Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Questions about purchasing bicycles and parts

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Sven Nijs » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:41 pm

elStado wrote:I bought 14 pairs of Shimano R106 shoes from Cell bikes who had them on sale for $9.90 each. Thought I had the bargain of the century. However they just sent me an email saying it was an error and they have cancelled my order, giving me a $10 voucher for my troubles.

Who can I contact about getting my order enforced? Ministry of Fair Trading? I have screen shots of the advertised product and my final order confirmation.

Happens all the time on the computer geek forums. Member X sees a product obviously advertised at the wrong price, tries to buy a ton of them in the hope of making a profit selling them on, retailer notes the mistake, says it's an error, member X gets upset and the rest of the forum have a good laugh.

You gave it a shot, it was a pricing error, they've given you a $10 voucher. Be happy :D
It's a bit warmer here than Scotland isn't it!
User avatar
Sven Nijs
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:24 am
Location: Sunny Sydney

by BNA » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:44 pm

BNA
 

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:44 pm

Reid Cycles are doing a wheelset clearance - complete wheelsets starting at $25
(Shipping from $19 Auswide and they have a Melb, Syd and Bris store)

We are thinking entry level fixie wheels.
User avatar
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8904
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:14 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby elStado » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:48 pm

Sven Nijs wrote:
elStado wrote:I bought 14 pairs of Shimano R106 shoes from Cell bikes who had them on sale for $9.90 each. Thought I had the bargain of the century. However they just sent me an email saying it was an error and they have cancelled my order, giving me a $10 voucher for my troubles.

Who can I contact about getting my order enforced? Ministry of Fair Trading? I have screen shots of the advertised product and my final order confirmation.

Happens all the time on the computer geek forums. Member X sees a product obviously advertised at the wrong price, tries to buy a ton of them in the hope of making a profit selling them on, retailer notes the mistake, says it's an error, member X gets upset and the rest of the forum have a good laugh.

You gave it a shot, it was a pricing error, they've given you a $10 voucher.


Yeah it was worth a crack. I don't really care either way, I'd never usually buy anything from Cell (unless it's shoes for $9.90!) so the $10 voucher is worth peanuts.

Be happy :D


I am, especially after cycling home this evening! :)
Check out my practical cycling and cycle touring website: VELOPHILE AUSTRALIA
User avatar
elStado
 
Posts: 2327
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:27 pm
Location: Riding somewhere around Perth on my Vivente World Randonneur!

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:40 am

On the price error with the Shimano shoes, you could chat with them and see if they are willing to make you a fantastic offer for 1 pair of shoes. Don't know how it would go though would forget the ACCC. While it is nice to think it was a great deal, it is also reasonable that the price may have been an error and that 10 pairs of shoes for personal use is extreme, plus they showed goodwill with the voucher.
User avatar
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8904
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:14 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Aushiker » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:31 am

Image

More details at Highly Tuned Athletes.

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Image
User avatar
Aushiker
 
Posts: 19947
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby elStado » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:29 am

AUbicycles wrote:On the price error with the Shimano shoes, you could chat with them and see if they are willing to make you a fantastic offer for 1 pair of shoes. Don't know how it would go though would forget the ACCC. While it is nice to think it was a great deal, it is also reasonable that the price may have been an error and that 10 pairs of shoes for personal use is extreme, plus they showed goodwill with the voucher.


meh. I work mate ordered one pair (hence how I heard about the shoes) and I think they have knocked him back too.
Check out my practical cycling and cycle touring website: VELOPHILE AUSTRALIA
User avatar
elStado
 
Posts: 2327
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:27 pm
Location: Riding somewhere around Perth on my Vivente World Randonneur!

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby t.shields » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 pm

Anyone seen a special on CRC lately that still works? Have to pick up a few things soon. Thanks.
t.shields
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:15 am

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Nhutty » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:36 pm

Aushiker wrote:Image

More details at Highly Tuned Athletes.

Andrew


Nice price, might be time to upgrade my cateye double wireless.
Nhutty
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:11 pm

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby MarkG » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:36 pm

I've never seen that pack for $450 before.
I got one for $350 about 6 weeks ago and it was from my lbs..
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"
User avatar
MarkG
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:02 pm
Location: Perth, Australia

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby stinhambo » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:47 pm

MarkG wrote:I've never seen that pack for $450 before.
I got one for $350 about 6 weeks ago and it was from my lbs..


Perhaps they accidentally added a 0 to the end of the figure? :twisted:
Image
User avatar
stinhambo
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:40 pm
Location: Northern Beaches, Cairns, QLD

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby t.shields » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:26 pm

PBK coupon

Tour10 = 10% off

PBK also has free shipping to Australia right now so might be worth checking.
t.shields
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:15 am

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby ftssjk » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:43 pm

just used this on wiggle

Cycling30

$30 off the basket price on orders over $150.
limited time though, (unsure of when).

free shipping too for the tour.
ftssjk
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:52 am

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Purt » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:30 pm

t.shields wrote:PBK coupon

Tour10 = 10% off

PBK also has free shipping to Australia right now so might be worth checking.


Try out ROW25 as well, not sure if it's off rrp or sale price though...

Ribble also have some good prices on assos atm. Uno bibs are about $130 delivered with XTRA10.
User avatar
Purt
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:49 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:10 am

Probikekit 10% off : TOUR10

Any they have other specials running
User avatar
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8904
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:14 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby mjd » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:38 pm

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk have 20% off Assos products with a further 10% off with code XTRA10.
mjd
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:08 am

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby cry_niven » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:59 pm

http://www.avantiplus.com.au/products/av500a225/title/avanti-quantum-tour-de-france-ltd-edition

New to these forums, but am deeply considering this for my first Roadie =) (been on a MS mountain bike over a year and a half)
Bike looks DOPE

Image
cry_niven
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:26 pm

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Dac » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:58 pm

Bike 24 has ZIPP 404s on special, would work out at about $1,300 delivered (+ GST and charges if you're unlucky with Customs)

ZIPP 404

what's the catch? I'm assuming that these are cheap because they're 2011 models and not the latest Firecrest version but this is about what I'd expect to pay for one 404 wheel. Can someone who knows explain what exactly is on offer here and whether it's a bargain?
Dac
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:40 pm

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby gururug » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:24 pm

Market is pretty saturated with deep section wheels at the moment, most people wanting deep zipps want firecrests so they dropped the price point to compete with cheaper competitors and dump stock.
User avatar
gururug
 
Posts: 1501
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:05 pm

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby jasonc » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:25 pm

cry_niven wrote:New to these forums, but am deeply considering this for my first Roadie =) (been on a MS mountain bike over a year and a half)
Bike looks DOPE


wheels are "dope" as you put it. budget for a wheel upgrade.
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 5605
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:54 pm

Replica BMC kit - jersey with full length zip, bib shorts, carry bag. $99 delivered!! 2 for 180 delivered.
User avatar
bigfriendlyvegan
 
Posts: 2999
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:18 pm
Location: Denistone, NSW

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Sven Nijs » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:41 pm

gururug wrote:Market is pretty saturated with deep section wheels at the moment, most people wanting deep zipps want firecrests so they dropped the price point to compete with cheaper competitors and dump stock.

Plus they are Shimano/SRAM 10spd which are not compatible with the new 11spd DA9000 series being released soon (although they can possibly be upgraded later - TBC)
It's a bit warmer here than Scotland isn't it!
User avatar
Sven Nijs
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:24 am
Location: Sunny Sydney

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby cry_niven » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:45 am

jasonc wrote:
cry_niven wrote:New to these forums, but am deeply considering this for my first Roadie =) (been on a MS mountain bike over a year and a half)
Bike looks DOPE


wheels are "dope" as you put it. budget for a wheel upgrade.


was always on the cards mate, no need to be a ratbag.
cry_niven
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:26 pm

Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby ozdavo » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:05 am

Bike Force TDF special:

2013 Merida Scultura 905; full carbon; Ultegra; FSA & Fulcrum wheels
Per-order $1999
RRP $2599
http://www.bikeforce.com.au/site_pages/1414-tour-de-france-sale
23% off next years model is unheard of IMO...
Cheaper than current specials on 2012 models (though I haven't compared specs)
Always looking for new rides & ride partners in SE QLD area
User avatar
ozdavo
 
Posts: 997
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:03 pm
Location: Gold Coast (nth)

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby jasonc » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:27 am

cry_niven wrote:
jasonc wrote:
cry_niven wrote:New to these forums, but am deeply considering this for my first Roadie =) (been on a MS mountain bike over a year and a half)
Bike looks DOPE


wheels are "dope" as you put it. budget for a wheel upgrade.


was always on the cards mate, no need to be a ratbag.


wasn't intending to be a ratbag, just trying to be "down with it" :mrgreen:
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 5605
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Redbull » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:38 am

Dac wrote:Bike 24 has ZIPP 404s on special, would work out at about $1,300 delivered (+ GST and charges if you're unlucky with Customs)

ZIPP 404

what's the catch? I'm assuming that these are cheap because they're 2011 models and not the latest Firecrest version but this is about what I'd expect to pay for one 404 wheel. Can someone who knows explain what exactly is on offer here and whether it's a bargain?


How does 1200 Euro ex works equate to $1300 AUD delivered to Australia?
The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass
User avatar
Redbull
 
Posts: 1906
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:19 pm
Location: Rockingham

PreviousNext

Return to Buying a bike / parts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot]



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU



InTouch with BNA
“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter