Spotted a special - Post it in here!

2wheels_mond

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby 2wheels_mond » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:19 pm

dalai47 wrote:
caneye wrote:
2wheels_mond wrote:Uniqlo have the coupon code NEWSTORE10 active at the moment - $10 off with a $20 minimum spend, and free postage.

I really like their Heattech v-neck t-shirts as base layers, great for 5-15 degrees in my opinion, and they're only $9.90 at the moment.

http://www.uniqlo.com/au/store/heattech ... 00003.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

With the above code, it means you could get 2 for $10 with free shipping, although you'll need something to get you over the $20 (some socks maybe).
i do like the Heat Tech shirts. i have a sleeveless one. i wear it in summer as well as winter!
How do they fit sizing wise?
At 5'9, 65 kgs and 85cm chest I go Extra Small and it's spot on - if you're in-between two sizes I'd probably go towards the smaller one.

carcharias

Postby carcharias » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:44 am

Planetx of Sheffield, England, have a very cheap LED Front bike light for 2.49 GBP!

Phaart Aeon 3 Watt LED Front Light (looks very similar to the 2010 version of the Smart Lunar 35 lux from Taiwan)

The only catch is the handle bar mount that comes with the Phaart is for narrow diameter bars and not that good, however, the light fits no problemo on Smart Lunar series mounts that are cheaply available from ribble.co.uk
It does NOT come with 2x AA's batteries.
I run mine on IKEA NiMH's AA size. One other thing is that the light will only fit some brands of NiMH's (Sanyo Enerloop, IKEA fit), Ansmann, ALDI are a tight fit.
It's a great light for urban use, is bright enough, have no idea how water resistant it is, that's easily sorted out with electrical tape though...

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:06 pm

No one could ever say you oversold the light LOL

2wheels_mond

Postby 2wheels_mond » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:37 am

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-t ... =HTMLEmail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gabbas for $174, M-2XL

Purt

Postby Purt » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:15 pm

2wheels_mond wrote:http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-t ... =HTMLEmail

Gabbas for $174, M-2XL
$163 at c r c

caneye

Postby caneye » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:42 pm

Gabbas for $174, M-2XL

is there a discount code?
after converting currency to AUD, it's showing up as A$210?

petal665

Postby petal665 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:47 pm

have you set destination to australia?

2wheels_mond

Postby 2wheels_mond » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:23 pm

Purt wrote:

Gabbas for $174, M-2XL
$163 at c r c
Good find, plenty of colours and sizes there too.

battler2

Postby battler2 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:38 pm

i've been looking at getting a gabba 2 for a short while now. how good are they really? i was preferring a LS as i imagine it'd be a better winter jersey than summer. but i suppose a SS with arm warmers would work as well for cooler but not too cold temps.

not sure why it's sometimes labelled as a 'jacket', as it looks like a jersey and i'd probably put a jacket over the top anyway in the morning (or is it not necessary?)

also, have a fair few of castelli bibs, and the free race aero is good (as long as you don't want a THICK pad), but the bodypaint 2.0 bibs are even better (same pad too), in fact they're near rapha quality (same material AFAICT). cheapest i've ever paid for the BP 2.0 is around 130 with wiggle vouchers (really cheap, so i ordered several), and free race aero can be had for about 120ish on a decent sale.

with the gabba, i see it at torpedo7 for 175 in LS, but only fluro colour, and limited sizes.

for those that have the gabba. how's the fit?

redsonic

Postby redsonic » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:52 am

battler2 wrote:i've been looking at getting a gabba 2 for a short while now. how good are they really? i was preferring a LS as i imagine it'd be a better winter jersey than summer. but i suppose a SS with arm warmers would work as well for cooler but not too cold temps.

not sure why it's sometimes labelled as a 'jacket', as it looks like a jersey and i'd probably put a jacket over the top anyway in the morning (or is it not necessary?)

also, have a fair few of castelli bibs, and the free race aero is good (as long as you don't want a THICK pad), but the bodypaint 2.0 bibs are even better (same pad too), in fact they're near rapha quality (same material AFAICT). cheapest i've ever paid for the BP 2.0 is around 130 with wiggle vouchers (really cheap, so i ordered several), and free race aero can be had for about 120ish on a decent sale.

with the gabba, i see it at torpedo7 for 175 in LS, but only fluro colour, and limited sizes.

for those that have the gabba. how's the fit?
I have both the short and long sleeved gabba jerseys; they are really good at keeping you comfortable in the wet. They are quite light; not really a "thermal" top, so a warm base layer underneath is enough for me except on the coldest Brisbane mornings. Fit wise, I would say normal, close, Castelli fit.
If you are tossing between long or short sleeved, have you considered the Exteondo version? $190 at Wiggle with the current TDF discount:
http://www.this link is broken.au/exteondo-team- ... er-jersey/

It comes with the water repellant arm warmers. I have no idea what it is like, but Exteondo quality is really good; better than Castelli, IMHO.

Ross

Postby Ross » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:35 pm

Open Road Cycles have the SS Gabba (only 2XL in Black) for $129. http://www.openroadcycles.com.au/produc ... ersey-2013" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've got the LS Gabba and am a bit dissapointed in it that it isn't warmer and that the rear pockets are a bit shallow.

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:22 am

4 pack of GP 4000s 2 tyres at $200 from Open Road Cycles (Vic) free shipping in Aus.

http://www.openroadcycles.com.au/produc ... x-4000s-ii
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

ball bearing

Postby ball bearing » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:38 am

Ross wrote: I've got the LS Gabba and am a bit dissapointed in it that it isn't warmer and that the rear pockets are a bit shallow.
It's pretty warm with a thermal baselayer underneath. Castelli need to revise their sizing - I usually wear medium and the Gabba I have is an XL and it is skin tight, but comfy once you are in the riding position. I never use the pockets because of the fit.

ball bearing

Postby ball bearing » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:40 am

Bunged Knee wrote:4 pack of GP 4000s 2 tyres at $200 from Open Road Cycles (Vic) free shipping in Aus.

http://www.openroadcycles.com.au/produc ... x-4000s-ii
We want 25! There must be a glut of 23.

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:28 pm

2wheels_mond wrote:At 5'9, 65 kgs and 85cm chest I go Extra Small and it's spot on - if you're in-between two sizes I'd probably go towards the smaller one.
Received mine today. Went with medium and still a fraction loose IMO as an undershirt on me, but for $5 each can't be beat!

battler2

Postby battler2 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:36 pm

Decided to ask Wiggle what's the deal with P2P, and got this response.
P2P is a courier service that we use for orders with delivery to Australia. Australia Post has been one we have used in the past and still continue to sometimes, but orders are being upgraded to P2P now as this enables you to have free tracking with your order, whereas there is no tracking with the standard free delivery Air Mail service.

I can only apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Looking into the Gabba 2 I discovered that this fabric is now fairly common place, 3 other known brands use it (or very similar), but not stocked by wiggle or c r c, and not cheap either elsewhere.

@ball bearing: 2 sizes up!??! wow, considering I fit an L in aero race jersey, I was going to go XL, maybe I should XXL? hmm
@redsonic: bad reviews re: arm warmers on that package. and the price isn't good overall as a result :(

caneye

Postby caneye » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:52 am

my $0.02.
my Gabba2 LS has been worth every cent. though it's not cheap, i believe it's money well spent.
i wear it with a LS base layer or LS jersey with something like a Uniqlo Heat Tech sleeveless top.
i find it comfortable over a wide range of temperature (eg 5-15c). having the 2 zippers on the sides does aid the air flow.
so whilst it not only keeps you warm, but it keeps you cool when you start warming up.

waterproof .... have also cycled through light shower and it kept me dry. mind you, it wasn't heavy rain.

sizing-wise .. it is indeed a tight slim fit. i'm 69kg/171cm and it fits me very snugly (M). i can't afford to put on any weight!

i'm mulling over a 2nd one because i tore the elbow when i had a stack last month. still looking at my options .. if i do get another one, then i'll go up a size bigger.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:48 am

ribble - 10% off. usual exclusions. code is MID10

Rex

Postby Rex » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:37 pm

jasonc wrote:ribble - 10% off. usual exclusions. code is MID10
When are they going to restock their Shimano components? Specifically di2.

Good discount but

DC_1981

Postby DC_1981 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:05 pm

With the release of the Edge 520, Bikebug have the 510 for $299.

http://www.bikebug.com/garmin-edge-510-p-19723.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:46 pm

Rex wrote:
jasonc wrote:ribble - 10% off. usual exclusions. code is MID10
When are they going to restock their Shimano components? Specifically di2.

Good discount but
I've been waiting for the 25mm twin pack of Vittoria Corsa SC tyres to come pack in stock. There always seems to be none avalible :evil:

Ross

Postby Ross » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:05 am

Stages Ultegra 6700
A$688.74
http://www.merlincycles.com/stages-powe ... 85003.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thoglette

Postby Thoglette » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:35 am

Cell have the truely dodgy Vittoria Rally tubulars on sale at a realist price $15!

Having bought them they are proof it is possible to pay too little. :-)
But they are about $70 cheaper than any other 25mm tubular. (If you want 22mm, buy the yellow jersey tyres, which are actually round)
Last edited by Thoglette on Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stop handing them the stick! - Dave Moulton
"People are worthy of respect, ideas are not." Peter Ellerton, UQ

petal665

Postby petal665 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:38 am

Yes, stupidly sh*t tubular.

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:58 pm

petal665 wrote:Yes, stupidly sh*t tubular.
I haven't had any issue with mine. Not that I have done huge kilometres on them.

I dont know what people expect for the money but they're really not that bad a tyre. To be honest there that cheap who cares if they flat.

To bad cell only has the 21mm version. It's funny that the photo is of the Coras SC. Complete opposites of the spectrum in singles.