Great Shopping Experiences

thatmdee

Re: Great Shopping Experiences

Postby thatmdee » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:59 am

Cycle Fitness Nutrition in Newcastle.

I was after a Wahoo Kickr 2016 model. Called up, and it was in stock. Dropped around after work, they swapped over the 11 speed cassette for an 8-speed (yep, I spent $1600 on a trainer that's worth over double my road bike!).

Very friendly, quick, efficient and helpful customer service. A very nice looking and professional store. I'll definitely be going back there - probably some shoes will be next on the list.

I nearly ordered the Kickr online, but it was great to be able to find it locally and support a local store.

thecraig

Postby thecraig » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:53 am

Kudos to Bike Bug (Whippets Workshop) in Stepney SA.

Was desperate for a compact crankset before the Bupa Challenge (fear of Checker Hill!) and they actually swapped one from a bike in stock in order to install it in mine before the ride. Very impressive service.

Rural Rider

Postby Rural Rider » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:33 pm

Well I went to Velocipede Cycles in Parramatta today and got fitted for a 2016 Specialized Allez e5 Sport - got a deal on the last years model and got the colour I wanted taboot. I'm 6ft tall - 183cm - and the 56 Frame is bang on correct for me personally so it seems the 58 would have been massive overkill though the Manufacturers Data suggests 183cm is a 58!

With the saving I made on the 2016 Allez I was able to purchase new clip shoes, clip pedals, helmet, bottle and carrier, pump, spare tube and carry bag into the bargain. I'm very happy ... and must give a HUGE thumbs up and thanks to Dave at http://www.velocipede.com.au/ who spent about 2 hours with me fitting everything up - fantastic Bike shop and genuine, no B.S, friendly service.

It will take me a few rides to get used to having a 2 x 9 Shimano Sora gear set .... coming from a 3 Speed Sturmey Archer Hub! ... But I think I'll take to it fairly quickly once I firgure it all out ... clip pedals will be an interesting new challenge also, but looking forward to that as well. :D

Cheers, RR.
2017 Trek Emonda SL6
2016 Specialized Allez e5 Sport

Patt0

Postby Patt0 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:16 pm

Anyone notice nearly all the lifeline products have disappeared off wiggle site?

Widget

Postby Widget » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:10 am

Patt0 wrote:Anyone notice nearly all the lifeline products have disappeared off wiggle site?
Seems limited on the australian wiggle site.. a lot more on the .co.uk site

celeste boy

Postby celeste boy » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:25 am

Rural Rider wrote:Well I went to Velocipede Cycles in Parramatta today and got fitted for a 2016 Specialized Allez e5 Sport - got a deal on the last years model and got the colour I wanted taboot. I'm 6ft tall - 183cm - and the 56 Frame is bang on correct for me personally so it seems the 58 would have been massive overkill though the Manufacturers Data suggests 183cm is a 58!

With the saving I made on the 2016 Allez I was able to purchase new clip shoes, clip pedals, helmet, bottle and carrier, pump, spare tube and carry bag into the bargain. I'm very happy ... and must give a HUGE thumbs up and thanks to Dave at http://www.velocipede.com.au/ who spent about 2 hours with me fitting everything up - fantastic Bike shop and genuine, no B.S, friendly service.

It will take me a few rides to get used to having a 2 x 9 Shimano Sora gear set .... coming from a 3 Speed Sturmey Archer Hub! ... But I think I'll take to it fairly quickly once I firgure it all out ... clip pedals will be an interesting new challenge also, but looking forward to that as well. :D

Cheers, RR.
Remember, average number of falls forgetting that you are clipped in is 3. Worst is when that happens right in front of 2nd -in-charge.

CB

Rural Rider

Postby Rural Rider » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:07 pm

Just had great service and fast shipping buying from Pushy's ... bought a new Exposure Strada 800lm Front Light and a Garmin Edge 520 - free shipping, items arrived inside 5 days from Brisbane to Country NSW. Very happy with products and the service!

RR
2017 Trek Emonda SL6
2016 Specialized Allez e5 Sport

Specialized29er

Postby Specialized29er » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:01 am

I like Pushys to but what they stock are limited. Super fast delivery and have not faulted there services yet.

Elsior

Postby Elsior » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:28 am

Great shopping experience with Bicycles Online.

Bought 2x Polygon Bend RVs and they arrived the day after they're dispatched from NSW to Vic.

Had trouble installing the Naild thru axle and they provided assistance to resolve it.

Very pleased that they're bringing Polygon bikes into Australia, really great value for money.

thejrider

Postby thejrider » Wed May 03, 2017 9:42 pm

Cycles Galleria in Williamstown - very helpful for an absolute noob such as myself.

Been to numerous other stores, but their customer service was far superior. Knowledgeable, friendly, helpful and logical in their advice/suggestions.

RobertL

Postby RobertL » Thu May 18, 2017 11:09 am

Don't rule out your LBS!

I want to replace the foam pads in my Giro Foray helmet. I had a quick look online, and can get them delivered for $23.95. Estimated delivery mid to late next week.

I then phoned the LBS where I bought the helmet. They stock some replacement pads, but not all. A quick look on their computer and they can get them in for me by mid to late next week for $19.99.

