2099

Postby li2099 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:42 am

That does look spectacular however just tried adding it to cart but they won't ship here.
I noticed a lot of things nowadays are like that, eg. K-edge won't ship some mounts to Australia from Amazon.
Conveniently, you can purchase it here at a much dearer price. :x

redsonic

Postby redsonic » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:29 pm

li2099 wrote:
That does look spectacular however just tried adding it to cart but they won't ship here.
I noticed a lot of things nowadays are like that, eg. K-edge won't ship some mounts to Australia from Amazon.
Yes, keener buyers than I have already hit this hurdle. Even the Merlin price was out of my budget, so I hadn't encountered the block at checkout.

tomee

Postby tomee » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:30 pm

li2099 wrote:
cyclesUK sell them for around $370 and ship to AUS

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:21 pm

tomee wrote:
li2099 wrote:
Until FE Sports complain to Cycliq...

redsonic

Postby redsonic » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:33 pm

tomee wrote:
li2099 wrote:
Just checked and there is a note beside the product "we do not ship this item to Australia"
Damn, FE Sports are quick...

cyclebee

Postby cyclebee » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:15 pm

redsonic wrote:
tomee wrote:
li2099 wrote: That does look spectacular however just tried adding it to cart but they won't ship here.
Just checked and there is a note beside the product "we do not ship this item to Australia"
Damn, FE Sports are quick...
They probably monitor this thread.

li2099

Postby li2099 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:41 pm

tomee wrote:
li2099 wrote:
Yeah I saw that but someone here mentioned the URL is reads Cycle-SUK which makes it a bit suss.

2ndeffort

Postby 2ndeffort » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:11 pm

What else does FE Sports distribute so I know never to spend any money on their products!

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:08 am

2ndeffort wrote:What else does FE Sports distribute so I know never to spend any money on their products!
Apart from Cycliq, the list includes Garmin, K-Edge, Stages Power and Wahoo Fitness.