Thanks to Sharon at Bike Obsession in Brisbane.

redsonic

Postby redsonic » Thu May 18, 2017 7:12 pm

I needed to find a "safety flag" for my Mum and her new recumbent trike. Looked online, was going to have to pay $25-30 to have it delivered. Went to my LBS (Rival Bikes at Wynnum), not expecting them to have any in stock, yet they had them for less than $20, plus 20% off as part of their Mother's day sale.
Rival bikes frequently surprises me at how cost competitive they are with online shops.

john1664

Postby john1664 » Thu May 25, 2017 4:32 pm

Scored a GIant TCR Advanced 1 Disc for $1999 at Cycleworld in Croydon west. Very friendly and helpful. Fast response when you call/message them up. Cheers

10speedsemiracer

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:31 pm

Need to chime in with another positive review for Pushys. Good prices for a local business (Conti GP4000 II $44, Vittoria Zaffiro $19), easy to use website, notification emails when out of stock items get restocked, and really quick turnaround on orders. Ordered set of Vittorias, tubes , cables, chainring, brake pads and other crap in the middle of last night, tracking tells me I'll have it tomorrow. I've had a much better experience with Pushys when compared to Wiggle for example
Campagnolo for show, SunTour for go

Ross

Postby Ross » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:21 am

Wiggle - again! I ordered a few spare tubes and a chain from Wiggle this morning and an hour later I receive and email saying it is already picked and packed. That is outstanding IMO.

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:51 am

Bike Bug - ordered one day, delivered the next.

thatmdee

Postby thatmdee » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:58 am

VeloOne - great service, price and packaging. Purchased 2 pairs of bibs with the Black Friday coupon. Have been rotating between them for a week or so now, and they're great. Quality seems good, and they're comfortable -- although have only been using for 1.5 - 2 hour Zwift sessions.

Sizing guide (I think?) seemed pretty spot on. At first I thought the bibs might be too small, but I think maybe they're just a bit more fitting and 'racier' than I'm used to, particularly around the leg grippers. Up until now I've only worn cheap dhb Aeron bibs, and some Rapha Classic bibs (which seem very loose and casual by comparison -- actually disappointed with the Rapha bibs in comparison!).

The packaging and hand written post card note thanking me for the order was a nice touch. Would definitely recommend VeloOne.

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:40 am

Abbotsford Cycles. Ordered a part on Sunday night after googling around to find they had the best price and stock for the part I wanted and item was delivered on Tuesday morning!

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:57 pm

Pushys in Qld.

Had to get a new frame at short notice.

Found an alternate to get me going at minimal cost - a Kenisis Racelight 4S frame from Pushys. Swap all the bits over and I'm up and running again.

Have been negotiating with Pushys to do a deal, and whilst they can't budge on the shipping, they have come down on the frame price and the other bits to almost the same amount, so whilst it ain't a huge amount, better than nothing. Thumbs up to them.

All the bits will be here before Xmas, so can get it together quick and only really lose a week of riding

Adstar

Postby Adstar » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:05 am

The Cyclery in Braddon, Canberra.

Today I picked up my new Specialized Roubaix Comp from the crew after some outstanding, friendly and helpful service.

I had been looking for a bike for about two months and had some terrible experiences from bike shops not interested in helping out a rider at 6'4. Apparently it is ridiculous to ask some shops if they had any stock in XL or equivalent.

The guys at the Cyclery had no such issues - sized me up, ordered the bike and fitted me up with no hassle or grief. Therefore they've got my money and my loyalty for the next 3 years at least!

Ad

deadwax

Postby deadwax » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:34 pm

Ordered a bunch of parts from bike-discount.de over the christmas/new year break. No problems with the order and easily the best prices around, a lot cheaper than c r c/Wiggle. Pretty generous with what they'll ship for E25 as well.

Zippy7

Postby Zippy7 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:37 pm

deadwax wrote:Ordered a bunch of parts from bike-discount.de over the christmas/new year break. No problems with the order and easily the best prices around, a lot cheaper than c r c/Wiggle. Pretty generous with what they'll ship for E25 as well.
Wow 25.99 Euro for shipping! Thats a lot of money.
I suppose your basket is into the hundreds of dollars to make it worthwhile.
c r c gives free shipping for only AUD $80 spend...
Successful trades : Rheicel, Je, wgc138, 2ndeffort, celeste boy, rodneycc

10speedsemiracer

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:24 pm

Zippy7 wrote:
deadwax wrote:Ordered a bunch of parts from bike-discount.de over the christmas/new year break. No problems with the order and easily the best prices around, a lot cheaper than c r c/Wiggle. Pretty generous with what they'll ship for E25 as well.
The shipping cost has also been the stumbling block for me, plus the timeframe. Prefer to purchase local if I can, mainly due to the timeframe thing after a prior bad experience with Wiggle. I use Pushys now, almost exclusively. There's usually a free shipping offer at some stage each month, and then I stock up.
Campagnolo for show, SunTour for go

deadwax

Postby deadwax » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:08 pm

Zippy7 wrote:
Yes the shipping is not cheap. I did the sums on a fair proportion of the order and it was well and truly covered by the cheaper prices though, the comparison prices I used were to c r c with a little bit of Wiggle for sanity checking.

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:16 pm

10speedsemiracer wrote:
Zippy7 wrote:
The shipping cost has also been the stumbling block for me, plus the timeframe. Prefer to purchase local if I can, mainly due to the timeframe thing after a prior bad experience with Wiggle. I use Pushys now, almost exclusively. There's usually a free shipping offer at some stage each month, and then I stock up.
I have used both Starbike and Bike24 on a regular basis. Both charge €20 for shipping, but the prices are so much cheaper than c r c or Wiggle, and the product range is much larger. For example, there is a massive range of wheel building parts, dyno lights etc that nobody else carries, and those that do carry them don’t have much of a range.

I price compare baskets against the usual sites, and I stockpile wish lists to bulk up shipments. Most recently I had packages coming from Wiggle, c r c, Bike24 & Merlin all at the same time.

There are also some lesser known sites that are good for getting SRAM stuff, but I’m not naming them lest SRAM find out and block them. I used to get all my SRAM kit from Bike24.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi